• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ectoplasm?

A

Anonymous

When I was 7, for a period that seems to have been weeks or a few months, when I lay in bed at night in the dark, I would make a fist (of my left hand as I remember, I am left handed) and a thread of what looked like green glowing fishing line would come out of my fist. It was like I had a bundle of thread in my fist, and would get the end of it with my right index finger and thumb, and pull it out. It would hang in the air, remaining wherever I placed it. I used to loop it into simplistic flowers. It eventually stopped happening, or I lost interest in it. 40 years later, my memory is that it seemed completely real, not imaginary. I can't do it now. Has anyone heard of or experienced such a thing?

Very odd! Did you have any other expereinces, like seeing or hearing people in your room, odd lights, precognition, knowing things about people you couldn't have known? Poltergeist effects, even?

Welcome to the board, by the way :).

Hello Stu. No, nothing else out of the ordinary comes to mind from that time. A few times in my life I've had what seemed to be precognition, nothing impressive, and may well have simply been chance, though it gave me chills at the time. I can think of a couple other experiences (unexplained sound, ghost car) that I'll put in separate threads.

Thanks Bannik. That is interesting, and actually gives me a creepy feeling of familiarity, though I don't really remember anything like that.

John998 - I know exactly what you mean. I got the same feeling when I first read it and yet I still can't quite put my finger on why.

Sorry for the super-delayed response.:D

Back