• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Edward Snowden Denies US Intelligence Records Of Popular Conspiracies

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
FWIW ... Snowden states (and not for the first time ... ) that he'd specifically searched CIA and allied US intelligence data systems for information about popular conspiracy theories (government knowledge of ET's; chemtrails; hoaxed moon landing; etc.) only to find no evidence for them.
Edward Snowden searched the CIA's networks for proof that aliens exist. Here's what he found

... Edward Snowden has searched the depths of the US intelligence networks and can report the conspiracy theories are not true.

As a former employee of the CIA and contractor for the National Security Agency, Snowden had access to some of the nation's most closely held secrets.

And, like any curious mind with access to the CIA's version of Google might do, he went in search of answers to some of society's most pressing questions.

As it turns out, the US government is not aware of any intelligent, extraterrestrial life, he says.
"For the record, as far as I could tell, aliens have never contacted Earth, or at least they haven't contacted US intelligence," Snowden writes in his recent memoir, "Permanent Record."

Also, the moon landing did indeed occur.

"In case you were wondering: Yes, man really did land on the moon. Climate change is real. Chemtrails are not a thing," he adds.

The NSA whistleblower addressed the conspiracies again on an episode of "The Joe Rogan Experience" podcast, released Wednesday, saying "there's no evidence" of aliens and chemtrails and the like.

"I know, Joe, I know you want there to be aliens," Snowden joked to Rogan, the podcast's host. "I know Neil deGrasse Tyson badly wants there to be aliens. And there probably are, right?

"But the idea that we're hiding them -- if we are hiding them -- I had ridiculous access to the networks of the NSA, the CIA, the military, all these groups. I couldn't find anything," he continued. "So if it's hidden, and it could be hidden, it's hidden really damn well, even from people who are on the inside." ...

FULL STORY: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/us/edward-snowden-joe-rogan-conspiracies-trnd/index.html

Aliens organized the whole Snowden thing to convince us that they don't exist!

They must have had a reason for that, obviously! Stands to reason. :mute:

Whistle blower Edward Snowden said Wednesday that he searched CIA and NSA databases for evidence that the US government was hiding aliens — but found no evidence of extraterrestrials.

Snowden made the admission while speaking on Joe Rogan’s podcast, telling the host that if the US is indeed shielding evidence of alien life, the government has hidden it especially well.

“If we are hiding them — I had ridiculous access to the networks of the NSA, CIA, military, all these groups — I couldn’t find anything,” he said.

“If it’s hidden, and it could be hidden, it’s hidden really damn well even from people on the inside,” Snowden added.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/23/edward-snowden-says-he-searched-cia-nsa-databases-for-proof-of-aliens/

maximus otter

Right so the jfk assassination didn't happen and I think he's been bought as in a Russian asset because Russia likely give him a ultimatum by giving up what he knows or end up being handed over to the usa and spend the rest of his life behind bars or worse getting bumped off.

I should think the opposite. He knows he is only useful to them as long as he still has something to give. If he gave them everything, then they could get rid of him.

FWIW ... Snowden states (and not for the first time ... ) that he'd specifically searched CIA and allied US intelligence data systems for information about popular conspiracy theories (government knowledge of ET's; chemtrails; hoaxed moon landing; etc.) only to find no evidence for them.

FULL STORY: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/us/edward-snowden-joe-rogan-conspiracies-trnd/index.html

I watched the whole interview, from which this topic was but a brief digression.

It strikes me that evidence/documentation of extra-terrestrial encounters would not be stored on a system where the authors did not have a full list of those with access. Snowden emphasised that for technical reasons he had high-level clearance, and implied that he and others of his level could browse freely across multiple networks.

I'd imagine, however, that information of such extreme sensitivity would be revealed only on a need-to-know basis and would not be subject to the staffing decisions of independent contractors.

I can't believe that access to such data would be granted by class or category that could be expanded by status grants made by external bodies and individuals; they'd surely keep it 'named' and personally vetted.

In the case of older conspiracies, how much of the paper or microfilm trail has been digitised and available for electronic perusal?

No it's not "the Ukraine" - it's Ukraine.

Greetings from Kyiv!

I read an article about this a few years ago.

Unfortunately I forget the precise details, but it was something along the lines that countries often prefixed with the definite article that aren't federations or agglomerations (e.g. The Netherlands, The United Kingdom, The Philippines), are most often regions that were controlled/ruled/dominated by other countries as occupied regions: The Sudan (Egypt), The Congo (Belgium), or nations whose name was derived from a geographical noun: Ukraine being (something like, forgive my ignorance) '[the] borderland(s), the Gambia being the region around the Gambia River.

I know that there is no definite article in Russian or Ukrainian and that it is a foreign coinage, but that's hardly a rarity.

I can see, of course, why nations that have since broken the shackles, as it were, would be keen to drop it.

I lament the demise of 'Peking' and it's supersession by 'Beijing'. 'Myanmar' can just jog on.

I read an article about this a few years ago.

Unfortunately I forget the precise details, but it was something along the lines that countries often prefixed with the definite article that aren't federations or agglomerations (e.g. The Netherlands, The United Kingdom, The Philippines), are most often regions that were controlled/ruled/dominated by other countries as occupied regions: The Sudan (Egypt), The Congo (Belgium), or nations whose name was derived from a geographical noun: Ukraine being (something like, forgive my ignorance) '[the] borderland(s), the Gambia being the region around the Gambia River. I know that there is no definite article in Russian or Ukrainian and that it is a foreign coinage, but that's hardly rare.

I can see, of course, why nations that have since broken the shackles, as it were, would be keen to drop it.

To a Ukrainian "The" Ukraine was a vassal serf of the Soviet Union whereas Ukraine is a "free country"

Consequently writing "The" Ukraine implies the writer is suggesting that Ukraine belongs to Russia.

I am of course not suggesting for one minute that you believe this to be the case but as a long term resident of Kyiv (different spelling there too) I do feel a strong urge to point out the errant "The" where ever I see it.

To a Ukrainian "The" Ukraine was a vassal serf of the Soviet Union whereas Ukraine is a "free country"

Consequently writing "The" Ukraine implies the writer is suggesting that Ukraine belongs to Russia.

I am of course not suggesting for one minute that you believe this to be the case but as a long term resident of Kyiv (different spelling there too) I do feel a strong urge to point out the errant "The" where ever I see it.

Fair enough.

I'm just pointing out that there is another reason for its existence, beside the nakedly political one.

Did he mention the whereabouts of the warehouse containing the Ark of the Covenant?

It didn't come up.

It is quite a good watch, mind you.

I really like Joe Rogan's show, but in this case he scarcely says a word; Snowden clearly has a lot to say, much of it important, and writing his book has allowed him to distill it into a narrative form of sorts.

I posted it elsewhere, but here it is (over 4 million views in about twenty-four hours so far)

I watched the whole interview, from which this topic was but brief digression.

It strikes me that evidence/documentation of extra-terrestrial encounters would not be stored on a system where the authors did not have a full list of those with access. Snowden emphasised that for technical reasons he had high-level clearance, and implied that he and others of his level could browse freely across multiple networks.

I'd imagine, however, that information of such extreme sensitivity would be revealed only on a need-to-know basis and would not be subject to the staffing decisions of independent contractors.

I can't believe that access to such data would be granted by class or category that could be expanded by status grants made by external bodies and individuals; they'd surely keep it 'named' and personally vetted.

Bad form to 'reply' to myself I know, but compare any putative intelligence of 'aliens' with that of ULTRA during the war. You could count the number of individuals who had knowledge of the full operation on hands and feet. The practical intelligence it granted was issued on a strictly need-to-know basis to army and theatre commanders and their senior intelligence officers only via a network of possibly as few as forty specially recruited liaison officers, who would deliver the intelligence on paper and watch it read and destroyed before departing. So precious was the secret that nobody with knowledge of it was permitted to be placed or to place himself in a position where he could be captured, and the lives of those who could have been saved were sacrificed if no plausible cover story could justify the action to save them (see Freyberg on Crete, for instance).

No reference to it was even published for thirty years after the war.

If the American Intelligence Community is putting the crown jewels (pardon the mixed metaphor) on a network to be browsed by all those with a password, they don't deserve their title.

For me, Snowden's non-discovery means little.

His claim would be easily deniable by people who think the CIA has information on aliens, to wit: "Did Snowden search for "aliens", or did he search for whatever codeword the CIA uses for aliens?"

Your suspicions are correct, Yith ...

There's no such thing as a network-of-networks providing universal access to all agencies' classified data at all classification levels to just anyone / everyone having access to the network in general.

More specifically, in the higher reaches of the classification hierarchy data is "compartmentalized" - meaning only the particular individuals named on an access list are cleared to access the data. Compartmentalized data is secured down to the physical level (electronic storage; hardcopy documentation), and it requires personal physical access to see it (and in many cases to even know it exists in the first place).

In addition ... Even though the various intelligence-related entities collaborate more closely than ever before, there are boundaries and firewalls enforced between military and non-military intelligence assets and resources.

We all know he did a search for "three-breasted women".

If the American Intelligence Community is putting the crown jewels (pardon the mixed metaphor) on a network to be browsed by all those with a password, they don't deserve their title.

For me, Snowden's non-discovery means little.
Indeed. They only expose the servers that they want to expose to the Internet.
Anything that is beyond 'top secret' isn't going to be connected, or it will use some kind of cryptography that someone like Snowden can't crack.

... They only expose the servers that they want to expose to the Internet.

No classified servers are exposed to the Internet - period.

... Anything that is beyond 'top secret' isn't going to be connected, or it will use some kind of cryptography that someone like Snowden can't crack.

Nothing beyond merely "For Official Use Only" is connected - period.

“If it’s hidden, and it could be hidden, it’s hidden really damn well even from people on the inside,” Snowden added.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/23/edward-snowden-says-he-searched-cia-nsa-databases-for-proof-of-aliens/

maximus otter

'Ok General, we are the only two people who know about that file with all the UFO and Alien information in it.

It is time we opened it up and revealed it to the public. Now, whats the password ?'

'Password ? I thought you had it '.

So who are you going to believe, Snowden or Jill Hughes?

“the E.T’s, some of them less than Apple Pie wholesome or Positive pumpkins, are already here working with our world Governments, but that’s all hush-hush for now”.
“I have just come to truly realise that my purpose is to raise consciousness here on earth - I originated from Sirius.”

(WARNING : Mention of Br*xit)

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/new...are-working-with-world-governments-1-10081127

There's a "rap battle" going on between Edward Snowden and Nassim Taleb.
I think Nassim Taleb accuses Snowden of being a Russian asset.

So, if I tell you that there is this fellow in Moscow organizing a freedom-from-oppression movement in California, you don’t need any expertise in espionage (or conditional probability) to realize that there is something fundamentally dubious there. Add to it a crucial piece of information: said institute gets funding in cryptocurrencies (and the runner of the institute must escape the banking system as his royalties and speaking fees get confiscated by the U.S. government).
https://medium.com/incerto/snowden-phony-hence-traitor-86ee41197578

It seems to have been triggered by this anti-bitcoin paper by Nassim Taleb:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2106.14204.pdf
(Quite a convincing argument, but I'm biased against bitcoin, so don't take that too seriously.)

I'm too stupid to get this reasoning:

Last edited:
Back