• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Eggstraordinary Easter

C9aD5VqW0AIQEAn.jpg

Hopefully this will the last dry Good Friday.

I'm realising how much I really like that song.
I speak for myself, but I believe that Ian Hunter singing liberates much more endorphin in my blood than a ton of the finest chocolate. And this video is precious. What is Ariel Bender on this video? And the backing singers? And seeing Buffin and Overend Watts...

It would take a big bunny to hide this egg.

April 5 (UPI) -- A nearly 50-foot-tall decoration erected in a Brazilian town has been dubbed the world's largest decorated Easter egg by Guinness World Records.

Guinness said Pomerode's welded steel egg, covered in foam and resin-impregnated canvas, measures 49 feet, 3 inches tall and 26 feet, 7 inches in diameter. The local tourism body, Accociacao Visite Pomerode, said the egg was created over the course of about 48 hours for the town's annual Osterfest event, which coincides with Easter.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/0...r-largest-decorated-Easter-egg/9041554472966/

Easter Demons!

Locals in the city of Texistepeque in El Salvador have kicked off the Easter week with an annual festival which sees residents dressing up as demons known as "talcigüines" and playfully whipping bystanders.

The demons and a man dressed as Jesus act out scenes which are meant to represent the temptation of Christ as told in the gospels.
A man dressed as a demon participates in a ceremony known as Los Talciguines, as part of religious activities to mark the start of the Holy Week in Texistepeque, El Salvador, April 11, 2022.
IMAGE SOURCE,REUTERS
A man dressed as a demon participates in a ceremony known as Los Talciguines, as part of religious activities to mark the start of the Holy Week in Texistepeque, El Salvador, April 11, 2022.
IMAGE SOURCE,REUTERS

The traditional ceremony is held on the day after Palm Sunday and attracts people from across El Salvador to the city 50 miles (80 km) north of the capital San Salvador.

The men who are chosen to act as talcigüines start their day by attending mass.

.https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-61078955

Back