• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Elective Plastic / Cosmetic Surgery

I was reading about Britney Spears complaining about Christina Aguilera not saying very much about her "freedom" (won't link to it, step away from social media, Britney, that's my advice), and noticed the recent photo of Christina on the report. That's Christina Aguilera now? What's she done to herself?!

I'm not bothering to go and find an image of her but I suspect that Aguilera has had the same thing happen to her that others of her ilk have.
Noticed the rapidly approaching onset of 'middle age' and taken steps to try to mitigate the effects of increasing age on herself by indulging in unnecessary and expensive plastic surgery and/or cosmetic treatments.
Either that or she has decided totally against that and just allowed nature to take it's course, and ended up looking like an old leather handbag (but I think that's unlikely)

I'm not bothering to go and find an image of her but I suspect that Aguilera has had the same thing happen to her that others of her ilk have.
Noticed the rapidly approaching onset of 'middle age' and taken steps to try to mitigate the effects of increasing age on herself by indulging in unnecessary and expensive plastic surgery and/or cosmetic treatments.
Either that or she has decided totally against that and just allowed nature to take it's course, and ended up looking like an old leather handbag (but I think that's unlikely)
French women (as a rule) seem to look much more natural. Not caking their faces in loads of make-up is probably the main reason.

I was reading about Britney Spears complaining about Christina Aguilera not saying very much about her "freedom" (won't link to it, step away from social media, Britney, that's my advice), and noticed the recent photo of Christina on the report. That's Christina Aguilera now? What's she done to herself?!
At least she hasn't gotten the Jocelyn Wildenstein look yet.

This is from 3 days ago. I can see that she has had her shoulders extended.

1637504907058.png

I watched the first two series of Lucifer back in the day. Not long ago I was at a loose end and decided to take a peek at the most recent series. I don't know if I'm imagining it or whether the female lead has had a lot of plastic surgery done? I know that I used to enjoy Lucifer but now I find there is something unwatchable about her face, it looks impossibly 'pouty' and a little bit frozen. Mind you, I'm not sure that Tom Ellis is ageing all that well either.

Hmm, I didn't intend this to turn into a "Christina looks terrible!" shaming thread, though it is true that with money comes access to cosmetic surgery and a reluctance to age gracefully. Does anybody age gracefully, when it comes down to it?

The ones who age gracefully are the ones who get plastic surgery but don't overdo it.

I suspect the decent surgery is something we dont notice

The decent surgery is the stuff that corrects the results of accidents or attacks, I have no problem with that. I suppose it's all about confidence.

At least she hasn't gotten the Jocelyn Wildenstein look yet.
Let's hope she doesn't travel down that road. I've seen the picture in question and each of her breasts look as big as her head.
Strikingly beautiful and immensely talented, I've always sensed that she had deep insecurities about herself.

Thai drug suspect had plastic surgery to look like South Korean man, say police

A suspected Thai drug dealer who had extensive plastic surgery to make him look "Korean" has been arrested after evading capture for three months, police have said.

skynews-saharat-sawangjaeng_6072211.jpg

Saharat Sawangjaeng, 25, was detained at an apartment in the Thai capital and has been charged with importing and possessing ecstasy (MDMA), a class one drug, reported the Bangkok Post.

He had escaped detention last year despite his arrest - but in recent days was tracked down by officers who analysed where the drug was being distributed to other sellers and buyers in the city, the publication said.

This led police to an individual who witnesses described as "an attractive South Korean man".

Officers said Saharat, who had been on the run since December, has confessed to ordering MDMA on the dark web and using cryptocurrency to pay for it, according to the Bangkok Post.

He had spent three months with a dramatically different look, reinventing himself as a South Korean national called Jimin Seong.

https://news.sky.com/story/thai-dru...ook-like-south-korean-man-say-police-12821608

maximus otter

Hmm, I didn't intend this to turn into a "Christina looks terrible!" shaming thread, though it is true that with money comes access to cosmetic surgery and a reluctance to age gracefully. Does anybody age gracefully, when it comes down to it?
Do you mean ageing without having plastic surgery? Plenty do!
Our most cherished older female British thespians don't bother for a start.

Dame Judi Dench said she's considered it: 'Every time I go to America I wonder if there is some process where it could be all sucked out and I could be there in time for dinner, but I’m frightened it would all drop off under the anaesthetic.'
What a pro. :chuckle:

When you flick the TV on you can tell whether a programme is British or not right away. Just count the cast's wrinkles. ;)

I hesitate to mention it but have you seen Katie Price’s latest? Crikey. The most massive knockers yet - it’s not a good look - a bit hideous. Not going to post a pic.

Back