• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Electronic Voice Phenomena ('EVP')

BMC the sound is only played once. The first sound is getting you ready then when the words show that is the important sound and what you hear then is whichever word you are looking at, you choose.
Wasn't very clear then was it?
All I heard was whoosh-whoosh and then green needle, irrespective of the printed words.

BMC the sound is only played once. The first sound is getting you ready then when the words show that is the important sound and what you hear then is whichever word you are looking at, you choose.

I got that the first sound was basically an intro. But I still cannot get anything remotely like 'brainstorm' out of the subject sound. Like, not within a million miles. I'm now mildly concerned that there's something wrong with my hearing.

I got that the first sound was basically an intro. But I still cannot get anything remotely like 'brainstorm' out of the subject sound. Like, not within a million miles. I'm now mildly concerned that there's something wrong with my hearing.
Having now scrolled through the replies to the Tweet, I see that I wasn't the only one who didn't get this at all and thought that it was a pretty crap demonstration!
I'm no believer in EVP anyway, but didn't find this confusing Tweet was an effective way to disprove it.

Having now scrolled through the replies to the Tweet, I see that I wasn't the only one who didn't get this at all and thought that it was a pretty crap demonstration!...

I'm not so sure. If some people are hearing both word sounds - and others only one, then maybe that actually says something about the phenomenon; the lack of universality might be interesting in itself.

Having now scrolled through the replies to the Tweet, I see that I wasn't the only one who didn't get this at all and thought that it was a pretty crap demonstration!
I'm no believer in EVP anyway, but didn't find this confusing Tweet was an effective way to disprove it.

Did you try the YouTube variant I posted above?

Back