• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Elon Musk's Starman Conspiracy

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
This is so crazy, it might even be real ... the first car in space .. I can't wait to hear what the conspiracy crew say about this ..

The Space X launch is reported as being a success and this below stream is reported as being live footage of Elon Musk's car in space .. as you do ..

The driver/astronaut is reported as being a mannequin.

A great hoax or complete bullshit ?

edit: the stream is currently no longer live

Last edited:
And here is the US DOT/FAA license to carry this out.

DVIGY1sVMAApSvM.jpg orig.jpeg

I can't wait to hear what the conspiracy crew say about this ..
Well, this 'conspiracy crewmember' is awaiting return-of-serve. What do you collective trusting individuals, who accept all mainstream media news stories (because they're 'always real') make of this story?

Why does this feel like a massive gauntlet being thrown down, an infinite test of boundary thresholds of credibility?

To me, and others that have doubts about all things (especially the nature of belief in stated realities) this is beyond satire.

Now, this is about to be a conspiracy theoretician's equivalent of "how many fingers am I holding up?...
2018-02-07 05.46.30.png

keep watching....
Screenshot_2018-02-05-08-31-53.png

But the latest on this is that SpaceX say there definitely was a Tesla Roadster car on the front of the three-rocket assembly. Containing a dummy (of Elon Musk?)

But presumably no $500 flamethrowers...

Last edited:
Elon Musk talking about his mission to Mars plans

I've been trying to find the SJW's take on all of this, perhaps something along the lines of "A privileged white man and his phallic symbol rocket penetrated our sky to dump his penis extension red sports car to pollute our atmosphere last night!" ... would be nice ... :)

falconheavy.jpg

I have difficulty deciding whether it is an ostentatious waste of money, a really cool hobby, or a publicity grabbing hoax.

Potlatch, anyone?

I have difficulty deciding whether it is an ostentatious waste of money, a really cool hobby, or a publicity grabbing hoax.

Potlatch, anyone?
.. or propaganda/publicity stunt to intimidate the other none western superpowers and boost Western morale and investment.

.. and ..

Last edited:
.. or propaganda/publicity stunt to intimidate the other none western superpowers and boost Western morale and investment.

Not really it is a new rocket concept and before EM can persuade the owners of multi-billion US$ satellites and their insurance companies that he can launch stuff into orbit with his new rocket then EM needs to prove to any interested parties that it all works including its ability to launch a satellite shaped payload once in orbit.

In the past pieces of steel have been used to stand in for a payload but in this case EM decided to use a car because he owns a car company as well. The car is also more satellite shaped if one considers its overall dimensions than a pile of scrap steel too.

So given that the test flight was as a proof of concept to potential customers and their insurance companies then why not use the payload space for something frivolous and gain loads of free publicity for your car brand at the same time.

The rocket was going to orbit anyway the Tesla car just hitched a ride as there was some free space.

Not really it is a new rocket concept and before EM can persuade the owners of multi-billion US$ satellites and their insurance companies that he can launch stuff into orbit with his new rocket then EM needs to prove to any interested parties that it all works including its ability to launch a satellite shaped payload once in orbit.

In the past pieces of steel have been used to stand in for a payload but in this case EM decided to use a car because he owns a car company as well. The car is also more satellite shaped if one considers its overall dimensions than a pile of scrap steel too.

So given that the test flight was as a proof of concept to potential customers and their insurance companies then why not use the payload space for something frivolous and gain loads of free publicity for your car brand at the same time.

The rocket was going to orbit anyway the Tesla car just hitched a ride as there was some free space.
That makes sense, I didn't realise he owned the car company as well.

If it doesn't run into anything huge, it could be last evidence of our technological civilization (a bit pockmarked by micrometeorites) when the aliens pass by in a few million years time and we're extinct (or have fled the planet altogether)....

Normally this would seem implausible. However seeing as Musk owns Tesla, it's a clever publicity stunt. The dummy is also wearing the recently released SpaceX spacesuit.

Elon Musk's post-launch press conference. Killer quote at around the 5-minute mark: "You can tell it's real because it looks so fake." Well done, Elon, that's sure to lay those conspiracy theories to rest.

Yeah, the conspiracy theories started almost immediately. In fairness it did look a bit fake!

Elon also said in that press conference that they didn't do anything to the car to prep it for space; it's literally just an ordinary car. Any scientifically-minded people here know if that sounds plausible? Wouldn't the tyres explode in a vacuum? What would happen to a glass windscreen at such low temperatures? etc...

It would take a while before the car cooled down, as it would need to radiate the heat. The tires will probably crumble at lower temperatures, but I doubt the pressure differential matters too much.

"Alright kids, remember we parked the car at L4."

I see the Tesla on its pedestal mount inside the Falcon Heavy payload bay / fairing.

What - specifically - is it about this photo that yields an understandable impression the car isn't in space?

I see the Tesla on its pedestal mount inside the Falcon Heavy payload bay / fairing.

What - specifically - is it about this photo that yields an understandable impression the car isn't in space?
The wall behind the car, perhaps? In that case they're they're pretending it's out in the open on top of the rocket.

The impression is that there is a concave multifacet projection screen in this picture, behind the purported vehicle.

Repeat the sequence following from 41:54 within the referenced Youtube video. The walling then becomes a 'shot' taken in space. Except it is closer to being a colour seperation overlay.

Nothing about this opera is realistic.

The wall behind the car, perhaps? In that case they're they're pretending it's out in the open on top of the rocket.

OK - that's what I suspected ...

The wall visible in your screen grab is the wall of the Falcon Heavy's payload bay (the big fairing-shrouded bit atop the rocket).

They released photos of the Tesla Roadster being mounted in the payload module back in late December. The largest collection of these photos I've seen is at:

https://www.teslarati.com/image-elon-musk-tesla-roadster-spacex-payload/

Here are a pair of photos (taken from the site linked above ... ) illustrating how the car sat inside the payload bay.

Roadster-and-Falcon-Heavy-Elon-Musk-6-1022x1024.jpg

Roadster-and-Falcon-Heavy-Elon-Musk-7-991x989.jpg

Screenshot_2018-02-07-23-36-35.png

Further screen grab, following-on from the previous Gimped image above, then...

Screenshot_2018-02-07-23-38-20.png

(Overcontrasted splash shot, which then stabilises to become an image of the car supposedly in space).

There is (in my opinion) not a question as to whether this is fake. It is, yet again, more a question as to why it is all so obviously fake.

The footage of the booster rockets returning to the recovery pads make no sense whatsover.

Back