• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

email chain letter

JurekB

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This has just popped into my inbox and strikes me as a fine example of an email UL.

Naturally I've forwarded it on to a couple of people, you know just in case.:D

To all of my friends, I do not usually forward
> > > messages, but > >> this is
> > > from my good friend Pearlas Sanborn and she really
> > > is an attorney. If she
> > > says that this will work - it WILL work. After all,
> > > what have you got to
> > > lose?
> > >
> > >
> > > SORRY EVERYBODY.....JUST HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE!!!
> > >
> > > I'm an attorney, and I know the law. This thing is
> > > for real. Rest assured
> > > AOL and Intel will follow through with their
> > > promises for fear of facing a
> > > multimillion dollar class action suit similar to
> > > the one filed by PepsiCo
> > > against General Electric not too long ago.
> > >
> > > We're not going to help them out with their e-mail
> > > beta test without
> > > getting a little something for our time. My
> > > brother's girlfriend got in on
> > > this a few months ago. When I went to visit him
> > > for the Baylor/UT game.
> > >
> > > She showed me her check. It was for the sum of
> > > $4,324.44 and was stamped
> > > "Paid In Full". Like I said before, I know the law,
> > > and this is for real.
> > >
> > > Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which
> > > would make them the largest
> > > Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL
> > > remains the most
> > > widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an
> > > e-mail beta test.
> > >
> > > When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can
> > > and will track it (if
> > > you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week
> > > time period.
> > >
> > > For every person that you forward this e-mail to,
> > > Microsoft will pay you
> > > $203.15.
> > >
> > > For every person that you sent it to that forwards
> > > it on, Microsoft will
> > > pay you $156.29.
> > >
> > > And for every third person that receives it, you
> > > will be paid $17.65.
> > > Within two weeks, Intel will contact you for your
> > > address and then send you
> > > a check. I thought this was a scam myself, but a
> > > friend of my good friend's
> > > Aunt Patricia, who works at Intel, actually got a
> > > check of $4,543.23 by
> > > forwarding this e-mail.

Standard load of tosh really. If Intel and AOL are merging etc why are microsoft picking up the bill. What have Intel got to gain by merging with AOL and Vice Versa - Intel make chips, and are not an Internet co.

Oh I can't be bothered to carry on picking holes in it - delete the email :)

Way ahead of you Ninja, it was in the bin as soon as I'd copied and pasted it here. Peoples reactions to it are pretty interesting though, one of my colleagues emailed it to his wife who then forwarded it on to a further 20 people! I suppose when you offer people free money this is what happens.

the most telling phrase in the e-mail is 'but a friend of my good friends Aunt Patricia.....'

FOAF strikes again!!!!

this is a chain letter i got via email ( from me mum ) i wonder if this one is true?

A Real Man's Chain Letter

This chain letter was started in hopes of bringing
relief to other tired and discouraged men. Unlike most chain
letters, this one does not cost anything.

Just send a copy of this letter to five of your
friends who are equally tired and discontented.

Then bundle up your wife and/or girlfriend and send
her to the man whose name appears at the top of the following list, and
add your name to the bottom of the list.

When your turn comes, you will receive 15,625 women.

One of them is bound to be better than the one you
already have.

At the writing of this letter, a friend of mine had
already received 184 women, of whom 4 were worth keeping.

REMEMBER this chain brings luck.

One man's pit bull died, and the next day he
received a Playboy swimsuit model.

An unmarried Jewish man living with his widowed
mother was able to choose between a Hooters waitress and a Hollywood super
model.

You can be lucky too, but DO NOT BREAK THE CHAIN!
One man broke the chain, and got his own wife back again.

Let's keep it going, men! Just add your name to the
list below!

Bill Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

William Jefferson Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

W. J. Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

William Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

W Jefferson Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

William J Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

Slick Willie Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

Mr. Hillary Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

B.J. Clinton
780 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10017

You could always try replying to the sender with this:
GOD HATES CHAIN LETTERS!!!
This Is Amazing But True! Please forward it to as many people as you can ! IT WORKS!!
This message has been around the world six times. It was started in Buenos Aires, Argentina by a Catholic nun named Sister Anita Margarita and is intended to bring this message to the world:
STOP FORWARDING INANE E-MAIL CRAP OR VERILY GOD WILL LOP PARTS OF YOU CLEAN OFF.
Miss Veronica Smoots of Brooklyn received this message and forwarded it right away to two friends. Her hands fell off immediately. A Mr. Heckeldorf of Munich did not forward the message for over a week, during which time he won the lottery four times. Then he finally forwarded it and his shoulders fell off, and also his lap. Mrs. Emily Kirkland of Seattle, Washington received the message and didn't forward it, but her legs fell off anyway --- apparently a clerical error, which was caught right away and her legs fell back on, plus she got a set of valuable coupons in the mail.

>>If you forward this message to five people, five parts will fall off, like your ears, eyes and nose.
>>If you forward it to fifty people...well, no one knows what happens then. Can't be good.
>>If you forward it to exactly seventeen people, for some reason, someone will bring you a double layer cake --- but then your lips fall off, like the next day. But the cake is really good.

If you don't send it at all, amazing things start happening! Several red cars will drive by your house within 24 hours. Your phone will ring and someone will call you BY NAME and ask if you need vinyl siding. You will get sick, and then not be sick anymore. Within the next few months you will go to the mailbox and learn that you may have won ten million dollars!
This is absolutely true, try it! I don't know how it works, but it does.

What kind of a name is Pearlas Sanborn??

Mr C, did your ma add her name? Has she recieved her woman yet?

Annasdottir said:
You could always try replying to the sender with this:
GOD HATES CHAIN LETTERS!!!

Brilliant, Annasdottir! The trouble is, I'd like to send it to loads of people, but I don't want my shoulders to fall off!:)

Carole

This afternoon my sister's old man forwarded me this:

This was on the 9:00 o'clock news the other night and this works

THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USATODAY - IT IS FOR REAL

Subject: PLEEEEEEASE READ!!!! it was on the news!

This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.
Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates sharing his fortune . If you ignore this, You will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it ( If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For a two weeks time period.
For every person that you forward this e! -mail to , Microsoft will pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243..00 and for every third person that receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a check.
Regards. Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations

I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my address and within days, I receive a check for $24,800.00. You need to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this, Bill gates is the man.
It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many people as possible. You are bound to get at least $10,000.00. We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time. My bro ther's girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game. She showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid in full"
Like I said before, I know the law, and this is for real.
Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the largest Internet company and in an effort make sure t! hat AOL remains the most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and will track it( if you are a Microsoft Windows user)for a two week time period.

Try it; What have you got to lose

It's clearly the same basic email as the one in the first post, but it's been embellished a bit over the last 3 year. Also, the money on offer seems to have gone up.

So, anyone know if this was on the 9 o'clock news? Or in USA today?
Just curious. You never know...

At least none of these chain letters promise anything really nasty if you dont follow the orders. There was a spate of those by post many years back and I ended up collecting them from my friends and tearing them up for them.

Some people fall for these things regardless of what they promise. Such gullibility makes me laugh.

Thinking about it the Bible is like a chain letter.
It says you will be punished if you break the rules it lays down. :twisted:
It encourages you to pass on the word.

Or do I just think this cos I dislike Christianity :?: :evil: :?:

I think it's hilarious. What kind of moron would believe it?

Thinking about it the Bible is like a chain letter.
It says you will be punished if you break the rules it lays down.
It encourages you to pass on the word.
The Bible is frequently referred to by proponents of Meme theory as one of the most successful meme complexes of all time, and I guess chain letters could be described as being rather incompetent attempts at creating memes based around the potentially killer combination of fear and greed...

I like some approaches to the Meme theory. The bible = a human (computer type) virus corrupting the user and then being passed onto other users via networking.

Direct hit :splat:

Back