• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Email Murderer

JurekB

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This has just landed in my inbox and its a corker!

Enjoy

Serious Police Warning

> Please read this "very carefully", then send it out to all the
> people online that you know. Something like this is not to be taken
> casually; this is something you DO want to pay attention to.
> Think of it as a bit of advice too.
> If a person with the screen-name of Slavemaster contacts you, do
> not reply.
> Do not talk to this person; do not answer any of his/her instant
> Messages or e-mail.
> Whoever this person may be, he/she is a murder suspect for the death
> of 56 women (so far), all of whom who were contacted through the
> Internet. Please send this to all the women on your buddy list and
> ask them to pass this on, as well.
> This screen-name was seen on Yahoo, AOL, and Excite, so far.
> This is not a joke!
> Please send this to men too .. they can tell their loved ones,just
> in case! Send to every one you know!
Ladies, this is serious.

If it's true - scary, if its false (most likely) then it's not funny :mad:

Yes, it's on snopes.

Claim: Someone who calls himself "slavemaster" is luring women to their deaths over the Internet and has already claimed 56 victims.

Origins: Information goes a long way in the Internet era, and this one's got the legs to outlast even AOL. There is some truth here, but the warning is outdated.

John Edward Robinson Sr., 56, was arrested on 2 June 2000 and charged with sexual assault on two women in the Kansas City area. Robinson lured the women (as he had others) into participating in sadomasochistic sex by contacting them over the Internet under the name "slavemaster." The two women filed charges after Robinson "brutalized them in a way that went beyond what they intended."

After Robinson's arrest, law enforcement authorities discovered two 55-gallon industrial barrels, each containing a woman's body, on land Robinson owned in Kansas. A few days later, they discovered three more bodies in barrels kept in a storage space Robinson rented in Missouri. All five women appeared to have been bludgeoned to death.

Robinson was also suspected in the mid-1980s disappearances of three women and an infant whose bodies had not yet been located. One of the bodies Robinson had stored in barrels was later identified as being one of these women, and the missing infant was discovered to have been adopted by Robinson's brother.

The "slavemaster" is monstrously real, but so far he's well short of the 56 victims claimed for him, and he remains behind bars, not out trolling the Internet for additional victims.

Nowadays it would be very easily to get a girl, woman, boy or man in a very dangerous and secretive position thru contacting them on a messenger program or by email. I have heard plenty of cases of young girls being raped and the person who has raped them has been talking to them on yahoo messenger. There was a guy just caught in california that had raped atleast 3 girls by meeting them on Yahoo and arranging to meet them. If i had kids that used the net id be very scared about this so if any of you guys do have a kid in this position id urge you to find out who they talk to on the net and what about. My advice would be installing a key logger on your PC. We all know what humans are like, just look at Jack the Ripper. He wasnt a product of the time that he existed in, i think it would be safe to say that in our time there are worse people out there than old saucy Jacky.
It also just goes to show that the possibilities of tracing people that use these messenger programs are slim to impossible. Even with IP addresses it is sometimes impossible (unless the IP is static) to get an exact fix on who the user with that IP was.

tang-malow is completely right.

Kids are indeed making friends over the 'net and it can be worrying. My own teenagers did it a lot and I dithered between respecting their privacy and keeping them safe from marauders.

Here in the UK a girl of 13 went missing two weeks ago and it's believed that she may have gone off with a secret boyfriend, possibly met on the 'net.

I met my present BF on the 'net and he's not a serial killer, nor am I! My brother married a woman he met on Yahoo chat.
All four of us have confessed to being very careful indeed when meeting our net-pets! Teenagers, having to be more secretive about such things, might cover their tracks well enough to disappear without a trace if the worst happened.

The young girl who is missing is Amanda Dowling. I do hope she is found safe. My own youngest was her age not long ago.

I think most meetings on the Internet are done in some degree of secrecy because people feel that they will be looked down apon for having to resort to meeting people from the internet, well in most guys i know would think that. I have never met someone from the net of the opposite sex but i have met a friend i used to talk to and email a lot from the other side of the city i lived in, we met to swap movies and game and he ended up being a good friend and i still email him and talk to him reguarly on msn chat since i moved to live in a different country.
The internet is the ultimate tool for disguising yourself bet it in appearance or attitude or behaviour, most people for example on this message board may give off a certain vibe in their posts but if you met them in real life they could be shy and reserved other people could be the opposite and appear nice people but could end up being like Fred West. I think all parents should be very careful if they let the internet into their kids life and be sure and realise that this tool that can bring lots of pleasure and knowledge to their kids life can also bring pain and lies also. If i had a kid id read their emails and keep tabs on what they where viewing and who they were talking to, not to be nosey but out of fear of them being hurt.

I know people who have met net people. They were soooo scary... so are most of the other net-friends-of-friends I've met. Some have been really nice people. Not everyone's the same, but there's a certain disfunctional percentage of people who use the net as their main social contact. Many ordinary types do this, but I believe there is a type present that have a kind of disassociation with the real world... after all, the net is a sensorally deprived, not neccesarily honest world... at most these people are slightly uncomfortable to be around in a pub situation, but a *small* amount may be disfunctional in a potential harmful way

i would like to add that it is well known that Pedophiles use the internet to entrap young kids by tricking them into thinking that they are young kids themselves and arranging a meeting to hang out. This has happend a few times in north america and is well documented. They also seem to use it to trade pictures with each other, just look at Garry Glitter and his PC World fiasco. Always be careful when you meet someone from the Net, afterall they could be someone like me :mad: just joking

The trouble with the internet is that it is so anonymous. Those predators can take on any form they want. Anything from being a fourteen year old girl to a benign uncle figure. The amount of times that I've come across someone who have put all of their information, including age, address and telephone number on profiles. I usually try to send a friendly e-mail suggesting that it's not really the best thing to do. I have met people who have been cyber-stalked and ones who have had their identities stolen by some malicious idiot.

Back