• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Issues With Email Notifications

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Hi all,

I've just realised that I haven't received any emails from the board since Friday - not a single topic notification.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Carlos

Yes, me too, I thought I'd accidentally clicked on something. Must admit I delete them unread quite a lot and save checking out the messages for when I'm on the board, but it was nice having the message board care enough to send them.

And still no emails....

Hello? Mods?
Well I don't want the pesky things.

I always check for New Posts anyway, so I don't want my inbox cluttered with stuff I've already seen.

This needs to be checked. It could be an indication of something much worse (technically, for the MB, or ...constitutionally)

I've checked as far as I can check, no issues on here. Maybe a host thing, will email them.

Cool cheers - and Ryn...just switch off the email setting and you won't get any!

I've found that they keep coming only if I'm opening the alerts. If I spend a few days deleting without opening them, they cease to come.

I always open them when I get them but am not getting any either at the moment.

To quote the late Heather O'Rourke: "They're ba-aack!"

I am getting e-mails sent to my private e-mail acct with Comcast and I'm trying to turn it off.....the alert feature here is enough to let me know who's replying to what threads.

Click your username > preferences > scroll down to options, uncheck top two boxes: 'automatically watch...' & the sub-box 'receive email...'.

Click your username > preferences > scroll down to options, uncheck top two boxes: 'automatically watch...' & the sub-box 'receive email...'.
Thanks.....unchecked those boxes.

I've fallen at the first hurdle - I clicked my use name, but where are these preferences of which you speak?

I've fallen at the first hurdle - I clicked my use name, but where are these preferences of which you speak?
See your name right at the top of the page, next to Inbox?
Click on it.
One of the links says 'Preferences'.

Same here GNC, I got one where you said they were back on and nothing since.

Yes, must have been an anti-glitch where the board started working properly again. Still nothing today.

Funnily enough the only notification I received was for this thread....nothing else since!

I'm getting fewer, next to none if I'm not logged in. Having said that my local btinternet email server is broken (which BT conceded after a 20 minute argument about me not changing all my encrypted passwords to prove it was my fault...eventually the (now) slightly ruffled lady on the phone spoke with her manager and they eventually agreed I might have a point as they had many other open faults with the same symptoms...no BT email for three days now, some incoming on three other accounts, no outgoing at all...)

I unchecked my boxes in preferences and I'm still getting e-mails sent to my private off board Comcast account....
o_O

I'm getting other email fine - just nothing from here...

I know nobody else cares, but this still isn't working.

:banghead:

Back