• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Issues With Email Notifications

I get notification of every item on my 'alerts' list. Whether I'm logged in or not.

INT21

I know nobody else cares, but this still isn't working.

:banghead:
Are you certain that they're not ending-up in a folder for spam email?

Do you have an inadvertant nested folder with source-based filing?

Have you the ability to global search across your whole email in-box by keyword?

Are you you using an email application (real or Apple/Android) or are you accessing email via an online internet browser session? Do the terms POP or IMAP etc have any significance for you?

Is your email account hosted as part of a work-related corporate domain, or a standard public provider?

How certain are you that your own recipient address is properly registered within your account preferences for FTMB?

Are you certain that they're not ending-up in a folder for spam email? Yes

Do you have an inadvertant nested folder with source-based filing? No

Have you the ability to global search across your whole email in-box by keyword? Yes

Are you you using an email application (real or Apple/Android) or are you accessing email via an online internet browser session? Do the terms POP or IMAP etc have any significance for you? Checked web-based Outlook and the Office app. If I didn't know what POP and IMAC are I'd get fired!

Is your email account hosted as part of a work-related corporate domain, or a standard public provider? Standard

How certain are you that your own recipient address is properly registered within your account preferences for FTMB? Completely.

I have given up and am resigned to not having something that used to be.

Is it the post emails you dont recieve and if it is, when you are typing in this box, click More Options, then click the box under this main box, Recieve Email Notifications. Not sure if this is what you want

Yep that's ticked, I've Unwatched and then re-Watched some threads, all the correct boxes are ticked.

I've been receiving email notifications from here for years with no problems, from the old board too.

As far as I'm aware, nothing has changed! They just stopped arriving one day, then I got one from this thread (referred to earlier!), and radio silence since then.

I'm getting used to just clicking New Posts, but I just preferred the emails....

Nothing to add but I'm still not getting any either. Nor any e-mail notifications.

Sorry to drag a thread from its grave, but I've begun getting email notifications of thread updates, after some years of not doing so.
I'm not actually bothered either way, but I thought it odd that after so long of not doing so, they've suddenly sprung back into action. Gremlins in the works...?

Sorry to drag a thread from its grave, but I've begun getting email notifications of thread updates, after some years of not doing so.
I'm not actually bothered either way, but I thought it odd that after so long of not doing so, they've suddenly sprung back into action. Gremlins in the works...?

Your profile was set to automatically subscribe to threads you reply to--which I think sends email notifications. I can't easily discover if that was recently changed or not (deliberately or in error), but I've turned it off now.

Let me know what happens--or doesn't happen.

In the course of recent reorganization activities, a number of old threads have been updated, merged, and / or moved to new locations within the FTMB structure.

I suppose such recent activity could have triggered update notifications based on 'follow this thread' settings made years ago.

In the course of recent reorganization activities, a number of old threads have been updated, merged, and / or moved to new locations within the FTMB structure.

I suppose such recent activity could have triggered update notifications based on 'follow this thread' settings made years ago.

That is an idea that hadn't occurred to me, but it's plausible.

Thanks both for your input, but the threads I've got notifications for aren't ones that I think are affected by the mergers (Gotham in Fortean Culture, The RIP one in Mainstream News are two).
Some time ago I had switched off notifications, and since Yith, turned it off yesterday I've still got notifications from a variety of threads.

However, I'm genuinely not concerned either way; I'm fairly sure you all have rather more important work to do around these parts than deal with this, so I'm happy to live with it as it is.
I just thought I'd point out our own local Minor Strangeness...

Thanks once again.

After being away for 2 weeks I came back to find notifications being sent whereas I haven't had any for years.
Thought the system might have wondered that I hadn't logged in for awhile.

After being away for 2 weeks I came back to find notifications being sent whereas I haven't had any for years.
Thought the system might have wondered that I hadn't logged in for awhile.

Would you like notifications to be turned off?

No thankyou, I rather like seeing Fortean times come up in the mail and who knows how long it will last this time.
But thanks for asking.

I've gone a day without any notices. Not in spam folder. Seems like less and less are sent to that folder since the move which is good.

It does seem very sporadic.

When I came to the computer tonight I first checked my Emails. There were two. Neither from here.

I then logged- in here and found fourteen in the alerts list.

But some days I will find a couple of dozen notifications when I know I have already deleted them.

INT21.

Tastyintestines,

According to your posts, you have only posted three times this year. Maybe that is why you are not getting any notifications.

Nothing to do with frequency. I did just catch up on all my old ones but I was getting notices the whole time. Rynner strikes from beyond. ;)

Today, no notifications and 18 in the Alerts box.

If it might help; was seemingly receiving notifications until 7th January.

Had a few replies to correspondence, last couple of days, on threads where I would normally receive an e-mail notification. Nothing at all.

...and they're back.

Well, I've started receiving them again.

Back