Emiliano Sala: Disappearance & Plane Crash Investigation

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
The Emiliano Sala disappearance / plane crash now has its own thread.

This new revelation indicates both Sala and the pilot were suffering from potentially fatal CO poisoning.
Investigators: Sala poisoned by carbon monoxide before plane crash

Results of a toxicology report revealed that Emiliano Sala, shown here in a 2017 soccer match, suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning before a plane he was on crashed into the English Channel in January. File photo by Ian Langsdon/EPA-EFE

Aug. 14 (UPI) -- Soccer star Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson suffered dangerous levels of carbon monoxide before the private plane they were in crashed in the English Channel in January, a British aviation investigation agency said Wednesday.

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch said that toxicology tests showed that Sala's body had a carboxyhaemoglobin saturation level of 58 percent. Carboxyhaemoglobinis a mixture of carbon monoxide and hemoglobin, and 50 percent saturation is considered potentially fatal. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-...on-monoxide-before-plane-crash/9921565792012/

Last edited:

INT21

Antediluvian
It's quite plausible. But I didn't know Ibbotson had been recovered. If not it is still a bit speculative.

I'm surprised more VW Beetle drivers didn't suffer the same fate.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member