• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Encounters With The Flannel Man

Kingsize Wombat

Justified & Ancient
So this comes from the "Strange Familiars" Podccast - and it is something I never heard of.

It sees pretty much limited to the US and UK - which makes it even weirder.

We mentioned Flannel Man on the podcast at some point and struck a nerve. People all over are seeing this entity and we’ve been contacted by several witnesses who have seen Flannel Man in their house. In this episode Timothy talks with Dovie, Vanessa, and Alison about their Flannel Man encounters.

http://strangefamiliars.darkhollerarts.com/episode-26-encounters-flannel-man/

Which begs the question: Has anyone here seen Flannel Man?

There is a weird subset of the urban hipster culture in the US called "fakerjacks" by some wags. These are particularly insufferable doofi who go around places like New York City dressed up as lumberjacks, sometimes even carrying axes in custom leather harnesses. Of course all their clothing and accouterments look brand new. I'm sure most of them would hurt themselves if they ever actually tried to use an axe, and they would probably not do well in the woods on their own for a night.

There is a weird subset of the urban hipster culture in the US called "fakerjacks" by some wags. These are particularly insufferable doofi who go around places like New York City dressed up as lumberjacks, sometimes even carrying axes in custom leather harnesses. Of course all their clothing and accouterments look brand new. I'm sure most of them would hurt themselves if they ever actually tried to use an axe, and they would probably not do well in the woods on their own for a night.
They walk around town carrying axes?

Sure - it'd be the easiest explanation. But that's not what they are describing in the Podcast.

Here, you'd just call him a Yobbo.

I used to drink VB in Aussie and NZ and thought it was great. Then I gave up smoking and after two weeks had a VB and spat that piss out - easily the worst tasting beer ever - if you have taste buds that is.

I used to drink VB in Aussie and NZ and thought it was great. Then I gave up smoking and after two weeks had a VB and spat that piss out - easily the worst tasting beer ever - if you have taste buds that is.

I still have a case of VB here since Christmas. Unwanted gift. Not even my son's mates want it.

How bad does a beer have to be before a bunch of 20 year olds refuse to drink it for free?

14350811_1081687568578999_1401148538183745536_n.jpg

Maybe Flannelman is the smaller, cheaper and more accessible cousin of the sheet monster in 'Oh Whistle and I'll Come to You'? Flops along the beach after you, wiping stains off the rocks?

There is a weird subset of the urban hipster culture in the US called "fakerjacks" by some wags. These are particularly insufferable doofi who go around places like New York City dressed up as lumberjacks, sometimes even carrying axes in custom leather harnesses.
That sounds like the start of a fabulous horror movie: Fakerjacks suddenly go insane and turn into a loose militia of urban axe murderers.
Then we will all be saved by the "Astral Sasquatch," who are superior beings from another dimension.

Thank you for posting the video, Kingsize Wombat. I like the conjecture that Flannel Man is a manifestation of an archetype in contemporary trappings. Very curious to know what the "Babylonian" deity is that was referenced.

Last edited:
So this comes from the "Strange Familiars" Podccast - and it is something I never heard of.

It sees pretty much limited to the US and UK - which makes it even weirder.

http://strangefamiliars.darkhollerarts.com/episode-26-encounters-flannel-man/

Which begs the question: Has anyone here seen Flannel Man?
The idea of a specific kind of entity being seen all over the country is pretty common in East Asian countries, but I have now registered The Hat Man and now the Flannel Man. Are there other kinds "standard entities" known in the west appearing everywhere?

The idea of a specific kind of entity being seen all over the country is pretty common in East Asian countries, but I have now registered The Hat Man and now the Flannel Man. Are there other kinds "standard entities" known in the west appearing everywhere?

Well, the June 12th Episode had stories of the "Bunnyman" and other "Rabbit Archetypes". Plus Echo and the Bunnymen, of course.

No idea what to make of that! And in the following episode, there's "A stick-man; an albatwitch-like creature; a haunted abandoned mental institution; a giant fox; a black-eyed man; spooklights; a black wolf / dog; a one-eyed demonic Flannel Man; and more."

All IHTM listener experiences. Seems like a lot of people are seeing weird stuff. :fbunny:

Well, the June 12th Episode had stories of the "Bunnyman" and other "Rabbit Archetypes". Plus Echo and the Bunnymen, of course.

No idea what to make of that! And in the following episode, there's "A stick-man; an albatwitch-like creature; a haunted abandoned mental institution; a giant fox; a black-eyed man; spooklights; a black wolf / dog; a one-eyed demonic Flannel Man; and more."

All IHTM listener experiences. Seems like a lot of people are seeing weird stuff. :fbunny:
And not to forget, the black eyed children.

They should change the name - I can't take someone called "Flannel Man" seriously. It sounds as if his distinguishing feature is that he's carrying around a small face towel.
Or someone who can blag his way out of any situation.

:rollingw:
You two!

So it's most likely a Scouser who'll wash your face.

I have met hankiewoman, as terrifying as she is. She runs up to you out of the darkness, spits on a hankie and rubs it over your face to give it a clean.

At least if you were posh and had a nanny like Mary Poppins it'd be your own spit.

Dunno why that little scene stays with me. It might even be in the book and not t'fillum.

Slenderman rules all. I would enjoy a list of all the "[blank]man" entities out there. Goatman, Frogman, LizardMan, Bye Bye Man (didn't really take off)...

Tangent: In the US, a popular hipster bar craze is axe throwing. I can't imagine it started here. Must have been an import from Canada. The mystery is how establishments can afford the liability insurance.

BTW, "insufferable doofi" is my phrase of the day. Maybe the year.

Slenderman rules all. I would enjoy a list of all the "[blank]man" entities out there. Goatman, Frogman, LizardMan, Bye Bye Man (didn't really take off)...

Tangent: In the US, a popular hipster bar craze is axe throwing. I can't imagine it started here. Must have been an import from Canada. The mystery is how establishments can afford the liability insurance.

BTW, "insufferable doofi" is my phrase of the day. Maybe the year.
I wouldn't include Slenderman at all. We know that's an invention by a human, Eric Knudsen.

Back