• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Erotic Dream. Anybody Got Any Ideas As To Its Significance?

A

Anonymous

[Emp edit: RED TRIANGLE: This post contains sexual material those under 18 or of a sensitive disposition should stop reading NOW.]

My Dream

I awoke slowly from my slumbers that night to find myself still lying in bed and she was there. She was lying directly on top of me and we made love. The night was one of the most incredible of my life and is the most erotic experience I have ever had.

Many older pagans would recognise it as a visitation from the goddess allthough some younger readers might be horrified. Her skin was black as suits the dark goddess to me the Moria commonly known as Morrigan also as Bride goddess of death but as the lerned know also therefore goddess of life. She had tan and red coloured markings on her abdomen and her legs around me encircling me. She was as large as my bed which is a four foot six by six and a half foot double. She rose about three foot above me to the top of the abdomen. Her thorax was about eighteen inches across. She stayed with me for about twenty minutes in which time I remained aroused and capable with her always on top.

I awoke at climax over thirty seconds or so in which time she slowly departed. I had come on the sheets which I felt a little upset about, however throughout the experience I only ever felt the most exquisite tenderness and calm, no fear or bad feelings whatsoever.

To those of you for whom the description does nothing the Goddess I am describing took the form of the Arachnid, a Gigantic spider. Not hairy with thick legs. Soft bodied like soft shiny black leather. No Hairs at all. Legs which were thin. If you can imagine a money spider the size of a double bed then you have some idea.

I am interested if any other readers especially those of a craft persuasion have ever had a similar experience or if anyone has any ideas as to the significance or meaning of this dream. I have to add that I am not a user of drugs of any kind. and at the time the dream happened I was not Ill. There is no environmental explanation.

I often analyse dreams and would welcome comment but I am more interested in occult or craft significance. My clan holds the spider as an especially sacred animal and I view this dream as a visitation from the Moria. I am interested in knowing if other traditional clans hold her sacred also and what significance such a dream would hold for them.

:shock:

I don't really have any suggestions but I feel your description might be a little too graphic for younger Forteans. Perhaps the poster or the Mods could preface this with a warning, PG rating or equivalent, etc.?

Little My said:
I don't really have any suggestions but I feel your description might be a little too graphic for younger Forteans. Perhaps the poster or the Mods could preface this with a warning, PG rating or equivalent, etc.?

Coz that would keep them away. :)

Never mind the younger Forteans it was a bit too much for me :shock:

boynamedsue said:
Coz that would keep them away. :)

*Kicks off goody-two-shoes*

Well, I thought I'd say it anyway. ;)

**picks up discarded goody two shoes and trys them on**

Never turn down free shoes.

Little My said:

I can't change the subject line (as it is up to the character limit) but I've added in a warning at the top. I'm unsure what effect it will have but......

Well.

That is certainly a detailed, if somewhat hard to follow, account of what sounds like a form of sleep paralysis. I would imagine a lot of people would rather have a sexy dream than see an old Night Hag, but I don't if a Shelob sized spider is much better.

At the very least, I found it far from erotic. Maybe the fact that I am reading this at twenty after nine in the morning has something to do with that, but I suspect not.

I wouldn't worry too much about younger people reading the post, though . . . I doubt many actual children (under the age of 11) peruse this site all that often, and anyone over that age has heard of worse. The bit about the residue on the sheets is the only place I feel it gets truly graphic. And icky.

I will take Ray Stantz's sexy dream in Ghostbusters any day.

-Fitz

Fitz said:

At the very least, I found it far from erotic. Maybe the fact that I am reading this at twenty after nine in the morning has something to do with that, but I suspect not.

-Fitz

And they say we British are the masters of understatement ;)

Perhaps more of an incubus story? Researchers have linked incubi to sleep paralysis experiences as well.

Um, is the morrigan not more commonly connected with crows (e.g Branwen lit "Ravenmaiden" from the mabinogion)?

The reverance your "clan" pays to spiders is unusual in the gremanic/celtic traditions of the British Isles. Horse/Corvid/Pig and even Ox worship is certainly well attested from literary and archaeological sources but spider worship is seen more in Andean or African derrived cultures.

boynamedsue said:
The reverance your "clan" pays to spiders is unusual in the gremanic/celtic traditions of the British Isles. Horse/Corvid/Pig and even Ox worship is certainly well attested from literary and archaeological sources but spider worship is seen more in Andean or African derrived cultures.

Not that that will matter one jot to modern 'pagans'... ;)

Fitz said:
The bit about the residue on the sheets is the only place I feel it gets truly graphic. And icky.

I will take Ray Stantz's sexy dream in Ghostbusters any day.

I think that's the bit which made me wrinkle my nose and compose my quasiprudish letter to the editor, although the idea of being straddled by a giant spider does nothing for this arachnophobe either.

I once had a dream in which I was being molested by a very naked, very elderly lady (think: bathtub scene in The Shining) and - in my dream - I was actually quite enjoying the sensation. I awoke feeling revolted, violated and repulsed by my dream reaction (naked old ladies don't float my boat during my waking hours). However, this dream only bears a passing resemblance to the poster's which seems very involved, ritualistic and rooted in the poster's personal faith.

Sadly, ever since the dream I mentioned, I have nightmares about menacing naked old ladies during periods of anxiety. Brr.

Little My said:
I once had a dream in which I was being molested by a very naked, very elderly lady (think: bathtub scene in The Shining) and - in my dream - I was actually quite enjoying the sensation. I awoke feeling revolted, violated and repulsed by my dream reaction (naked old ladies don't float my boat during my waking hours). However, this dream only bears a passing resemblance to the poster's which seems very involved, ritualistic and rooted in the poster's personal faith.

Sadly, ever since the dream I mentioned, I have nightmares about menacing naked old ladies during periods of anxiety. Brr.

I don't think it will be possible for me to have an erotic thought ever again.

-Fitz

Ever since I was on SSRI's I have vivid, erotic dreams, if I sleep in the day, and not at night, won't go into detail, anyhow, but certainly in the Middle Ages, they would say I was being visited by an Incubus, I say it was them damn drugs :?

Lethe said:
Ever since I was on SSRI's I have vivid, erotic dreams, if I sleep in the day, and not at night, won't go into detail, anyhow, but certainly in the Middle Ages, they would say I was being visited by an Incubus, I say it was them damn drugs :?

I'm not on SSRIs but for the past 3 or so years, if I snooze during the day, more often than not I'll get a few moments of sleep paralysis, where I feel that I'm awake and aware but unable to move (or sometimes breathe) and I have to fight to stop the panic impulse! If I relax into it, normally I can wake a few minutes later.

Strangely, I've ONLY had this since I began reading about it on this damned FT board.

Also, I suppose my dreams could be incubus/succubus/being hagridden. Brrr.

One of the two experiences of sleep paralysis which I've had was semi-kinky in a way - I dreamt that the bed was being rocked back and forth by a naked woman whose modesty was, fortunately, covered by her long hair. I say fortunately because, despite the fact that I dreamt her as being about my age and reasonably attractive, her skin was very grey and she seemed to me to be very dead.

This was a scary dream with an erotic subtext (any wannabe psychotherapists who wish to offer insights into what this says about my attitude to sex can keep quiet please ;)) but completely disassociated from what I'd expect to be typical "night hag" syndrome.

This may not have been a completely out-of-sorts dream given that at the time I was "partying quite hard" and "having a good time with my friends" a lot which involved a lot of "staying up late" and "meeting new people" (he said as euphemistically as possible) but I was still deeply unnerved by it. The usual symptoms of sleep paralysis were there too.

I don't know anything about Wicca (if that's what Ceiteach meant by "craft") but I do ascribe to a kind of totemistic world view. I'm not full-on with it or anything, but I (sorta) believe in animal spirit messengers and that a particular spirit animal walks with me throught my life, etc. I dream about them sometimes, but I haven't 'done it' with an animal spirit (yet!). I know believing you have a special relationship with some kind of beast or diety dosen't make a lot of sense, but some of us are inclined to feel that way anyhow.

Ceiteachs dream and larger belief in having something that sounds like what I'd call a Spider totem seems entirely positive to me. As for what it means to dream of having intercourse with your patron animal spirit-deity (?): someone in another recent thread said they think the dreamer knows better than any analysis book what a dream means and I agree. The dream was for you Ceiteach, so you know what it means better than anyone else would. (IMO)

Fitz said:

But She was hairless and had thin legs! I thought guys liked that. :lol:

Lol!
Yes, obviously what it means to Ceiteach, is not what my dreams mean to me, and sleep paralysis occurs when I try to wake up, and can't. Also, my dreams always begin with some horrible stranger and I ' change ' it to be my b/f or some gorgeous film star, hell I might as well make it enjoyable. :shock: But I'm convinced, for me, it's a brain thing, it has no deeper meaning, that I'm consciously aware.

In response to Throw's dream about the dead-seeming woman rocking the bed, a guy I went to school with once confided in me that he'd been having naughty dreams about Cybill Shepherd.

"Moonlighting" being on tv at the time, that was understandable in a young fella, but the disturbing bit was, in the dream, which he'd had every night for a week, she was dead.

And he kept her in a cupboard.

And she was a bit more decomposed everytime he had the dream.

And he didn't think it odd that he was still turned on enough in his dream to do the business.

And then he'd put her back in the cupboard until the next night.

:nooo: :eek!!!!:

Jolly Jack said:
In response to Throw's dream about the dead-seeming woman rocking the bed, a guy I went to school with once confided in me that he'd been having naughty dreams about Cybill Shepherd.

"Moonlighting" being on tv at the time, that was understandable in a young fella, but the disturbing bit was, in the dream, which he'd had every night for a week, she was dead.

And he kept her in a cupboard.

And she was a bit more decomposed everytime he had the dream.

And he didn't think it odd that he was still turned on enough in his dream to do the business.

And then he'd put her back in the cupboard until the next night.

:nooo: :eek!!!!:

Dear lord I hope he least took care of basic ablutions each time he dreamt this! :shock:

Oh dear !!!

If this sort of thing is what happens when you practice "the craft", it's enuf to make ya turn Fundamentalist Christian !!!

(Scurries off to find the nearest Church)

It's my experience that dreams are usually just reality plus one. That's why we have dreams about having sex with platonic friends, dreams about our bosses firing us, dreams about being an idiot in class.

Keeping that in mind, I think it's safe to say that you just really like being a Wiccan, and we can leave it at that.

To my surprise, this thread has reminded me of an erotic dream I had years ago when I was still a child. I can't remember exactly what age I was, but it was before puberty. I didn't really understand eroticism at that age, even though children do experience erotic feelings. (Boys, for example, can get erections even as babies.)

In this dream, I was dancing around a fire with a woman who was covered in green fur, and who seemed half-woman, half-cat. Really I have only the memory of the memory of this dream now, it was so long ago, but it was very moving and exciting.

(Just to add an element of synchronicity, a woman from the Cat's Home called in our shop the other day to collect a 'cage' from us, and I refer to her as Cat Woman - although she's not covered in green fur, or particularly attractive either!)

f3nce said:
That's why we have dreams about having sex with platonic friends, dreams about our bosses firing us, dreams about being an idiot in class.

I've never actually had these sort of dreams, except when it comes to money (if I spend a large sum, the following night I'll generally have a dream where I don't have much money and panic, not very eventful or interesting). My normal dreams (on the odd occasion I remember having one) are generally more peculiar, I remember one dream was about the town we lived in being invaded by radiactive spiders, which would create nests and digest people using glowing green slime, which they had on a country road I was familiar with as me and my friends often cycled there. Maurice from Northern Exposure was also in the dream. Another when I was quite young was all the "adults" including my parents turning into vampires, so me and my friends had to escape. The only bit I really remember was trying to get in a car (driven by an unaffected adult or someone like that), and dream logic was taking effect, as I couldn't get in. Try and get in one side, and I'd pop out the other ;)

rynner said:
To my surprise, this thread has reminded me of an erotic dream I had years ago when I was still a child. I can't remember exactly what age I was, but it was before puberty.

The only erotic dream I've ever had occurred before puberty, I don't know when it was but I remember it involved attractive female robots. I don't know what that says about me :p

I often have vivid erotic dreams and very nice they are too, however the details shall remain untold as they are mine and mine alone!!!!!

rynner said:
...I refer to her as Cat Woman - although she's not covered in green fur, or particularly attractive either!)

Not covered in green fur and not particularly attractive? Now that's a little redundant.

boynamedsue said:
I've never actually had these sort of dreams, except when it comes to money (if I spend a large sum, the following night I'll generally have a dream where I don't have much money and panic, not very eventful or interesting). My normal dreams (on the odd occasion I remember having one) are generally more peculiar,

Yep pretty much the same - when I do remember a dream (about once or twice a month) they are bizarre and usually extremely violent. In the last one I may have ended up killing a German TV presenter (pos. with a ladder) for hiding in a chimney and grabbing my balls while I was watching an open air concert before it switching to an odd prophetic dream (nothing useful I'm afraid).

boynamedsue said:
Fitz said:

And they say we British are the masters of understatement ;)

Perhaps more of an incubus story? Researchers have linked incubi to sleep paralysis experiences as well.

Yep Hufford is quite clear that the erotic content of true SP isn't actually very high but connected parasomnias (esp. the ones that lead to incubus type dreams) clearly are more sexual. I'm unsure one can really be quite so strict with ones classifications and things like her lying on top of him certainly tick some of the SP boxes. He says (page 131):

I have encountered a few explicit details in Old Hag accounts but these are rare and are not typcially major components of a given experience. Some overtly sexual accounts have appeared in the course of my investigation, but these differed from the Old Hag in that they have lacked the paralysis feature and, in several cases, fear. These probably constitute either a distinct subtype of the experience or a different phenomena altogether.

Back