• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Evidence For A Reversal Of The Arrow Of Time

A

Anonymous

Anomalous unconscious emotional responses: Evidence for a reversal of the arrow of time
psy.uva.nl/resedu/pn/PUBS/BIERMAN/1998/tucson/tucson3.html
Link is dead. No archived version found.

Can somebody understand this?
sakina:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

Thank you,
I thought along those lines and I also think
that time is not linear.
Thanks for your opinion.
sakina

my neurologist and i were once talking about how one could accelerate the passing of time by altering one's perception of consciousness thru certain mental exercises.

hmmm, tell us more synth - are you talking about meditation and yoga?

neither. from what i can recall, it was training yourself to mentally skip seconds...or...occupy your mind with more activity. it was a rather powerful suggestion;we were talking about doing it at will. i wish i had his email, but he's a very personal guy, so i just did my conversing with him at appointments. he's also a reader of Fortean Times, btw

exactly. just because someone is colorblind doesn't mean that a rainbow will be yellow and grey to the rest of us.

i remember posting something similar to this. it dealt with the difference between sleep and consciousness and how the time perception differs slightly within the two.

it's all based on perception, yes, but it's interesting to wonder, with all our advanced intellects and hightened senses of self, just how far from actual perception we have gotten. we see and comprehend things differently than our ancestors, that much is true. but what about on a metaphysical and aural level. in this kinetic era, is time faster or slower for us? do we see color more clearly? how aware have we become of the arrow of time?

I aggree with what you said. The map is not the territory. But I would add that perception could be rated in 'usefullness' (or something like it) in addition to difference. Certainly, for a person hearing voices coming out of electrical sockets, it would be more usefull for him not to hear them.

blimey!

Did anyone check out the pictures used in this experiment?

chosen by some lass called Dagmar evidently

develop.psy.uva.nl/resedu/pn/ejap/plans/catalogs.html
Link is dead. No archived version found.

If these are the sort of images used in parapsychology i think they would provoke a sense of precognition in me too
or something
Grud on a greenie! what is she doing in pic 120?

steve b

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I agree that 'usefulness' might not be the best word. 'Ecological' perhaps ?

And those pictures...:eek!!!!:

Sequential response patterns and other possible artifacts were examined as a possible normal causal explanation of the data, but it is concluded that these data only seem explicable as a form of “backaction” or retro-causal effect due to conscious experience. Backaction was discussed in the light of the role of time-symmetry in physics. It was speculated that consciousness plays the role of a highly coherent absorber and is therefore responsible for constructive “backaction” rather than destructive retro-causal effects which are thought to arise from non-coherent absorbers.
I need to re-read the experimental findings when I'm awake: but I really hope the above extract from the conclusion section makes more sense in daylight than the dark ( I may need to call-in my own family-member tame psychologist...though the physicist can sleep-on, for now methinks)

I need to re-read the experimental findings when I'm awake: but I really hope the above extract from the conclusion section makes more sense in daylight than the dark ( I may need to call-in my own family-member tame psychologist...though the physicist can sleep-on, for now methinks)

I'm not sure a second reading will add much ... This research was originally posted to the FTMB in New Science. Upon reviewing the published report it became apparent it had more to do with parapsychology than physics.

I'm not sure a second reading will add much ... This research was originally posted to the FTMB in New Science. Upon reviewing the published report it became apparent it had more to do with parapsychology than physics.
Was just reading his biography - interesting gentleman! Parapsychology and 'remote viewing' seem prevelent?

What a pity the primary links are broken on this thread.

It's a fair cop.
c4f1416e689c859e2e073f6f8cb16aad.jpg

Back