• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Evidence For Ancient Atomic Warfare?

I found this April 2017 article fascinating - not for the subject matter, but rather for the way it re-directs the reader and leads him / her to a conclusion different from what its title insinuates.

There isn't anything in the article's text about time travel, but the article contains teasers leading to other articles about time travelers.

About half of the text is dedicated to debunking the ancient atomic warfare suggestion, without substantively addressing the claims underlying that suggestion.

This is one of those cases where I find the story's vehicle more interesting than the story's content.

There are a couple of items in this 2014 article that struck me as strange.

Near the end of the article the author focuses on a purported catastrophe at Mohenjo Daro It's not until the end that Mohenjo Daro is even mentioned.

This catastrophe is illustrated with a painting supposedly showing skeletons excavated at that site. I don't think I've ever seen a painting used to demonstrate the features of specific archaeological evidence.

The second thing is that lots of evidence from the Mohenjo Daro excavations points directly to severe flooding that apparently devastated the city multiple times.

The mysteries of dozens of skeletons in one place and how they got buried on the scene aren't so mysterious if viewed from the vantage point of a major flood.

It is from ancient-origins.net, not the most trustworthy source — I am more interested in the fact that people believe this than in whether it's true or not.

Agreed - on both counts ... :evillaugh:

My comments above resulted from the flimsiness of the article(s). I'm not sure how oblivious you'd have to be to consider such pastiches of disconnected factoids as making any case at all, much less a case for a specific proposition. :roll:

Back