• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Evidence Proving The Validity Of Astrology

The personal experience meaning something is a dodgy road (though I am intrigued my your envelope Ermintruder).

Personal example: First half of this year was awful; deaths, creative stagnation, medical problems, loss of job due to cuts etc. Yet since June, I've had a ridiculous amount of luck with creative stuff, job stuff - the big one has been financial, seeminly every other week I was getting a tax rebate or some other lump of cash I had no idea was coming, it has allowed me to gather a modest sum to start a business, a long pipe dream of mine. So an incredible few months, a lot of it me but external boosts were crucial if only pschologically.

A religious friend told me it was God (in that "well maybe there's something to that" way softie Anglicans do), a 'hippie' friend from Brighton told me it was "singularity" or "harmonisation" or something. I actually looked up my horoscopes at the time occassionally out of curiousity but I never noticed any correlations.

But really it was luck. Or Saturn. Or Allah. I dunno.

Yup, 's'just luck innit. Or life. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Hopefully this Friday or weekend. Much offline craziness intervenes at present

You can't leave that one hanging....come on, details, svp (not to a level of faces/places/car-chases) but did it involve marriage, murder or or other truly-major mayhem??
Crikey you must be psychic (see what I did there?)- nearly all correct. Marriage, death (not murder I hope) and subsequent major mayhem. Don't want to bore shed loads of people ad nauseam 'cos I covered it in another post when I joined. Don't open the envelope if you know whats good for you. :) Whatsit's name's cat and all that. PS If you want to read my first post telling part of the story its under The Psychics Thread Dec 5 2016

Last edited:
Don't open the envelope if you know whats good for you.
Oh no, I absolutely must open it. And do a scare & compare. I'll be as honest as possible.

Plus I must emphasise- I've no idea what it says.

If you want to read my first post telling part of the story
Many thanks, I'll do that probably tomorrow, unless I have a super-bad night's sleep tonight.

Oh no, I absolutely must open it. And do a scare & compare. I'll be as honest as possible.

Plus I must emphasise- I've no idea what it says.

Many thanks, I'll do that probably tomorrow, unless I have a super-bad night's sleep tonight.

On your head be it then:)

Back on the topic I find myself open minded on this subject. On the one hand I can't see how it could possibly work. On the other, as far as the aspect of characteristics of people born at the same time of year is concerned, I tend to agree that there is something in it. I have three friends born on 30 and 31 October. All three are totally different physically but their characters are very very similar. My mother myself and youngest son were born in May. Partner's family (but not her) were mostly born in May and I can see the same characteristics in all these people not just direct relatives. Myself, my son and my partners son all have partners born within a day or two of dates in January and I see the same there. No I'm not reading too much into it but it is quite a fascinating subject.

As far as daily horoscopes are concerned, no I fail to be convinced.

I may (accidentally) have a classic personal opportunity to test the validity of astrology.

Despite being instinctively a doubter regarding astrology (as I am about most things), I was given a personalised professional (well, costly) chart, based upon my place/date/time of birth, by a good friend. This detailed document (filled with general and specific predictions and pronouncements) was produced in London about 25yrs ago, whereupon I lost it.

However....it's recently resurfaced, at home. In it's original once-opened honest brown envelope. By which I mean it's a lot less lost that it was, I should be able to find it within an hour's searching.

So I have the tantalising opportunity....to retrospectively-compare the actuality of my quarter-century's life experiences, with the sealed, ready-cast predictions of 1992.

Will I do this? I really should. If I do, and I find it genuinely has predicted the sequential reality of my lifeline, I will be afraid/shocked and surprised.

I'm in the unlucky/lucky position of having had a number of undeniably-distinct step-changes of career and life direction. It will be interesting to see whether my "chart" even comes close to predestinating these rocks & ripples.

I can't do this match-and-compare exercise right now, due to the best and worst of offline reasons...but I will do it, soon. Objectively and honestly.

And in so doing, it will either support the proposition within the title of this thread...or not.
This is one of my undischarged obligations to the forum....I had hoped to conclude (well, commence & complete) this genuinely-interesting actuality-versus-artistry comparison, but the faeries have kept hiding the damned document over the last year.

So once we've crossed the river, to the other side... if we all make it over intact, I shall finally track-down that envelope, again, find-out how accurate (or not) my sealed 20thC astrological reading was, and post it at https://forums.forteana.org - the Forteana Message Board hosted by the Charles Fort Foundation

I am sad that there is much that I'd intended to start, and to finish, here on the traditional FTMB home forum, but have failed to so do. Hopefully that can begin to be tackled, from 1 November 2018 onwards.

This is one of my undischarged obligations to the forum....I had hoped to conclude (well, commence & complete) this genuinely-interesting actuality-versus-artistry comparison, but the faeries have kept hiding the damned document over the last year.

So once we've crossed the river, to the other side... if we all make it over intact, I shall finally track-down that envelope, again, find-out how accurate (or not) my sealed 20thC astrological reading was, and post it at https://forums.forteana.org - the Forteana Message Board hosted by the Charles Fort Foundation

I am sad that there is much that I'd intended to start, and to finish, here on the traditional FTMB home forum, but have failed to so do. Hopefully that can begin to be tackled, from 1 November 2018 onwards.
I can't actually believe it's over 12 months since you mentioned this. Some sort of time slip, Shirley? I've been holding my breath... Damn faeries.

I can't actually believe it's over 12 months since you mentioned this
My stars, from my angle (declination?) it feels as if it were a lot-longer ago than that.

Some sort of time slip, Shirley?
It shirley is, especially iffn' it seems a longer time (to me) and a shorter time (to you).

A curious thought. If we polled a statistically-relevant sample size of forum members, there would probably be one or two that'd say "it feels like exactly a year!!".

For reasons that are unclear, but seem instinctively-sensible, these 'accuperiodic predictors' should be watched, to see if they're actually replicants. Or robots. Or something...(I haven't checked the script...recently)

DISCLAIMER: I'm not into New Age astrology and newspaper horoscopes. I'm talking about the real esoteric history and implications of this ancient science that laid the foundations of astronomy.

Astrology was originally a body of ancient mathematical-archetypal systems used to investigate and document the time-space. It was never perfect, but it was the beginning of a great many useful things. Time has a direct, energetic effect on a human’s quality of life, and astrology is a measurement of time and its effects on all life. there are specified mathematical tendencies that can be found in the earth’s relationship with the sun that can be observed and quantified through chaos theory. This relationship between the sun and the earth is the Procession of the Equinoxes, and the planets are used as a place-marker to help deduce just what exactly the tilt of the earth is given the astrological cycle. Its not exactly anything to do with these planets themselves bombarding earth with special energy. "As above, so below" the priests of the Mystery Rites taught that man was a fractal of the cosmos i.e. that God was like a big man, and man like a little god. in this light, the procession of the equinoxes allegorically represents the life of one human.

The sun regulates human life and consciousness by tinkering with the body’s circadian rhythms, hormonal processes, and even nutrient absorption. As the sun and the earth’s rotation affect the physical seasons of the natural environment, so too are these effects seen in human psychology and sociology, like seasons of the mind. Beyond this, human society has many different terms for varying seasonal conditions that are experienced, whether it be the flu-season or other sicknesses, the beach-season, spring-cleaning, et cetera. The human imagination has always noted its relationship to the seasons and the scales of time. In this sense, we may consider the zodiacal signs as the seasons of the mind, created by deterministic conditions in the environment. Modern psychiatry has already begun demonstrating the implications that the seasons have on the human mind with seasonal affective disorder and vitamin D3 deficiency, this vitamin being found in sunlight, of course.

Symbolism stemming from the kabbalistic tree of life is thus applied to the mathematic calculations derived through calculating these celestial distances and trajectories. These tendencies can be interpreted as (a) physical, through a seasonal effect (either of the mind or the earth), or (b) that the sun’s position at our birth creates a template of certain energetic tendencies for our unconscious mind. Usually, both (a) and (b) go hand-in-hand as far as the astrologer is concerned.

The idea of the natal chart with/without reincarnation is theoretically tenable. But this is not the overall point of astrology. The point overall is to emphasize the psychology of physics and the relationship that physics has with time. These principles undoubtedly have psychological effects, despite the classifications of these effects varying within certain cultures.

I recommend a book written by Jungian psychotherapist Gregory Szanto called Astrotherapy: Astrology and the Realization of the Self. Cheesy title since it was written in the 80's but the book is really on-point. it explains the fact and fiction of astrology, the history, the modern science that explains it, and the archetypal psychology behind the zodiacal signs.

Here is a quote from pages 104, 105, and 106. “The Sun, the Moon, and the planets all move in their cycles which describe their separate tides and seasons, and we can see the general qualities of the times by looking at the progress of cycles through the ecliptic and in the way the planets interrelate through their synodic cycles. The Signs describe the cycles of the planets as they appear to move around the ecliptic, the Houses the planetary movement in accordance with the movement of the Earth, and the aspects the relationship of the planets to each other which are thrown up in the never ceasing patterns that are created by their motion… The Signs, then, symbolize the natural expression of the planets through their cycles. They describe the archetypal situations we experience through the various parts of the psyche… the Houses indicate the way in which the individual responds to those influences, or what the individual does about the influences that have moulded his character.”

https://www.amazon.com/Astrotherapy...8&qid=1530804386&sr=1-1&keywords=astrotherapy

Cheers

Go to any neonatal ward and you will find several babies born at the same latitude and longitude within minutes or hours of each other.

From this we can infer that any great leader, mass murderer, inventor, or victim of extreme misfortune (etc.) must have been in the same neonatal ward as other babies born at the same latitude and longitude within minutes or hours of each other. It is unlikely that they all became great leaders, or mass murderers, etc.

Perhaps the proponents of astrology would claim that the time of birth matters to the minute, or the second. If so, it would seldom be possible to do a comparison of the lives of two or more people who were born within minutes or seconds of each other at the same location. Twins may be an example, but in this case there are also genetic and other factors to consider.

Comparing predictions to events is subjective. Astrologers do not predict that "on Wednesday you will be offered a job". A general prediction of something favourable in terms of life, or status, or finances, for a general period of a day or so is about as much as they will predict. Someone who wants to believe can then fit the facts to the prediction, just as people who insist that good things (or bad things) happen in threes will always find the third one if they specify their terms broadly enough.

As far as I am aware, no one has postulated a mechanism by which the movement of Venus, and her apparent position relative to a group of stars light years away from us and from each other, would make me more likely to find love, or prosperity, or health. I know that in their contexts, science often observes a correlation long before a definite explanation is found, but in the case of astrology, we have no statistical evidence of correlation (rather than individual subjective anecdotes), and no provisional hypothesis that can be tested.

The 12 zodiac signs and their links to personality traits are a different thing. A child born in late August in the UK will be 6 months old in the coldest months of the year, and will have a different experience from a child born in December. The late August child will be one of the youngest in their school year, whereas the September child will be one of the oldest. This will affect pecking order, because in the year 1, a difference of 11 months in age is a big percentage of the children's total age. Pecking orders established in the early years at school may set habits of thought and behaviour that persist throughout life, much as there are observable tendencies in behaviour for eldest and youngest siblings, and only children.

It is therefore possible that there is some correlation between month of birth and personality type. However, this would presumably vary depending on local climate, which hemisphere the child was born in (seasons reversed north/south) and latitude (amount of daylight) and the timing of the school year. In the modern western world, increased dependence on warm homes and motor transport, and reduced exposure to the weather, would reduce the effect of climate.

Any or all of these effects would be competing with the effects of genetics, culture, parenting, and random life events, and, presumably, the horoscopes of the people you meet each day. If I'm expecting financial good fortune today, and I go out to buy a car, do I need to choose a dealership where the salesman is predicted to have financial misfortune if I want to get the best deal possible? If astrology worked, the admin. would be overwhelming.

The 12 zodiac signs and their links to personality traits are a different thing. A child born in late August in the UK will be 6 months old in the coldest months of the year, and will have a different experience from a child born in December. The late August child will be one of the youngest in their school year, whereas the September child will be one of the oldest. This will affect pecking order, because in the year 1, a difference of 11 months in age is a big percentage of the children's total age.

This effect at least is nicely illustrated in one of Gladwell's books, where he shows the effect of this school year positioning on sports team (ice-hockey iirc) membership.

Pecking orders established in the early years at school may set habits of thought and behaviour that persist throughout life, much as there are observable tendencies in behaviour for eldest and youngest siblings, and only children.

This came up in the individual difference section of the studies and although anecdotally, one thinks this is true, recent studies don't seem to be able to verify any kind of serious link between character and birth order.
There appears to be a modest effect on only children, but even that is not categorical.

Go to any neonatal ward and you will find several babies born at the same latitude and longitude within minutes or hours of each other.

From this we can infer that any great leader, mass murderer, inventor, or victim of extreme misfortune (etc.) must have been in the same neonatal ward as other babies born at the same latitude and longitude within minutes or hours of each other. It is unlikely that they all became great leaders, or mass murderers, etc.

You are missing the entire pointing of esoteric astrology with this statement. It is not nearly this simplistic in practice...

As far as I am aware, no one has postulated a mechanism by which the movement of Venus, and her apparent position relative to a group of stars light years away from us and from each other, would make me more likely to find love, or prosperity, or health. I know that in their contexts, science often observes a correlation long before a definite explanation is found, but in the case of astrology, we have no statistical evidence of correlation (rather than individual subjective anecdotes), and no provisional hypothesis that can be tested.

I already mentioned this in my prior post. Planets like Venus do NOT make you more likely to find love. It has to do with the earth's relationship to the sun, and even then I'm not trying to say that there is something that would make you find love on one day as opposed to another day.

It was a little frustrating reading your post, because it doesn't look to me like you were actually responding to anything I said in my prior post. You are discussing New Age astrology while I am studying classical Hermetic astronomy. The things you are "disproving" are things I am not even arguing for, and you clearly have a very surface-level understanding of astrology.

No disrespect! I appreciate everyone's opinion on here and we can agree to disagree. Cheers

Any or all of these effects would be competing with the effects of genetics, culture, parenting, and random life events, and, presumably, the horoscopes of the people you meet each day. If I'm expecting financial good fortune today, and I go out to buy a car, do I need to choose a dealership where the salesman is predicted to have financial misfortune if I want to get the best deal possible? If astrology worked, the admin. would be overwhelming.

With so many misnomers and over-simplifications at hand, I am surprised that you feel so confident with your decimation of astrological theory! Do you really think that the classical astrologers had not thought about all these things you have discussed? I think you are under the impression that it is a barbarous superstition rather than a philosophical interpretation of astronomy.

If I'm expecting financial good fortune today, and I go out to buy a car, do I need to choose a dealership where the salesman is predicted to have financial misfortune if I want to get the best deal possible?

On the other hand, if you had received such advice from reading your astrology, and you had the natal charts for a number of car dealership owners in your possession, are you going to tell me that you honestly wouldn't look at the info when considering who to buy from? If you think about it, you may already be doing exactly that just by shopping around for the best price. No natal chart involved.

Sure I'm skeptical and that's why I started this thread.
But fellow skeptics, check this out - It's interesting:

Astrology isn’t science, but your horoscope more real than you think

Over the past twelve months I've stopped dismissing the practice out of hand on purely materialist terms and see it now as a lens (one of many available) for concentrating the will. A panacea for the modern world if you will (one of many available). It will work for you if you want it to. Give it a try before you buy into the whole space opera. If it gets you through the night with reliable results, good luck to you. It's a modality that works for a lot of people. I won't mock it any more.

I used to sell used and rare books on ebay and Amazon - One book that I will not forget, as it was beat-up and
not in good condition was an old book on Astrology and investing in the stock market - Must have been a
classic in the field as it brought much more than one might expect for a book in that condition - I think it
was over $100. - Some people must really put a lot of faith in the Zodiac.

For today, if you are a believer, I just spotted this:

"
The 2019 Money Moves To Make For Your Zodiac Sign

"
The new year is just around the corner, and many of us are probably starting to think about the money moves we want to make in 2019.
The financial forecast for 2019 may bring us some surprising twists and turns as Uranus (the planet of radical change) moves back into financially savvy Taurus on March 7, where it will stay until April 26, 2026. With Taurus being a sign that loves stability (and money), having a planet like Uranus in it for the next seven years will push us to think very differently in terms of how we earn and manage our cash. For some of us, this may mean earning our money by non-traditional means or placing less of a value on certain forms of material wealth, like flashy, expensive things.
However, with Jupiter, the planet of abundance and good fortune, at home in Sagittarius until December 2, 2019; many of us should not only find more opportunities to make money but opportunities to see that money increase.
Of course, responsible Saturn in Capricorn (along with a few game-changing eclipses on the Cancer-Capricorn axis) will be on hand to make sure that we’re focused on our financial security and saving for a rainy day.
Take a look at your financial horoscope for 2019 to find out what your sign can expect..........."

See whole article here:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2019-money-moves-zodiac-sign-150000315.html

Well I'm not a believer in economics. Fuck that for a joke. I know what my financial state will be this year. The same as the past ten. Time to sell the farm and cash in the equity. Put it off for too long as it is. I'm half a mind to cash my chips completely and head out bush for a year to survive off the land. Got so little blood left for the leaches on my arse. Siriusly.

I used to sell used and rare books on ebay and Amazon - One book that I will not forget, as it was beat-up and
not in good condition was an old book on Astrology and investing in the stock market - Must have been a
classic in the field as it brought much more than one might expect for a book in that condition - I think it

For today, if you are a believer, I just spotted this:

"
The 2019 Money Moves To Make For Your Zodiac Sign

"
The new year is just around the corner, and many of us are probably starting to think about the money moves we want to make in 2019.
The financial forecast for 2019 may bring us some surprising twists and turns as Uranus (the planet of radical change) moves back into financially savvy Taurus on March 7, where it will stay until April 26, 2026. With Taurus being a sign that loves stability (and money), having a planet like Uranus in it for the next seven years will push us to think very differently in terms of how we earn and manage our cash. For some of us, this may mean earning our money by non-traditional means or placing less of a value on certain forms of material wealth, like flashy, expensive things.
However, with Jupiter, the planet of abundance and good fortune, at home in Sagittarius until December 2, 2019; many of us should not only find more opportunities to make money but opportunities to see that money increase.
Of course, responsible Saturn in Capricorn (along with a few game-changing eclipses on the Cancer-Capricorn axis) will be on hand to make sure that we’re focused on our financial security and saving for a rainy day.
Take a look at your financial horoscope for 2019 to find out what your sign can expect..........."

See whole article here:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2019-money-moves-zodiac-sign-150000315.html

Seems on the face of it good news for us Taureans.

The 12 zodiac signs and their links to personality traits are a different thing. A child born in late August in the UK will be 6 months old in the coldest months of the year, and will have a different experience from a child born in December. The late August child will be one of the youngest in their school year, whereas the September child will be one of the oldest. This will affect pecking order, because in the year 1, a difference of 11 months in age is a big percentage of the children's total age. Pecking orders established in the early years at school may set habits of thought and behaviour that persist throughout life, much as there are observable tendencies in behaviour for eldest and youngest siblings, and only children.

This. I've thought this for a long time. And it would be a fairly widespread effect because so many (western) countries start their school year in September.

Over the past twelve months I've stopped dismissing the practice out of hand on purely materialist terms and see it now as a lens (one of many available) for concentrating the will. A panacea for the modern world if you will (one of many available). It will work for you if you want it to. Give it a try before you buy into the whole space opera. If it gets you through the night with reliable results, good luck to you. It's a modality that works for a lot of people. I won't mock it any more.

Yeah. People come up with all these reasons for why astrology is illogical--and they fail to understand that all their "proof" that astrology doesn't exist is actually part of the proof for its existence. Astrology is not a science. Astronomy is the science, and astrology is the philosophy of that science.

This is historically irrefutable. The benefits of philosophy are also irrefutable, they are just often less measurable scientifically, otherwise they would be science to begin with... It's all really cut-and-dry. I don't get why people have such a hang-up about having an open mind.

Ha! Thanks for sharing, that's a fascinating tidbit. Doesn't surprise me, I have a friend who experimented with that a bit. Didn't dive too deep into it though.

Last edited:
I don't get why people have such a hang-up about having an open mind.
There's a good thread in that question. I suppose there are many already which touch upon the issue of credulity in the sciences and in the Fortean quests that lead people here. However, a thread on the actual mental lockdown so many experience could be enlightening.

I'm not sure of it's slightly OTT, but I did Astronomy as a Minor subject at degree level, and our lecturer (Dr Percy Seymour), whilst a proper scientist, had an interest in Astrology having read Gauquelin. His particular research area was cosmic magnetism, and he reckoned magnetic influences might have something to do with it. In fact, after a quick Google, I see he actually wrote a book called The Scientific Basis of Astrology, so he obviously carried on looking into it...

I have little enough proof for what I am about to say, but I think that in the period as tribal and shamanic beliefs were transitioning into religion with a literate clergy, because humans were moving into an agricultural society with an urban center, that astrology was seen as a way of codifying the assignment of totemic animals, long after the true meaning of the system was lost. In tribal societies, totem animal assignments are often used as a way of organizing bloodlines to avoid inbreeding and enforce incest taboos (at least this seems common in a lot of anthropology). The earliest recorded mentions of astrology are in ancient Mesopotamia, about 2000BC(E), which is during the late bronze age. People generally think of this period as being one of emergent civilizations, but the fact is, it was still very neolithic for most people, and Eurasian societies were roughly technically equivalent to those of the New World at the time of Amerigo Vespucci.

Och, I know (memory like a hen with a bad memory)!

I was remembering about that dratted hidden envelope again yesterday.....there WILL be a major tidy-up happening before Xmas (no, seriously) and The Envelope Containing The Unseen Horoscope shall be opened. Under something approximating to 'controlled conditions'. Though probably not under the spot-lit glare of the world's media...

I don't know much about this apparent blog but.......
And I'll leave a link to it at the end.

Excerpt:

Scientific Evidence Suggestive of Astrology
• "The stars incline; they do not compel." - an astrological tenet
• "Astrology represents the summation of all the psychological knowledge of antiquity." - Carl G. Jung, founder of analytical psychology
• "The controls of life are structured as forms and nuclear arrangements, in a relation with the motions of the universe." - Louis Pasteur, the pioneer of vaccination and pasteurization
• "It's common knowledge that a large percentage of Wall Street brokers use astrology." - Donald Regan, chief of staff to former President Ronald Reagan
• "There shall be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars." - Jesus Christ, Luke 21:25​
By Kevin Williams

The following are some of the scientific discoveries that have validated astrological concepts:
a.Serial killers can be identified through a person's astrological birth chart.
b.There is a correlation between a person's chosen profession and their astrological birth chart.
c.Mental illness can be predicted by astrology.
d.Fetuses might be affected by the movement of the sun, moon, and planets as they interfere with the Earth's magnetic field which may have an influence on the fetuses occupation later in life.
e.Women can use the lunar cycle for purposes of contraception.
f.Many terrestrial phenomena are influenced by electromagnetic and gravitational effects originating within the solar system
g.Sun spot activity affects the molecular structure of WATER.
h.Sun spot activity affects the molecular structure of BLOOD.
i.Potatoes, rats, fiddler crabs, and oysters are all governed by lunar periods.
j.A theoretical model using principles of mathematics and physics may account for human consciousness and process as it relates to the zodiac.
k.The concept of karma was demonstrated to be a reality in a study which confirmed that acting selflessly has rewards.
Source link:
https://www.near-death.com/paranormal/astrology/scientific-evidence-suggestive-of-astrology.html

Common sense and observation may show relationships within the world that
mainstream science misses - So who knows maybe at least 'some' of astrology
'some of the time' may have validity???

Again, is there any evidence whatsoever to back up these soothsayers?
Has any scientific studies, like in the Rhine experiments for telepathy, give credence to Astrology?

Since science is hostile to astrology, then perhaps the scientific method is not the place to look for "evidence" of astrology. Also, since science does not, by its own admission, have much of a clue about how the mind works, then this too would be a potentially major stumbling block in any scientific attempts to validate astrology.

I personally think there is much more to the mind than science allows for. In fact, science treats the mind as if it is no better than a computer. Given that the mind is considerably more sophisticated than computers - "They're just can-openers, for God's sake!" (police chief about robots/computers in film I, Robot) - then that too is another reason why science will never be able to provide answers to that question.

"Astrology represents the summation of all the psychological knowledge of antiquity." - Carl G. Jung, founder of analytical psychology .

Bit of a damning indictment pf the ancient scientists.

"Astrology represents the summation of all the psychological knowledge of antiquity." - Carl G. Jung, founder of analytical psychology. Bit of a damning indictment pf the ancient scientists.
That's a great comment, but I can see some benefits in having a bit of starry placebo effect to back up one's psychological advice, especially if it was culturally accepted and mainstream.

But the facts still remain:

“In the ancient and medieval world, the exploration of physical influences among heavenly bodies, and between the heavenly bodies and objects on earth, was generally called ‘astrology.’ But we must not confuse this with the current socially acceptable form of bigotry that seems to entitle the human beings who believe in it to prejudge the character of others based solely on their dates of birth.”
― Robert P. Crease, The Great Equations: Breakthroughs in Science from Pythagoras to Heisenberg

Back