• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Hope it's more fun than the recent movie remake (apart from the last five seconds).

Yeah! He'd use a shotgun to do the washing up! :D

Always enjoyed seeing him crop up as the King of Thieves on Hercules/Zena. Hopefully this will be the stuff dreams are made of.

Anyone read his autobiography? Very funny and he loved his time in NZ doing Hercules and Zena

I've read If Chins Could Kill, though I believe he's written more. Thoroughly entertaining book, he comes across as a top bloke.

A remake of Evil Dead, shot in NZ, starring Bruce Campbell and now with added Lucy Lawless.

I think my geek meter just exploded.

I cannot WAIT for this.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/lucy-lawless-cast-ash-vs-evil-dead-starz-series-1201389140/

I mod over at http://www.deadites.net/forums/ under the name Swofty, the Evil Dead's oldest internet website ... please register/Join USsss

I know a production secret about this show but I'm unfortunately sworn to secrecy .. it involves one of my mates ;)

Oooooh this will be brilliant!
You could film Bruce Campbell doing washing up and it'd still end up entertaining.
I'd pay to watch Lucy Lawless washing up. Get them both washing up and you've a gold mine on your hands :).

There are a great many things I would pay to watch Lucy Lawless doing, I have to say washing up hadn't occurred to me before now.

Bruce Campbell is one of those actors that is comfortable being the sort of actor he is and always brings something incredibly watchable to whatever role he is in.

LOL ..:D

.. and I can talk for days about all things Evil Dead .. feel free to test me mofo's ..

Last edited:
What happened to the Evil Dead IV Sam Raimi and his brother started writing last summer? Did this become the TV series?

What happened to the Evil Dead IV Sam Raimi and his brother started writing last summer? Did this become the TV series?

Sam and Ivan didn't start writing part 4 last summer although they did write part 3 a couple and a bit decades ago which became Army of Darkness (Campbell and Raimi love inventing bullshit rumours, hardcore fans are used to this due to there love of the The Three Stooges... if you check the credits for the first film, people who substituted for missing main actors were called Shemps, one of the characters from The Three Stooges ;)) ... the TV series will be shot in New Zealand and is a sort of continuation but in a TV format ... the good news this time is that, at least for episode 1, Sam Raimi is back in the saddle directing Bruce playing an older Ash ... Ash is world weary and not approachable .. we have a "tearaway" girl that will attempt to mentor him back to reality, we have an illegal but loyal immigrant called Pablo that Ash is going to give some shit to .. we have Lucy Lawless (one of the two ladies are apparently going to try and prove that Ash was a murderer to explain away the first two film's victims) ......

.. and I was an unashamed fan of the remake but, no .... it wasn't a patch on the original ..

Last edited:
There were rumours at one point of an Evil Dead/Phantasm crossover. A friend of mine once told me that Raimi had planned shooting an alternate ending to Army of Darkness in which Ash emerges from his cave only to be confronted by a swarm of silver spheres. I can't find anything online about that, so probably just fanboy fantasy. (Apparently there is a new Phantasm film in the pipeline, but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet.)

The new Phantasm film is in the can, but as a low budget independent film, it is taking a while to finish. But it will be finished, I'm pretty sure!

The new Phantasm film is in the can, but as a low budget independent film, it is taking a while to finish. But it will be finished, I'm pretty sure!

Don Coscar ... whatshis face ... the original director of Phantasm went on to direct Bubba Ho-Tepp, the Bruce Campbell starring B-movie .... but anyway, instead, ... The Creeping Cruds ..

Lucy Lawless talks about the new Evil Dead TV series and her work on Salem ..

Ash will be working in a pharmacy in another country at the start of the series ... unless Lucy made that up .... the Michigan Mafia have a history of leaking fake info, even in magazine interviews in the 80's .. and she's still a newer-ish member of the family ..

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/se...less-salem-interview/55240e8202a760989100009a

Last edited:
Lucy Lawless talks about the new Evil Dead TV series and her work on Salem ..

Ash will be working in a pharmacy in another country at the start of the series ... unless Lucy made that up .... the Michigan Mafia have a history of leaking fake info, even in magazine interviews in the 80's .. and she's still a newer-ish member of the family ..

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/se...less-salem-interview/55240e8202a760989100009a

Well, she's not all that new, surely? If I remember rightly, Xena Warrior Princess kicked off in the late 90's (following on from Hercules), and both Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were regularly involved in the series. So Lucy Lawless has a good couple of decades of involvement with the Evil Dead crew.

Well, she's not all that new, surely? If I remember rightly, Xena Warrior Princess kicked off in the late 90's (following on from Hercules), and both Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were regularly involved in the series. So Lucy Lawless has a good couple of decades of involvement with the Evil Dead crew.

With the crew? yes, about 20 years of involvement, but this will be her first outing as an Evil Dead cast member. She's also married to Rob Tapert who co produced the Evil Dead films ...

To clarify why I called Lucy the new girl, the original crew have been together making 8mm films since '72 - '74 comprising mainly (although not exclusively) of Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell, Josh Becker, Scott Spiegal and Tom Sullivan ... they were fans of The Three Stooges so most of their early films were slapstick and corny puns. If you watch The Evil Dead films, many of the 'gags' and sound effects in them were direct references to the Stooge's material ..

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/super_8_origins_main.html

The only available online version of Within The Woods, the short film the crew made to convince independent financers to invest in The Evil Dead ... the quality's terrible but .. this will never be legally released because of music copyright issues ..

Last edited:
Bruce at the end of his first week's filming of Ash V Evil Dead :cool:

bruceteaser.jpg

Is that location part of the film? Or is Bruce just loitering about where they keep props?

Is that location part of the film? Or is Bruce just loitering about where they keep props?

We don't know yet ... this is the only info we've been given by The Chin himself:

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/591743848096735232/photo/1

... and this nice promo pic for Starz with Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi leaning on the old Delta 88:

Bruce car.jpg

*****************SPOILER WARNING***************

.... and check out the new tow bar on the back of the car! ... because Ash will be living in a caravan in between working his shifts as a ware house worker at a medical supply store.

Have a bit of The Adorkables : The Evil Dead :)

Last edited:
I've read If Chins Could Kill, though I believe he's written more. Thoroughly entertaining book, he comes across as a top bloke.

He also wrote Make Love The Bruce Campbell Way .. it's one of the few of his books/ write ups I don't own and have never read.

brucebook2.png

OH! ... and ..

Last edited:
Back