• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Cheers, sounds a pretty amazing set!
Just taken some pics of it for you .. it's wicked mate!

botddvd1.jpg

botddvd2.jpg

botddvd3.jpg

botddvd4.jpg

botddvd5.jpg
botddvd6.jpg

I love what he's done with the menu (last pic).
That's an actual photograph of one of his sets with real props believe it or not, one of the sets he built to photograph his replica chainsaws against .. an even better thing about that last menu page pictured is that as it fades in, so does the sound which is a sound recording of the whirring of the exact same model projector seen in The Evil Dead (he also owns one of those) and the screen flickers as if something's being projected off screen while the Jazz tune whirs into life. The first menu doesn't flicker and has the same howling wind loop that Raimi used in The Evil Dead .. there's a whole other story about that wind sound ..

(Did you spot the yellow pencil on the second menu screen on the table, a nod to Linda being stabbed in the ankle with one by Cheryl ? :cool:)

Last edited:
Yeah, great menus.

Do fans think this version is better then the Blu-Ray?
I don't know sorry, you can always send him an email to ask him people's opinions, he's very honest so if he thinks not, he'll say so .. I last spoke to him a few days ago to discuss a couple of ED2 VHS's from Iran .. his contact details are on his Book Of The Dead site .. his site's like Disneyland .. you'd need at least a month to see everything on it including some of my stuff ..

http://www.bookofthedead.ws

Last edited:
Got to episode 6 of AvED s2, and guess who was back? No spoilers, but what a good sport - I laughed at "Not again!"

Reached the end of Ash vs Evil Dead s2, and for a show that's basically rammed with slapstick violence every episode, it's really entertaining and constantly surprised me how they could come up with so many variations on their basic theme. Bruce remains a legend, and if there's no s3 then at least it has a happy ending (with the way left open for more).

Swifty, heard of this?

ROB KEMP: THE ELVIS DEAD

NOMINEE: BEST NEWCOMER 2017
Lastminute.com Edinburgh Comedy Award

The multi award winning and critically acclaimed show comes to Soho Theatre. A tribute concert to the sequel to the ultimate in gruelling terror… and the King of Rock‘n’Roll.

Rev up the Delta and come on a trip to a cabin in the Tennessee backwoods via Graceland, to witness: Cult classic horror movie Evil Dead 2 reinterpreted through the songs of Elvis.

Age Recommendation: 18+
Running Time: Approx 60mins

320x320.fitandcrop.jpg

http://sohotheatre.com/whats-on/rob-kemp-the-elvis-dead/

Great news! I'd have been happy if they'd ended it after season 2, it seemed fairly well wrapped up, but must admit I'm glad there will be more. It was Dana Di Lorenzo's birthday on New Year's Day, though it seems she and the team have gotten us all a present.

Medieval Dead - The Making Of Army Of Darkness ... I've got this documentary somewhere but it's nice to see it's free to watch now. Although Army is my least favourite of the original trilogy, it still knock the socks of a lot of fantasy horror these days and represents the last swansong of old school optical F/X done well IMO ..

To be honest, I haven't enjoyed watching the character of Ash played as a massive bell end in the new TV series but considering everything he's been through in the previous films, it sort of makes sense. He was already a bit of a twat by the time of the Army Of Darkness story ..

To be honest, I haven't enjoyed watching the character of Ash played as a massive bell end in the new TV series but considering everything he's been through in the previous films, it sort of makes sense. He was already a bit of a twat by the time of the Army Of Darkness story ..

Wasn't the point of TED to put Ash through as much slapstick punishment as possible for the delight of Raimi and his cohorts? It wouldn't be as much fun with Ash feeling sorry for himself or worse, all noble.

I think the point was to sort of overaxeaggerate how he acted in Army of Darkness, which is the film that has the most popularity.
With the justification that he's been stuck in the same rut after the events of the previous official films. All he has left is dickery after it.

I think the point was to sort of overaxeaggerate how he acted in Army of Darkness, which is the film that has the most popularity.
With the justification that he's been stuck in the same rut after the events of the previous official films. All he has left is dickery after it.
... and a daughter he never knew he had according to this season 3 trailer that went up a few hours ago ..

Last edited:
Last edited:
Watch an IGN editor get turned into an Evil Dead deadite ..

Gotta say...he does have a chin of note.

Gotta say...he does have a chin of note.
I bought a KNB face cast of Bruce a while back, not for any serial killer fanboy weirdo reasons but so that I can one day re sculpt the Evil Dead 2 possessed Ash make up over it to get a latex pull from it. His first autobiography was called 'If Chins could kill' .. the scar on his chin was caused by his big brother Don Campbell when they were kids.

Tons more SPOILER footage from Ash V Evil Dead season 3

Ash just where he belongs: creeping around an old wooden building ready to fight evil (from season 3)

ashvsevildeadseason3.jpg

I missed out on a drawing for pen blanks made from the cabin by an hour. Damn
Bad luck Shadowsot, I had the chance to buy some inexpensive swathes of cloth used by and from the company for the remake, they weren't advertising them for sale, I'm just nerd enough to have tracked those down. I own some small bits of the original real cabin .. no wood though, the cabin was burned down not long after shooting wrapped ... a chimney brick, a small bit of the roof and some soil from the hole that was the fake cellar hole .. and some tree seeds from the cabin location that might still germinate although I've had those for nearly 20 years so probably not .. I didn't pay for any of the stuff and already knew the people who fetched them so I've got photo proof and other provenance somewhere that they're the real deal and not just some crap out of someone's back garden :chain:

Back