• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Evil entity in the office?

icarusgirl

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've decided to post on here as someone who is open-minded about the paranormal, yet probably a little cynical about most aspects. Indeed, I'd say I'm cynical about the very event I'm about to relay, but I think it might be appreciated by those who read this thread and I would be interested to hear any opinions or experiences relating to it.

Anyway, where I work is based in a number of small offices around Mid-Derbyshire in the UK. I'm usually based in a small town called Ripley but do occasionally go to work in another small town, Belper (apologies to those who already know these places and that it seems like I'm stating the obvious!). Anyway I have a colleague in Belper who seems to be very sensitive to things of a supernatural nature (indeed she may even read this website- I hope not as she might not like me telling her story!). She practises Reiki and claims to be able to sense spirits.

Anyway, this colleague one day decided she just did not want to work in the Belper office anymore and last week relocated to my usual office in Ripley. My other collegues at Belper were baffled as she seemed very distressed just before she left and said that "nothing would make her stay in that place". This is unusual because she's been there a long time and always seemed happy there. My collegues in Belper said that there was a very big reason why she wanted to relocate so badly but she simply would not tell them. She didn't even tell our boss why she wanted to move.

Anyway, after some gentle probing I found out why she won't tell anyone why she won't work in Belper anymore - she doesn't want to scare those who still work there.

This is what she told me. She was alone in the office one day (we don't have many staff so it's quite often someone will end up working alone in one of our offices) and she decided to cleanse the room's energy. I'm not actually sure what this means, I assume it's a Reiki thing, but from what she told me I gather it involved her going around the room's perimeter, doing something like chanting to "clean" the energy.

She said she got to a corner of a room, when suddenly the entity of a tiny skull came out of the wall and snarled at her. She did an impression of this and it make me jump and my blood ran cold, so much so that she apologised for scaring me. She said the skull was very small and didn't look human, mostly because it had little jagged teeth. She could tell it wanted her to go away. She then apparently did some sort of spell or chant to make it leave her alone and it disappeared.

She now refuses to go anywhere near that corner of the room and thinks its a male demon in the office. She says she has felt something "negative" there for a while now but since she actually saw the entity the feeling of negativity has gotten worse and worse and it's having a bad impression on the people that work there.

Indeed, it is actually true that almost every person that has been based in that office has had bad things happen in their personal life, including abusive relationships, car accidents and alcoholism.

And this brings me to to the end of my collegue's tale. Has anyone out there ever heard of an entity like this? Or is my collegue mad? Sorry if this was a bit rambly... have been a reader for many years, but never really posted anything.

I like that story and I do believe that it might well have happened to your colleague. However it was her who tried to cleanse the room and it was her that got snarled at, in my book it is a personal thing. It doesn't mean that anyone else in that office will ever be bothered by the little skull [ahh bless]. It sounds like an animal skull to me, maybe a dog? Maybe a dog that absolutely hates your colleague?
Maybe it likes it there and was happy until she tried to make it go away?
Some ghosts only appear or haunt those they don't like [it happened in my own family..somewhere on this board is the account but details aren't important]. I think if it is a spirit animal that haunts the office people should be nice to it and maybe even embrace its presence? Why shouldn't it have more rights to be there than anyone else?
If I worked there and knew about it I would have personally been very angry with your colleague to do the cleansing behind everyones back as I would have been against it.

I enjoyed the story and it sounds a genuine enough account of what took place. It does make me think about the ways in which people communicate.

A bad male entity in an office is not an unusual thing. Nor is the wish to make a move without making a specific complaint. TBH an office plagued by abusive relationships and alcoholism is not a happy place to stay and maybe the little skull was telling her - or you - just that.

Her devotion to the Reiki thing creates the framework for a dramatic presentation of some basic feelings and needs.

It all seems horribly reductive at a distance but that skull was not telling her anything she didn't want to hear: "it wanted her to go away." I hope the business could relocate her to everyone's benefit. :)

JamesWhitehead said:
Her devotion to the Reiki thing creates the framework for a dramatic presentation of some basic feelings and needs.

It all seems horribly reductive at a distance but that skull was not telling her anything she didn't want to hear: "it wanted her to go away." I hope the business could relocate her to everyone's benefit. :)

I agree with this verdict., I'm afraid. The evil 'presence' was something real, but produced by everyday folk.

If she wasn't already uncomfortable, why the need to 'cleanse' the place?

It sounds like your company is going to be restructuring and all the little offices around the area are going to become one little office somewhere else!

Especially if members of staff left on their own have nothing better to do than "cleanse the energy" of the office. That sounds like "a passenger" to me, carried by the rest of the staff, someone who is surplus to requirements in today's financial climate, and who will be telling all and sundry very shortly that she has been "forced" to leave by the presence of office demons.

Ummmm...It's not just passengers who, left alone in the office, have nothing better to do than stuff like "cleansing." A lot of office jobs are constructed on the premise that they'll be held by inefficient people, and people who are even moderately good at time budgeting and who go looking for new jobs to do often find themselves driven to separating their paper clips by size, creating boilerplate for every possible document, tweaking their word processors with macros that are as good as boilerplate, creating perfect "on hold" playlists based on the premise of the around-the-world tour (too many songs about New York, not nearly enough about Africa), writing grammar and procedural guides for future trainees or temps, organizing all the office parties, updating all the databases with every bit of available data as far back as records exist, and keeping the supply closet in perfect order.

If you're the kind of person whose conscience won't let you do non-work-related things like writing novels and cruising newsgroups, I can see where "cleansing the office" on an afternoon when you cannot move forward unless somebody, somewhere, answers one of the sixteen e-mails you sent out last week and all that busywork is already done, and you're the only person in the office, begins to seem like a reasonable behavior.

Personally, I wrote novels, the faster to get out of the black hole of office work. If you want to have a career in admin, though, being that bored on a regular basis is a clear signal to send out the old resume. If you can't get a promotion (and the most efficient person in the office is often the least likely person to get promoted), you've got to find a more challenging job elsewhere before you run mad and start summoning demons.

Oh how I hate offices!

Was the animal already there for a reason, as a type of guardian? and sees what she was doing as a of threat?
Plus who asked her to clense the place? Sounds like she could have caused even more problems. Never mind, done that, now move on to a new office, someone elses problem. :roll:

I saw the heading and thought, "Nah, she's just moved on to Bangor!" :D :D :D :D :D

bugmum said:
I saw the heading and thought, "Nah, she's just moved on to Bangor!" :D :D :D :D :D

I saw the heading and thought, "So, this is news?"

Every office must have an evil entity, just as every Anglican church have have a lady in a massive hat in the front pew.

;)

ElishevaBarsabe said:
Every office must have an evil entity

Yep, it's usually called 'the boss'. :)

Mythopoeika said:
ElishevaBarsabe said:
Every office must have an evil entity

Yep, it's usually called 'the boss'. :)

only the other day, my colleagues and I were having a ovely day in the office, doing our work, listening to the radio, making tea and generally having a bit of a laugh, when, at around 11am an evil entity became present. A noticable chill befell the room, and the atmosphere dropped like death. It proceeded to turn on a computer in the corner of the room and made a few phone calls before a hollow voice rasped "turn that s**t off will you, it's doing my head in"

The atmosphere in the office was almost unbearable until, at about 3.30, the evil entity decided that it had done enough damage for the day and left as abruptly as it arrived.... A bit of research uncovered the horrific truth.... I shudder when i tell you that it was the managing director... "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

This employee has since been disinterred to the post room. MD.

Back