• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Different Types of Aliens / Extraterrestrials Encountered On Earth

Old Time Radio might be interested on the 6th picture down on the picture page of becky andreasson's site - it looks very much like the hopskinville goblins

The aliens encountered by Charles Moody in 1975 seem to be well on their way to becoming greys. Annoyingly, I can't find any pictures of them online.

Just thought post this YouTube video by a chap called Preston Dennent who has done a number of videos which I like but also if people want to contribute to this topice with videos, stories, drawings of the different types of ET's that people have meant to see then please do with Love.

Many, many years ago in my alien experience, I have never been able to match their appearance to anything.

These humanoids were more like children with rectangular eyes.

They were not particularly scary and walked with oversized Mickey Mouse shoes.

Their bodies were strange, and looked very thin and pasty like death.

This has been a real puzzle for me.

Perhaps the huge variety of entities seen reflects the huge diversity in the human psyche. Is this a single phenomenon experienced in many different ways or many different phenomena all experienced through similar, but not identical, cultural filters? (Or as Keel or Vallee might say, is it a single phenomenon 'choosing' to present itself in many different ways?)

Time to post this again, I think.
alien_timeline.jpg

Attachments

• alien_timeline.jpg
    alien_timeline.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
Time to post this again, I think.
alien_timeline.jpg

Thanks, fascinating.

Interesting the 1977 robots appear the year C3PO and R2D2 entered our collective conciseness. Then you have the 'greys' coming into prominence with the 'Communion' book (1987) and then the advent of the internet.

Thanks, fascinating.

Interesting the 1977 robots appear the year C3PO and R2D2 entered our collective conciseness. Then you have the 'greys' coming into prominence with the 'Communion' book (1987) and then the advent of the internet.

The increasing standardisation over time is one very noticeable aspect here - a mass media effect I suppose.

There one or two strange outliers, like Pascagoula for example - though even then it's been noted that there was a (50s?) South American case with similarly nightmarish entities which had found its way into a mass market UFO paperback, which one or both witnesses could have read.

It's interesting that a large proportion of these alien species seem to choose the same couturier. Where does the assumption come from that all the best dressed space travellers prefer to wear closefitting overalls, often with a utility belt of some sort? Is it from an early comic strip?

Last edited:
It's interesting that a large proportion of these alien species seem to choose the same couturier. Where does the assumption come from that all the best dressespace travellers prefer to wear closefitting overalls, often with a utility belt of some sort? Is it from an early comic strip?
The aliens came to admire The Mekon and sought to emulate his clothing style.

I sight I visit is called Alien Expanse and the thread is called UFOnauts and some of the pictures are fantastic be it real or not but hey who knows and I few human types....Whats it all about Aflie.

From the chart it seems to be a crowded universe.

My alien abductors look like the Betty and Barney slot only with rectangular eyes.

The increasing standardisation over time is one very noticeable aspect here - a mass media effect I suppose.

There one or two strange outliers, like Pascagoula for example - though even then it's been noted that there was a (50s?) South American case with similarly nightmarish entities which had found its way into a mass market UFO paperback, which one or both witnesses could have read.

It's interesting that a large proportion of these alien species seem to choose the same couturier. Where does the assumption come from that all the best dressed space travellers prefer to wear closefitting overalls, often with a utility belt of some sort? Is it from an early comic strip?
If you look at the 'little people' lore of times past then you will find belts feature prominently (elves, faeries, pixies etc.). You can draw a direct parallel with the 'little people' touching their belt buckles to make amazing things happen and these Ufonauts doing likewise. Adds weight to the theory that there is an intelligent 'other' interacting with, yet disguising itself from, humans over the centuries/millennia.

Dude !

This is a crowded universe.

I have not seen the movie, but it is like Spider Man No Way Home with everyone and the “ kitchen sink “ is thrown in the movie.

Dewilde had another sighting a month or so later where one of the occupants (this time evidently with arms) picked up one of his chickens and walked off with it. I think he got a bit of a tour of the ship too, shades of Burtoo / Simonton etc.

Interesting that apart from the insectoid they are robotic, legless or bipedal. Why should aliens be bipedal? This assumes a four limbed structure with bipedalism freeing two limbs for tool building etc. Six limbs or eight tentacles or other combinations are just as likely surely?

And what's the 1957 one? I always wondered how Daleks "did it.":thought:

If nonhuman intelligences possessing superior technologies indeed have a presence on Earth, then I think we should bear in mind that our encounters with them may tell us little or nothing about how they actually look. It is reasonable to suppose that they would use remotely controlled drones of the right size and shape to fit into human architecture and to interact with humans and human artifacts.

On the other hand, if tourism between inhabited worlds exists to any extent, then there may be a degree of conscious selection going on. If you happen to be a bipedal, visually oriented humanoid, then would you visit a planet of intelligent, blind, subterranean tube worms where there's nothing to see and you can't fit into their architecture; or would you go to planets like earth?

I believe in “ panspermia “ and all living things in the universe that is not a robot are related and look similar.

Travis Walton recently on a Discovery Plus UFO program said sorry his abductors were a form of us, no tentacles, no claws, and no insects.

We are all related !

If you happen to be a bipedal, visually oriented humanoid, then would you visit a planet of intelligent, blind, subterranean tube worms where there's nothing to see and you can't fit into their architecture; or would you go to planets like earth?
Human explorers and scientists do go to places with blind tube worms and such, so I dont see why aliens wouldn't go somewhere where the locals were different from themselves.

Human explorers and scientists do go to places with blind tube worms and such, so I dont see why aliens wouldn't go somewhere where the locals were different from themselves.

Of course, but then they would use drones that could fit into the local architecture and interact with their communication infrastructure. On a planet of blind tube worms, most drones would end up looking a lot like blind tube worms themselves.

With respect to tourists, it's a question of inclination and predisposition rather than absolute exclusion. While wading through the muck on the surface of a tube-worm planet might draw certain types of adventure tourists; the sorts of people who (on Earth) complain about trivial differences in plumbing would be far less interested.

Is tourism as such something that other species would indulge in?

If other intelligences go in for tourism then preferred destinations may be for destinations with similar life forms . However swimming with dolphins is popular as is whale watching. A theoretical land based medium sized octopus for example would have no trouble negotiating our doorways, buildings etc.

If they are trying to look like us then some of them aren’t doing a very good job, they are still different enough to attract attention. In fact the earlier contacts (Adamski era) would attract less attention than greys.

Would tourists be kidnapping and probing the natives at their destination? Tourists here are not allowed to collect seed from wild plants or take pebbles from the beach; sticking probes up people’s bums is right out. :)

It maybe that space faring races are all based on a four limbed bipedal pattern but that in itself would be interesting. Look at the forms life could have taken on earth – “Wonderful Life” by Stephen J Gould is now a bit dated but gives some idea of evolutionary possibilities.

Alas it is all speculation, if alien intelligences are visiting Earth we have no idea of their motivation. I tend to agree with JBS Haldane who was supposedly the first to say it in 1927. The universe is not only stranger than you imagine but stranger than you can imagine.

Back