• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Excessive Plastic Surgery: Real, Fake & Urban Legends

That is terrifying :oops:

I agree. I was in a hotel carpark two nights ago and saw a woman who very obviously had buttock implants. I was with one of my sons and we both couldn't believe what we were seeing, so large & unnatural they were.
When checking into the hotel, she was right ahead of us, doing the same. Upon closer inspection I was gobsmacked at what I was seeing before me, that was until she turned around and I saw her artificially enhanced lips, some of the largest I've ever seen.
She was only a young woman, my guess would be 30 and I wondered to myself why one would do that to themselves, but more so, where and why is this 'look' considered attractive?

I think Lord Lucan has hit the nail on the head. I have nothing against someone deliberately modifying their body to look like whatever they want. Tattoos, piercings, horns, whatever - as long as they have considered the permanence and potential risks of the process, and as long as the process itself is not ridiculously dangerous. But it seems like there are a number of people who think that gross exaggeration of standards of attractiveness are super-attractive: if a famous woman's big lips, breasts, cheekbones, butt, etc. are considered attractive, I'll be 5 times as attractive if mine are 5 times bigger; if that guy's square jaw or cleft chin is handsome, I'll make mine twice as wide and deeper than anyone's. I think something like anorexia is at work here, and they honestly can't see themselves objectively.

I think Lord Lucan has hit the nail on the head. I have nothing against someone deliberately modifying their body to look like whatever they want. Tattoos, piercings, horns, whatever - as long as they have considered the permanence and potential risks of the process, and as long as the process itself is not ridiculously dangerous. But it seems like there are a number of people who think that gross exaggeration of standards of attractiveness are super-attractive: if a famous woman's big lips, breasts, cheekbones, butt, etc. are considered attractive, I'll be 5 times as attractive if mine are 5 times bigger; if that guy's square jaw or cleft chin is handsome, I'll make mine twice as wide and deeper than anyone's. I think something like anorexia is at work here, and they honestly can't see themselves objectively.
Body Dismorphic Disorder

Body dysmorphic disorder, or body dysmorphia, is a mental health condition where you spend a lot of time worrying about your appearance.
You may have body dysmorphic disorder if you worry a lot about how a specific part of your body looks and it affects your daily life.

Treatments for body dysmorphic disorder include talking therapies and antidepressants.

The exact cause of body dysmorphic disorder is unclear. It's been linked to genes, chemical changes in the brain and traumatic past experiences.

Yes, I was thinking body dysmorphic disorder, but I didn't want to pin it down that specifically. I get the impression that a lot of people who get excessive plastic surgery actually escape depression because they think they are improving themselves; they don't get further surgeries because they still think there is something wrong, they just want to get closer to some perverted sense of perfection.

I think some girls who are naturally beautiful at twenty are so utterly terrified of ageing that they start having work done before they hit thirty, to try to stave off the effects of getting older. Then, as they do age, the treatments they go for get more and more extreme. A fair few of them base their entire worth around their physical attractiveness.

I am now beginning to feel the benefit of never having been attractive. Having no looks to lose means that I do not fear getting older, only loss of mobility.

I think some girls who are naturally beautiful at twenty are so utterly terrified of ageing that they start having work done before they hit thirty, to try to stave off the effects of getting older. Then, as they do age, the treatments they go for get more and more extreme. A fair few of them base their entire worth around their physical attractiveness.

I am now beginning to feel the benefit of never having been attractive. Having no looks to lose means that I do not fear getting older, only loss of mobility.
What you describe is a slightly more benign version of what I was talking about. In most cases it just manifests as a desire to maintain a look as long as possible; unfortunately it can devolve into excess, resulting in a constant need for readjustment of the surgery. Some older celebs (no names, please) have fallen into this trap, when they would probably still be lovely if they hadn't started down that road.

As for your comments about yourself, I'm sure you're sick of people saying you ARE attractive, so I'll just say I find many people who are not classically beautiful attractive nonetheless, and often find those meeting the classical standards to be quite plain - or even a turn-off.

... Body dysmorphic disorder, or body dysmorphia, is a mental health condition where you spend a lot of time worrying about your appearance. ...

True, but ... Strictly speaking, a BDD diagnosis is usually based on the person's belief that a single or particular physical feature (which may be non-existent) is the source of social stigma or some other form of stress. For example, BDD covers cases in which the person feels humiliated by having a tail or wings (which, of course, no one else can see).

In other words, BDD involves a fear or stress from being treated as ugly (if only in their own imaginations). Some of the excessive cosmetic surgery addicts claim to be motivated by a desire to physically emulate certain standards of ascribed beauty (even to ridiculous extremes). Both can motivate unnecessary cosmetic surgery, but that doesn't mean they're the same thing.

We have an old thread on the subject:

Perceived Body Dysmorphia / Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ysmorphia-body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd.11154/

But it seems like there are a number of people who think that gross exaggeration of standards of attractiveness are super-attractive: if a famous woman's big lips, breasts, cheekbones, butt, etc. are considered attractive, I'll be 5 times as attractive if mine are 5 times bigger;
They get more clicks the bigger they go. Have you ever watched a TV programme called Botched? It is about two plastic surgeons who try to repair damage done by accidents or other plastic surgeons. They seem to have a plastic surgery addict in each episode and they ALWAYS want their breasts even bigger. All of them say that they get more clicks and likes the bigger they get. The surgeons always turn them away. It is a surprisingly interesting programme although I can't watch the actual surgery. Some of the repairs they do on people are amazing.
Yes it worries me about what they are going to look like in 20 years time when their skin has spent all that time being stretched by fillers AND begins to soften naturally. It's awful really.

This appears to be real and not a filter.

High cheekbones are attractive, right?

I see she's gone for the natural look...
giphy-13.gif

I can kind of, almost understand the 'boob enlargement' thing - there's a certain subset of people who find enormous boobs a turn on. But whoever, in the world, has got sexually turned on by the sight of lips like a landed carp or cheekbones that stick out wider than the rest of the face?

I wonder if it's a uniqueness thing, knowing you are the only one (or just about) who looks so extreme, therefore you're special somehow? Though it does look like a parody of what's considered attractive. Guess we'll only know if they're interviewed in depth.

There's a woman at work with a face that reminds me of one of the Muppets.
I could imagine some of it might be some bad surgery, followed by more bad surgery in an attempt to correct it.

I could imagine some of it might be some bad surgery, followed by more bad surgery in an attempt to correct it.
You know Miss Piggy?

Which muppet? - just so we can form a picture..

I was thinking of the muppet Janice.

Is it OK to mention the transracial cosmetic surgeries, or is that too "Culture Wars"? If it is, forget I brought it up. But it is pretty weird.

I caught some of the new Countdown with Anne Robinson earlier. It seems she’s had so much cosmetic surgery now she’s barely able to speak.

This is it. People who have had a lot of work done don't see what we see.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5986110/

"Body dysmorphic disorder as a contraindication to cosmetic procedures

Historically, the literature has cited BDD as a clear contraindication to cosmetic surgeries and procedures (Lee et al., 2017). Bouman et al. (2017) conducted an online survey of 173 members of Dutch professional associations for aesthetic plastic surgery, dermatology, and cosmetic medicine and reported that approximately two-thirds of dermatologic surgeons considered BDD a contraindication for cosmetic procedures. These physicians argued that BDD is essentially a body image problem; thus, cosmetic procedures will yield little to no improvement (Bouman et al., 2017).

Instead, the psychological disorder should be treated first because surgical treatment without prior psychological treatment can result in dangerous or even deadly consequences for the surgeon (Alavi et al., 2011, Anderson, 2003, Sweis et al., 2017). Dissatisfied patients may attempt retaliation against the surgeon whom they believe has worsened their defect (Sweis et al., 2017). This may take the form of lawsuits, physical assaults, or in some cases murder (Sweis et al., 2017). One study reported that 2% of plastic surgeons have been physically threatened by a patient with BDD, and 10% have received threats of violence and legal action (Sweis et al., 2017, Wang et al., 2016). In another study, 40% of plastic surgeons reported that they have been threatened by a patient with BDD (Ziglinas et al., 2014). Since 1991, three plastic surgeons have been murdered by patients with BDD who were unhappy with their surgical results (Sweis et al., 2017)."

This young lady has invested tens of thousands of dollars in modifying her body so she can generate income online. She stands proud of her current body - which is a good thing, because she can't sit down.
'I spent £14k on my new big bum now I can't sit down – but I have no regrets'

Kazumi Squirts, who currently lives in Miami, US, earns a living showing off her figure online. ...

A model who splashed $36,000 (£26,000) on achieving the "perfect body" now earns a fortune from flaunting her figure.

Kazumi Squirts, not her real name, has spent a lot of money on her look but it's certainly paid off thanks to her Instagram.

The 24-year-old, who lives in Miami, US, shelled out $20,000 (£14,400) for a Brazilian butt lift which has left her unable to sit down.

She's struggled with her body for years, having been told to lose weight by beauty pageant judges as a teenager.

But since growing up, the model has turned her attention to plastic surgery to achieve her desired look. ...

She got a boob job in September where she spent $8,000 (£5,700) going from a 34B cup to a 34DD cup. ...

After that she began looking into Brazilian butt lifts and liposuction.

Now as she's spent a lot of money transforming her body, she's set to make the profit back by her saucy snaps.

She created an online presence and set a goal of earning $25,000 (£18,000) a month on OnlyFans, which she achieved quickly.

But since she wasn't satisfied with her shape yet, she booked in another surgery – a BBL and liposuction – in April 2021.

Kazumi had a BBL, liposuction all over her body and an ab sketch totalling $28,000 (£20,000) – all on the same day. ...

But now she's coping with the side effects as she's not been able to sit down after her butt lift.

She added: "I do everything standing up, I learnt how to pee and poop standing up." ...
FULL STORY: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/i-spent-14k-new-big-24758706

You'd think she'd want some work done on that name as well. With some surgery, we can rearrange Kazumi Squirts into:

Ritz Quasimusk
Ikissum Quartz
Ziti Quarksums
I. Quiz Muskrats
Miss Quizkraut
and of course, the perfect Mutiz Assquirk

She's not going to be quite so delighted when she's a fair bit older. One of the benefits of hitting sixty is being allowed to sit down more. The thought of not being able to sit, added to everything gravitating downwards... it won't be pleasant.

Back