• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Expensive Farts (Farts Causing Loss Or Expense)

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Farting incident costs bank $100,000
A fart was the start of a staff conflict that ended up costing the Swedish national bank NOK 760,000 (USD 100,000) in compensation.

According to computer technician Göran Andervass, 44, a colleague visited his office and let out a big, stinky fart, Aftonbladet reports.

Andervass thought the incident was provoking and shouted at his colleague.

After the fart and the following shouting, Andervass and his colleague were called in to a meeting with their boss in the national bank.

"The boss wanted to know why I had been shouting at my colleague. I explained what it was all about, but my colleague would neither admit nor confirm that he had farted", Andervass told Aftonbladet.

The incident was the beginning of a serious conflict, a long sick notice and exclusion from the office.

Göran Andervass was fired from his job on 20 December 2001. According to the human resource department in the bank, the reason was "personal issues".

The bank thinks Andervass was away sick a lot of the time and that he was not following the rehabilitation plan presented to him by a doctor and the social security office. According to Andervass, there was no such rehabilitation plan.

Göran Andervass sued the national bank, and the court sentenced the bank to pay him NOK 760,000 compensation.

Drummer's fart cost Washington, D.C. nightclub

Washington, D.C. is certainly not the Windy City. A drummer's fart has cost a D.C. nightclub $500.

Why? The emission was so offending that a window at the city's Madam's Organ Blues Bar was opened to lesson its impact, thereby breaking a no-windows-open-during-live-music city ordinance, according to the Borderstan news Web site.

"(The drummer) opened the window to let (a) fart out," said club owner Bill Duggan in the report. "He cracked it open for five minutes, then the inspector showed up."

"Twenty (blanking) years with not one violation and this is what they came up with," Duggan said. "People get stabbed and shot in these other establishments. In ours, someone farts and cracks a window and they spend a year on it."
http://www.app.com/story/entertainm...s-fart-cost-washington-dc-nightclub/29075039/

A teacher once tried to give me a detention for farting in class .. to be fair to him, I probably grinned when the other kids laughed although my Mum successfully had the detention cancelled. It was a 1981 fart so was probably from monster munch, green gravy and school liver type stuff.

Is there a general flatulence thread? It has been theorised that passing gas enables a system check by the farter - a sort of overview of the innards, so to speak. Is this why we like our own but find those of others so rank? I've never heard anyone admit to liking other people's farts but there must be a subculture going at it somewhere.

In the forces, farting in rank will earn you a charge for 'dumb insolence' - or it used to...

A teacher once tried to give me a detention for farting in class .. to be fair to him, I probably grinned when the other kids laughed although my Mum successfully had the detention cancelled. It was a 1981 fart so was probably from monster munch, green gravy and school liver type stuff.
A 1981 fart?
Did it sound like a power chord or a little bit electronic?

What the heck, may a
A 1981 fart?
Did it sound like a power chord or a little bit electronic?

s well get a bit more mileage out of this image...

YRALg8.jpg

:confused:

Credit where credit's due, that there's a Rynnerism .. and please keep posting it :)

Mytho, I can't remember what the fart sounded like but as it was '81 I like to imagine it sounded like the bassline intro from Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five's song White Lines ...

Talking of expensive farts ...

Me and a past flat mate used to work in a kitchen years ago as cooks and were playing with the cellophane food sealing machine during some down time, he made himself a cellophane shirt but that's by the by .. I'd noticed that you could make inflated air bags with it and joked with a young waitress that I was going to make a load and sell them on ebay as Britney Spear's farts .. her eyes lit up in a eureka moment so we concocted a story that someone had been back stage at one of her gigs, heard Britney fart, waited until she'd left and plumped it out of the cushion she'd been siting on and into this bag. If people will buy ghosts in bottles, why not? ... Lucy went ahead and posted it on ebay complete with fake stickers displaying correct concert venue location and date. Sadly, I think she only sold one before ebay stopped it .... not in case they weren't bona fide Britney farts but because Lucy wasn't quite old enough to be trading on ebay :( ... so if anyone reading wants to steal the idea, knock yourselves out :)

Sold one?
People will buy any old crap, won't they?

This Austrian man is being fined for farting with malice toward the police ...
Austria: man fined for farting ‘with full intent’ at police

A man in Vienna has been fined 500 euros ($565) for breaking wind loudly in front of police — a move that the Austrian capital’s police force was at pains to defend on Tuesday.

The Oesterreich newspaper reported that the fine stemmed from an incident on June 5 and that the offender was fined for “offending public decency.”

City police wrote on Twitter that “of course no one is reported for accidentally ‘letting one go.’” They added that the man had behaved “provocatively and uncooperatively” during an encounter with officers that preceded the incident. ...

He got up from a park bench, looked at officers and “let go a massive intestinal wind apparently with full intent,” they said. “And our colleagues don’t like to be farted at so much.”

Police noted that the decision could be appealed.

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/6ad082f5ec2b2761cd7ec02dfd34aa5a

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flatulent-footballers-parpy-pigs-and-exploded-201159

Nice little run down of costly flatulence incidents. My favourite fact in this is that there is a football referee called Bunny Reid.

The story about the bus driver farting at a passenger happened in Glasgow- I remember it was quite big news for a couple of days at the time. I believe it happened at Bridge Street- I think someone should put up a blue plaque to commemorate it (although maybe a brown plaque would be more appropriate).

Back