Explain Your Avatar Here

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
After a brief dalliance with Major Calloway from The Third Man (Trevor Howard), I've returned for a spell with the avatar I had ten years ago or so, only in higher definition.

Familiar?

I used to watch repeats of the show on daytime TV as an undergrad.

Vardoger

How Much Is The Fish?
After a brief dalliance with Major Calloway from The Third Man (Trevor Howard), I've returned for a spell with the avatar I had ten years ago or so, only in higher definition.

Familiar?

A very "family friendly" show. Never saw any of those corpses he was working on.

skinny

Ásatrúarfélagið
Flashheart. Nice.
So who gets Ruprecht the monkey boy? That was a brilliant avy. One of the best ever.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient

Familiar?

I think I'll try Major Calloway, then Avon, then Jack Hawkins, just to confuse matters!! Or a pic of me. One of my colleagues reckoned I looked like a young Jack Klugman (the big nose does it) though I'm much less shouty than Qunicy, a character always on the edge of bellowing!

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Just a query, wondered why, although looking perfectly fine before submitting same, my own always has a small, green triangle, at top left.

I've noticed a couple of others similar!

Lb8535

Abominable Snowman
Yithian, why are you now Jack Klugman? a wondeful actor.
Your post above, which I would have seen if I had been on the right discussion - my immediate thought was The Odd Couple. You could think in that vein for a while.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
It's not just that mate, I spend hours uploading different avatars, testing what the problem was.

'Why do they all still have that damned spoiler of a green triangle at the top left corner...'.

'It's definitely not there when I upload the avatar..'

'The hell am I doing wrong here...?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

Lb8535

Abominable Snowman

Ringo

Of no preferred gender pronoun.
Why isn't Ringo wearing any pants? BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T MADE THE PANTS THAT WILL TAKE THE JOB ON! WOOF!
LOL - I have to really stop myself from channelling Flashheart in every post now. I think it would become quite tedious for everybody. But good god, what a character!