• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

fabulous vivid dreams

A

Anonymous

My latest comedy freaky dreams of no known origin;

PETER FALK WORLD IN A BATH

CHRIS REA THE MAD PROFESSOR WITH MECHANICAL RIGHT ARM AND SEXY JAPANESE ASSISTANT WITH BIG BOOBS AND GYPSY TOP. THEY WORKED WITH LARGE VOLUMES OF WATER MEASURING WATER FLOW TO PREDICT WHETHER PROJECTS WOULD WORK, AS A CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR BUSINESSES.

BLOOD COVERED WOODEN BUTCHERS CHOPPING BOARD IN THE FORM OF A BUS.

VARIOUS BABY DREAMS: LEMON CAKE BABY (DIED BECAUSE IT KEPT GETTING BITS EATEN); POT NOODLE BABY - INCH LONG BABY THAT I PUT IN A POT NOODLE COS I THOUGHT IT WOULD NOURISH IT; TWIN SAUSAGE BABIES - DIED AS THEY WERE FEATURELESS SAUSAGES, etc etc.

I may write a book!

I had technicolour dreams on Saturday night - I think it was linked to drinking pints of bitter.

I dreamt that a red-haired anti-christ was born in a field of corn, the daughter of Jonathon Creek. It was all very strange involving morphing and then turned to a cartoon in which Homer Simpson was in a lift trying to kill the anti-christ.

It was very intense and psychadelic.

Drinking bitter - never again :rolleyes:

I personally think it's healthy to have vivid, barmy dreams. It proves that your mind is fit and active, and needs to clear out a lot of junk. Your dreams are very strange, but so are most people's. Perhaps you just remember them better than most people..
Some people try to assign meanings and symbolism to dreams. I think there is a certain amount of symbolism, but most of the material is mental garbage IMHO.
I have very vivid and strange dreams myself at times. These are definitely, categorically in colour. Usually, by the time I'm having a shave, I can't remember what they were about.

Big Bill Robinson

Don't know what I was dreaming, but I woke up a couple of days ago with the phrase "a rolling stone butters no parsnips" on the tip of my mental tongue.

I had a really, really vivid dream the other night which I can still remember perfectly (this doesn't happen to me often.) I dreamed that I was sitting at the bottom of a small set of orange-carpeted steps. Either side of the steps were two walls with not unpleasant yellow wallpaper. At the top of the steps was a white door, with a big piece of "blurred" glass in the middle (nothing unusual basically.)

On the rest of the steps were sitting various journalists and dignatries, looking quite flustered. I had no idea where I was or what was going on, mainly because I'd just appeared there out of a completely different dream, as happens sometimes.

Suddenly, the door at the top of the stairs opened and the Duke of Edinburgh came out. He started saying something along the lines of "I'm awfully sorry I've kept you gentlemen waiting, only I've been having a bit of trouble with..." at which point one a man at the top of the steps said something to him like "Oh hurry up and read it out!"

The Duke then proceeded to read something out, some kind of announcement (like the USA's "State Of The Nation" message)... only I woke up before I could take in what he was saying.

Anyone who can shed any light on this is quite welcome to. Oh, also Ron and Harry out of Harry Potter were sitting at the bottom of the steps too, but this was probably because I'd just gone to see Harry Potter again (yeah yeah..)

:)

Big Bill Robins said:
I personally think it's healthy to have vivid, barmy dreams. It proves that your mind is fit and active, and needs to clear out a lot of junk. Your dreams are very strange, but so are most people's. Perhaps you just remember them better than most people..
Some people try to assign meanings and symbolism to dreams. I think there is a certain amount of symbolism, but most of the material is mental garbage IMHO.

I like that idea, I have had two quite scary dreams already this week, last night I dreamt I was a psychotic 4 year old who faked her own death by drowning so that she could escape school and join a murdering tag team with her brother. The one from the night before involved the death of my brother and sister which made me feel terrible all day. :( My mother was quite worried about this, but I told her it probably meant nothing.

I think I just remember my dreams for longer than most people because I always relay them to someone else and sometimes write them down.

My Dreams as a 4yr old

I vividly remember my dreams all the time but my most vivid were when I was about 4yrs old(1980) here's an old favourite:

I dreamt my father was a scientist(complete with white coat)and I was stood with him in his lab(looked like a woodworking classroom, with yellowy orange lights) stood on the table was his latest creation, a robot! It was a strange luminous cyan and magenta colour almost computer graphical in appearance, and really didnt look like a robot but rather someone in a rubbery skin tight suit.

The robot looked strangely masculine and femenine at the same time, but most strikingly it had 'illustrated' eyes that looked like they were painted over the scene on glass, and the eyes were just one flat shade of white that seemed to maintain a frowned expression. Anyway my Dad pulled a lever on the wall to imbue life into the robot, but as he pulled it I got the sense that something had gone horribly wrong, instead of the robot coming to life its entire body rapidly crumpled into a curious green 'splatter mark' think "Nickelodeon"(American TV Channel) logo most disturbingly the robot still retained its frowning eyes on the surface of the splatter, and proceeded to transform rhythmically into various shapes and forms:- structure of orange cubes, floating blue ovoid, etc. whilst still retaining the white, flat frowning eyes. The final thing I remember in this dream was thinking "oh my god my dad has created something horrible."

not so fond memories of that one eh?

For a while I used to keep a dream log - it used to give me some interesting insights into things that were bothering me but I hadn't quite appreciated - but I've let that fizzle out gradually through laziness.

Re beakboo's mental tongue: last week I woke up thinking the phrase "sleep don't weep" for some reason.

I had a weird, intense full color dream last night. I would not post it except that a member of the board (who I have never met IRL) was in the dream and the alias of the threadstarter...read on and you'll see that I mean.

I was with a group of people, post-alien-invasion-holocaust (yeah it was pretty Fortean). We were standing on a section of freeway, a 4 lane road. The aliens were large lizardy looking things, and they were kind of herding us into a bus. There was a big truck, like an army convoy vehicle waiting nearby. The aliens (or maybe their human stooges) were calling out names and one of the names struck me, as it was the same as my first name IRL - same first name but a different last name. (Let's say Micheal, even thought that's not it.) "Michael Tate?!" I suppose in some way my reaction may have shown. No Michael Tate came forward. As the names were called, the people, all men, stepped forward and got into the truck. Apparently they were being enlisted to go do the alien's dirty work for them. After the truck was loaded the rest of us were put on a bus. I found myself next to Caroline (yeah, the Queen of the CCCBs). As I was sitting waiting for whatever would happen next, a man I did not know came forward, leaned over and whispered in my ear "Michael Tate, do you know him?!" "No." "I'm Michael Tate. Don't forget me." And he climbed on the truck and the truck left.

At this point my POV sort of zoomed out and I could see the further down the freeway, in the direction that the truck was heading, there was a bridge, and the bridge was down.

There was one of those time shifts that dreams have, and suddenly the war was over, humans had won and life was starting to get better. And I was picked up by the police, and taken to the hospital to see....Michael Tate, the sole survivor of the mission, and now a cyborg. But they were, I think, trying to de-borg him. They made him a cyborg because it was the only way to keep him alive. He was pretty much gone, except for head and shoulders (no shampoo jokes, ok?). My reaction when I woke was "Ew gross", plus "HTF did he know my name?!"

That was pretty much the end of the dream as I remember it. I think there may have been details or complexities and dialogue that has not stayed in my short term memory. It was a lot less like a dream and much more like one hell of an entertaining movie, with full sensory effects. It had it all: aliens, war, romance, even an almost happy ending. And it was wierd as heck.

and now you know why seeing that borgqueen started this thread convinced me to post!

Darrenxyz said:
Re beakboo's mental tongue: last week I woke up thinking the phrase "sleep don't weep" for some reason.
When did I have a metal tongue?:confused: I think i'd remember something like that.
Last night I dreampt my left boob shrank and the right one migrated to the middle of my chest. I showed it to Hubcap and he said "Hmm, perhaps you ought to mention this next time you're at the hospital".

EDIT: Do'h! MeNtal tongue! Perhaps my dream meant I'm a right tit :p

I once dreamed that I was in the Goodies (I do hope our US readers are keeping up here). It was pretty much how you'd expect really. On that three-seater bike, dressed as Henry XIII, being chased by a big bit of cheese.

Other people's dreams eh!

Never tell people your dreams. I thought everyone knew that.

I usually find recalling my dreams quite an enjoyable experience and, like Darrenxyz, used to keep a dream diary. Nowadays I don't have time to log my dreams as soon as I wake up. I once woke up laughing my head off, with tears of mirth streaming down my face at some hilariously funny, but unfortunately immediately forgotten, dream - much to the consternation of my husband. His only comment: 'You're mad!'

Carole

I had a dream once.... I was waiting to go to work dressed in an old fashioned nightgown with long sleeves and frills everywhere. When the bus came it wouldn't stop and I had to chase it down the road. When it did stop I went to get on and noticed that the first step was a flagstone I looked int othe bus and it was really a pub at night time outside it was a bus in daylight but inside a pub. I got on/in and had a few pints of cider and a craic with the other people on board. When it was time to get off I woke up, most frustrating!

Oh that's bad when it's time to get off and I wake up and it was just a dream.

I hate it when that happens.

A couple of times in the last weeks I've been in the middle of some vaguely unpleasant dream (which I can't remember now) and suddenly I have the realization that this is just a dream, and I can just 'shift' my consciousness or something and end it.

It feels pretty good, like finally getting fed up with a boring TV program and switching the channel or cutting the darned thing off.

I had one of my 'flying saucer' dreams at the weekend. I was standing outside my local and looking up at the sky seeing hundreds of planes very high up in the sky, pursuing an out-of-sight 'flying saucer'. Then other weapons were brought into play, but what they were I didn't know. All I know was they were huge and in wierd and wonderful shapes, dark shadows high up in the sky. One was in a similar shape to AndroMan's recent 'spiky-headed' avatar and the other was in the shape of an elephant complete with howdah . . . :eek:

Carole

I had one of my flying dreams the other night. I have this sort of dream quite often for as long as I can remember, usually flying around superman style. This time I would only fly if I sat on a wooden dining chair and i would fly around as if using a jet pack.

Don't know what the symbolism as supposed to be for flying dreams as I understand their common with many people. Mind you I don't care that much as the dreams are great fun and I really enjoy them! :D

Back