Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It's the cipher used by Mary Queen of Scots she used in captivity. The voice is reading Robert Burns' poem "Lament for the approach of spring"
LOL. Is he in Scotland? I hope we never solve the mystery of who he is but would be fun to crack that code.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
And I've worked out the word in the clouds is Avalon
Just started reading the book mentioned in Enola's post no. 319, and stumbled straight on this:

"...A third form of Welsh popular belief as to the whereabouts of fairyland corresponds with the Avalon of the Arthurian legends. The green meadows of the sea, called in the triads Gwerddonau Llion, are the

Green fairy islands, reposing,
In sunlight and beauty on ocean’s calm breast..."

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I posted on another thread about my experience with pop up people
When i was very young (2 years old or so) my mom told me later that she would quite often hear me talking in our bathroom, having quite long chats, when she inquired as to whom i was talking, i would say "the pop up people", i have no memory of actually talking to these pop up people in the bathroom but have a vague memory of it happening. Does anyone else have any similar encounters with pop up people?
Also when i was a child, in our front garden, we had an old staddle stone (big stone mushroom like thing, used to raise grain silos etc off of the ground to prevent vermin getting in) which had a chip out of the base, about 4 inches by 2 inches big, we always called it a fairy door. (The staddle stone is still in my folks front garden but at a different house)

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I saw this footage on youtube a while ago, im pretty sure its a hoax, but its well done, and all the people involved are pretty good if they are acting, might be real, who knows :p

Aurora Newman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Yes I do believe in Fairies very much so. I like having Fairies in my life. They lift the spirits. I don't do any meditation or other stuff to connect to them. I just know they're there. One day I'll start sketching them, when I'm done with drawing Mermaids (some say Mermaids are of the Fey aswell). I do two types of Mermaid art spoof and real to life. I plan to do the same with Fairies!!

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I believe the fae phenomena is real. I believe it is very similar to and comparable to the Bigfoot phenomena. There is a very strong connection between them. Maybe even a symbiotic connection.

I believe they both exist. But exist in ways different to other things existing. They exist but not like a bear exists, or a shoe.

This existence is very much connected to people's interactions with wild places. I don't think either of them exist without this interaction.

Every culture on the the planet in every country and at every time has a tradition of wildmen and little people. They are both universal. They exist. But in a special way.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I saw this footage on youtube a while ago, im pretty sure its a hoax, but its well done, and all the people involved are pretty good if they are acting, might be real, who knows :p

Seen it before. I think CGI, but if it is real, it's probably a stray praying mantis (escaped from someone's collection).

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
That was very interesting lordmongrove.
Reminds me of when my daughter and I went on an indigenous walk at Monkey Mia and the guide told us he would see little people when he hunted at night.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
That was very interesting lordmongrove.
Reminds me of when my daughter and I went on an indigenous walk at Monkey Mia and the guide told us he would see little people when he hunted at night.
Maybe that's why it got called 'Monkey Mia'?
It's largely desert there, nowhere for anything to hide.