• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

when it comes to fairies, pixies and elfs the same can be said about them as ghost's and other anomolies some people see them others dont and it all depends on if they or you are supposed to see them.

when you tell people some might say it was a trick of sight and your mad or imagining things, ehile on the other hand like most of you have said there must be something out there as too many people have seen things that either look or seem familiar to what other people have witnessed.

Anybody who doesn't appreciate the fact that we at least seem to be sharing our planet with a race of Little People has been sleeping in class.

The evidence for the Little People is at least as good as it is for British Black Dogs, and that's highly impressive too.

but thats the thing most if not all these people have clearly said they believe somthing else is out there not just ourselves they believe we are visited by magical and unexplained beings

I have a book called The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries that may be of interest to the readers of this thread. I found it a bit unfocused and stream-of-conciousness, but there's a lot of stuff in there: it's a big book! It is very old (over a century, but currently in print), which may be good or bad depending on your perspective. I also have a book called The Gaelic Underworld, which treats the subject matter purely as folkloric, but is an interesting read regardless. (And is also humungous.)

goth13girl666 - have a look at the people of Iceland. Some of them firmly believe in the fair folk and make sure their houses and roads don't go through elvish settlements. You occasionally hear of something similar happening in Scotland, Ireland and Wales....

staticgirl - i have heard of things like that happening especially in the ireland areas.

i myself believe there are moe than just us out there, its surely cannot be possible that there are just us?

alot of my family including myself believe in the fair folk, along with other magical and mystical beings,

i find them interesting

Elven McLovin

Can't say that I had read about this before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karin_Svensdotter
Karin Svensdotter was a 17th-century Swedish woman who claimed to have had children with the King of the fairies.

In 1656, Karin Svensdotter, who worked as a maid, was put on trial at Västra Härad in Sävsjö in Småland. She was put on trial because she claimed that she had a sexual relationship with a male fairie with whom she claimed to have issue. Karin Svensdotter told the court that she had met a beautiful man in golden clothes in a mountain called Grönskulle (Green Hill), where they had sung and danced with others. The man called himself Älvakungen (King of the fairies), or Älven (Fairy), and he gave her gifts and had intercourse with her. Seven times she had given birth to their issue, and every time he had come and taken the children away to the land of the fairies. She stated that these births had taken place during her reoccurring attacks and fits, after which she was very tired. Her fits had been witnessed by many, and Karin's employer testified that he had often heard her searching for her faerie children in the forest.[1]

The case of Karin Svensdotter was unusual and caused much consternation, and there were much debate within the authorities as to how it should be treated. In the 17th century, the existence of mythical creatures of nature such as fairies was acknowledged by the church, who regarded consorting with them as a grave crime. Although there were no specific laws against sexual intercourse with nature-spirits, the authorities usually treated such cases under the law of sodomy, or more specifically bestiality, as the mythical creatures were considered non-human beings and often had animal features on some part of their bodies. According to theologians, such beings were shapes which the Devil and his demons assumed in order to seduce humans.[2] In 1658, a male thief was sentenced to death after having confessed before the court that he had survived his days in the wilderness by his sexual relationship with skogsrået, (a forest-nymph; a mythical female creature of the forest), and as late as 1691, a man was sentenced to death after having confessed to a sexual relationship with a bergrå (a mountain-nymph; a mythical female creature of the mountain).[3] Death sentences by the local courts were common in such cases, but normally, the death sentence was revoked by the higher court. The case of Peder Jönsson, who received a death sentence in 1640 after having confessed to sex with a sjörå (a water-nymph; a mythical female creature of the lake or sea), is one of few such cases were the death sentence was not revoked and an execution is completely confirmed and documented to have taken place.[4] In the case of Karin Svensdotter, Göta hovrätt decided - based on the expert advice of two church chapters - that she had become insane by the magic of Satan, and her congregation was ordered to pray for her recovery. She was given a silver cross by her relatives as protection, and after this, it was reported that the faerie man no longer came to her.[5]

She was either 'away with the fairies' or she 'had it away' with the fairies. :D

I can't lay my hands on a reference right now but I seem to recall there is a case in English Law where a vulnerable (or plain drunk?) man was defrauded by some acquaintances who promised - for a certain sum - to arrange his betrothal to the Queen of the Fairies! :shock:

No, no, somewhere the report got garbled. The women had sex with two guys who looked like Elvis.

JamesWhitehead said:
I can't lay my hands on a reference right now but I seem to recall there is a case in English Law where a vulnerable (or plain drunk?) man was defrauded by some acquaintances who promised - for a certain sum - to arrange his betrothal to the Queen of the Fairies! :shock:

I don't remember any actual cases, but it's one of the tricks worked by the con-artists in Ben Jonson's play The Alchemist.

Ah yes, Timble, it could well be a memory of that, confused with a real life case that inspired the lost play Keep the Widow Waking, a tale of marriage entrapment recounted in C. J. Sisson's 1936 book, Lost Plays of Shakespeare's Age. :)

As for the elf-sex blog!

"I had badges made today! They look so cool. "Effed* BY AN ELF". Do you want one too? Well you can get one, if you send me a really good story of you having sex with an elf.

*Original text (and badge) is less coy.

I would love to contribute an invented filthy tale but I'd be afraid to give my address. :)

Not sure if I've posted this before but, Mr.Cherrybomb's Gran (who has lived in Ireland for several decades) claims to have seen a leprechaun whilst walking home across a boggy moor! Still, she never found a pot 'o gold so I highly doubt it happened :lol:

Generally, you have to catch the little blighter before you can get the pot of gold.

Just having the odd thought about the Little People...

...If they exist, they would have tiny, tiny brains. Wouldn't that mean they would be more than a bit dim? How is it possible that they have their own little civilisation?

Unless...they come from a dimension where molecular density is much greater than our own...like Superman.

Or...they are 'magical' (which doesn't really explain it for me somehow).

A lot of birds (feathered variety) have tiny brains but are very intelligent for their size. But you're talking about a magical creature - they could keep a vast supermind in another dimension for all we know.

A Senegalese friend at our house for dinner and herb one night recounted how his family would never camp out in the jungle due to what he called 'pikmin'. I thought he was talking about pygmies, but he was aware of them and assured us these 'pikmin' were tiny flying people who dwelt in the trees and would circumcise the unwary with a tiny knife fashioned from a seashell.

He also refused to look through my telescope at Jupiter, stating that he wanted nothing to do with what's out there. He wouldn't elaborate when pressed as to what he was afraid of, simply ending the topic with a statement something like "nobody needs to know what the people up there are about". He obviously believed that these 'people' were real. I was fascinated, but didn't get any further with him on those subsequent occasions I asked him to elaborate. He remained adamant that it was dangerous to mess with that side of existence - very sincere in his reluctance. I was impressed.

Fairy census looking for Cornish sightings
By WBGinette | Posted: November 16, 2014

Do you believe in fairies, or have you seen any?
That is the question being asked in a fairy census to collate beliefs and sightings in Britain and Northern Ireland.
It is being led by Dr Simon Young and the Fairy Investigation Society.

Dr Young, said: “We are not interested just in what people see, but why they see it.
“For example, fairy sightings are often associated with sleep deprivation or unusual moods.
“We are also interested in how fairy sightings change. So, fairies seem to have, generally speaking, gotten smaller through the centuries. Will this trend continue?
“With the census we will have the means of measuring changing beliefs.”

The two-year project promises to be the biggest folklore survey of its kind ever undertaken.
Launching in Fortean Times magazine, it includes an online form for those who have had fairy experiences, and another questionnaire to measure how fairy belief has changed in recent years among the general public.

A similar census was held 60 years ago and brought in several hundred responses from around the world: the results were finally published this summer in Marjorie Johnson’s Seeing Fairies (Anomalist Books), extracted in the new issue of Fortean Times.

A spokesman for the census said: “The census has already brought in interesting results – such as the man who, while out for a walk, saw some squirrels on a tree at dusk, only to realise, in shock, that he was looking at little men scrabbling over the branches.”

The fairy census can be found at www.fairyist.com/survey/

Read more: http://www.cornishman.co.uk/Fairy-censu ... z3JKIcMKGA

An online friend in another forum posted an account of hearing bells in the middle of the countryside whilst on a walk. As bells often accompany fairy sightings I thought people might be interested in his account of a fairy hearing:

TauCeti - 15 Jan 2015 12:27:27
Yesterday … decided to go for a short ride, plan was a standard 12 miles for the sake of being out and about for a couple of hours…

So off I went on the Llandaff side of the river, to Radyr where I joined the TT for half a mile, then took a river side footpath, three styles to negotiate, carry on to next village on the low road, to the roundabout across the river and up to Gwaelodygarth, where I locked the bike behind the pub – Garth Inn also known as - and walked.

A bit of road then felt like I was a sheep, said ‘baah’!’ quietly and took to a quasi-vertical path, which I hadn’t noticed before; and steep it is; sheep like it and goats would love it if there where any here… inclination about 75 degrees or so, anyway was the short and sharp way to where I was going, the rock outcrop visible from just about anywhere this side of the Garth Gorge; as I was half way up the incline I heard quite clearly a sound like tingling bells – lasted about five seconds then stopped; I also stopped and puzzled over it, there being no animals known to do such sounds, nor houses nearby from where it may have issued…. Carried on and made it to the ‘spur’; sat on a rock, thought of having a cigarette but the wind blowing made me change my mind, so a short while later carried on up, then on a path to the left, the idea being of checking for prehistoric bits (a few years ago I did find a prehistoric napped flint, a ‘core’ dating from about 5000 years ago, and local) but on this occasion didn’t find anything of that sort; pity.

Anyway on the way up met two walkers and exchanged greetings stranger than weird the man said he heard a sound like tinkling bells from the direction I was coming from, at which I thought wtf, was no hallucination then; considered local sprites and fairies, thought better than mentioning this to the people...
it was very similar to a sound I heard quite clearly when I was on my own on a mountainside in Portugal, a couple of years ago....

(Obviously I did get his permission to post here)

Last edited:
That sounds very much like what my sister heard, twice when on a walk with her eldest daughter. They are still puzzled by it. Thank you, and your friend, for sharing. :)

Cowbells?
Bird scarer?

There is also a type of fairie lore here among the Indians. Nûñnë'hï are Cherokee fairies that live in the mountains. Alot of the stories about them are similar to Irish and English stories.

In researching it, I also found a local Cherokee night demon called Fire Carrier, which is a sort of phantom light, almost UFO-like.

I heard two guys speaking in a strange language that was the same language that Terrence McKenna uses when he describes the clockwork elves. They told me that the we're speaking the ancient Cherokee language. They were having a full conversation, not just imitating something they heard. Another time, I was at a Pentecostal church and a mysterious man dresses in all black visited and spoke in tongues, anointing us with mint oil. The language was overwhelming to listen to and I felt drugged and was compelled to wave my hands ecstatically in the air, as were the rest of the congregation. A friend suggested that he was speaking Sumerian. Another friend of mine was leading a group through guided deep breathing meditation. He was chanting in a strange language that he said was ancient Egyptian as well as Sanskrit. I had an out of body experience without any drugs during this ceremony. All these people and their languages seemed unhuman, like another species masquerading as humans or inhabiting human bodies.

Another time, I was at a Pentecostal church and a mysterious man dresses in all black visited and spoke in tongues, anointing us with mint oil. The language was overwhelming to listen to and I felt drugged and was compelled to wave my hands ecstatically in the air, as were the rest of the congregation

That sounds very similar to the kind of phenomenon reported during the Toroto Blessing craze. Did this incident happen around that time period (the mid 90's)?

Back