• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

Not that quiet. I saw them last year and they could still produce a fair amount of volume!As far as the videos are concerned, yeah, CGI. I just looked at one attempting to make a fuzzy bit of clothing or hairy covering look natural, and it didn't. One could attribute that to some magical nature, but then why do the movements look so UN magical.
I admire your brand of skepticism ChasFink. ROFL. I think you may be onto something. The Pixies are not real. I mean, when they split up, where did they go ? Did they all just magically disappear? And as for the other bands citing them as influences, clearly it was all just superstitious nonsense amirite? So much for this "legendary" band. It never existed. A hoax.

I tend to think CGI, the close up photo in this month's mag looks like a model or simple figure to animate, kind of like Morph. I did wonder about the beard and hair but haven't seen all episodes including the shaving one.
Part of me believes (and wants to believe) it is real.

Last edited:
I spent an enjoyable Sunday morning watching all 17 of his videos after reading about them in the Fortean Times. The big mystery to me, is what was the purpose of keeping up a hoax for two years, knowing very few were watching for the first year or so, and why stop so suddenly? If he was producing to get noticed as a film maker / actor, why hasn't he come forward? Most people agree, if he's an actor, he's a good one.
While I agree it's most likely CGI, I think it's quite well done, but what about the pixie "Temple"? Someone must know where this is, is there an explanation as to its true purpose? And... The Wyrm?

Reading Sikes' British Goblins and came across a description of a "whirling goblin" that "fell to the scraping the ground and wagging its head looking aside one way and the other" and making a "horrible mowing noise". This reminded me of both the "mowing devil" of early crop circles and the WB Tasmanian Devil cartoon. I can't find any link to either though.

Wow, many many years ago I had a standing order for that book at an antiquarian book shop. Never did get one (and probably couldnt have afforded it if they had found one!), and here it is for free!
I loved it. So much fodder for spooky geology. It was sitting on the table and my 17 yr old asked "how can you read that?" I think she had glanced at it and found the very many Welsh names inside.

Wow, many many years ago I had a standing order for that book at an antiquarian book shop. Never did get one (and probably couldnt have afforded it if they had found one!), and here it is for free!
I bought a modern print from a bookshop in York a couple of years back. It's on the 'eagerly getting around to it' shelf. Too many books, too little time!

I think faerie is devided into seelie and unseelie to my knowledge,with seelie being the more human like and less dangerous.A lot of myths say faeries cannot lie.If someone’s said that before I’m sorry.I’m very interested in the fair folk,I especially like the Dullahan and wild hunt,but I forget information very easily :D

There's a fellow, an Author, who goes by the name of Charles de Lint who writes a craicing series of books about the Fae, it's Kingdom, people who slip between worlds...and everyday Ottawa.

He also sets one story during a Wild Hunt and it is brilliant!

Charles de Lint, at your friendly neighbourhood Library, paid for with your rates, and your taxes. If your library doesn't have them, seek an inter-library loan.

Hmmm...I just might have to read them all again - besides, I'm not really doing much over the next year or two.

Mr Erwin Saunders has uploaded a cryptic video, first upload in a long time if anyones interested
LOL. He's having a laugh whoever he is.

But this is brilliant. No clue what that writing is. It's not the Futharc. Are those Northumbrian bagpipes? No mean artist, either.

ETA: I think he's mixing glyphs. It could be utterly random, just to give people a fun but unsolvable code to try and crack during lockdown... but there's a sort of hermetic order 18thC look to some of that, and in amongst one kind of symbol, there appears to be another (I can see a couple of what I'd normally recognise as ogham in there but then most of it is something else entirely). Has a very hermetic order feel to it, whatever it is... Forteans, we should crack this! (If it's not just pure nonsense!)

Just watched the one where he references what Anglo Saxon scholars would recognise as the famous "elf-shot" (hairy episode). There are cryptic references to this in 1000 year old sources. He certainly knows his stuff. Like the Cottingley Fairies, this but with someone. more intelligent/adult behind it.

Last edited:
LOL. He's having a laugh whoever he is.

But this is brilliant. No clue what that writing is. It's not the Futharc. Are those Northumbrian bagpipes? No mean artist, either.
It's the cipher used by Mary Queen of Scots she used in captivity. The voice is reading Robert Burns' poem "Lament for the approach of spring"

It's the cipher used by Mary Queen of Scots she used in captivity. The voice is reading Robert Burns' poem "Lament for the approach of spring"
LOL. Is he in Scotland? I hope we never solve the mystery of who he is but would be fun to crack that code.

And I've worked out the word in the clouds is Avalon

Just started reading the book mentioned in Enola's post no. 319, and stumbled straight on this:

"...A third form of Welsh popular belief as to the whereabouts of fairyland corresponds with the Avalon of the Arthurian legends. The green meadows of the sea, called in the triads Gwerddonau Llion, are the

Green fairy islands, reposing,
In sunlight and beauty on ocean’s calm breast..."

I posted on another thread about my experience with pop up people
When i was very young (2 years old or so) my mom told me later that she would quite often hear me talking in our bathroom, having quite long chats, when she inquired as to whom i was talking, i would say "the pop up people", i have no memory of actually talking to these pop up people in the bathroom but have a vague memory of it happening. Does anyone else have any similar encounters with pop up people?
Also when i was a child, in our front garden, we had an old staddle stone (big stone mushroom like thing, used to raise grain silos etc off of the ground to prevent vermin getting in) which had a chip out of the base, about 4 inches by 2 inches big, we always called it a fairy door. (The staddle stone is still in my folks front garden but at a different house)

Yes I do believe in Fairies very much so. I like having Fairies in my life. They lift the spirits. I don't do any meditation or other stuff to connect to them. I just know they're there. One day I'll start sketching them, when I'm done with drawing Mermaids (some say Mermaids are of the Fey aswell). I do two types of Mermaid art spoof and real to life. I plan to do the same with Fairies!!

I believe the fae phenomena is real. I believe it is very similar to and comparable to the Bigfoot phenomena. There is a very strong connection between them. Maybe even a symbiotic connection.

I believe they both exist. But exist in ways different to other things existing. They exist but not like a bear exists, or a shoe.

This existence is very much connected to people's interactions with wild places. I don't think either of them exist without this interaction.

Every culture on the the planet in every country and at every time has a tradition of wildmen and little people. They are both universal. They exist. But in a special way.

I saw this footage on youtube a while ago, im pretty sure its a hoax, but its well done, and all the people involved are pretty good if they are acting, might be real, who knows :p

Seen it before. I think CGI, but if it is real, it's probably a stray praying mantis (escaped from someone's collection).

Back