• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fake Account: Creepiness In Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willyard James

Fresh Blood
Hello! This is my first post and I had encounter with a strange being-definitely not human. I’ve never had an experience like this before, so please, listen to me. You see, I live in a small city named Mekoryuk in Alaska. It is located on a desolate island of the coast of the mainland filled with forests. I was taking my regular trip home from work, whic was at a small car-wash place. The path was enclosed by black cottonwood trees. I was about halfway there when my car broke down. It was getting really dark, and my phone never had connection in that area. I got out of my car and immediately was hit by a horrifying sight. There was a dead sheep on the ground Strange, I thought. Although I don’t remember the exact details, I’m pretty sure the sheeps body was broken and twisted. Blood oozed out from a huge gap in its side. I walked a couple of miles toward home, until I was tired a sat down to rest. Then I heard the sounds. It was like the clinkling of chains or wine glasses, except the sound was echoing through the woods. I froze. The memories are fuzzy, but I remember seeing a man. He was exceptionally tall, and was dressed in a a few torn strips of ragged clothes. And ther was another big difference: he had antlers. The creature’s head kept shivering, and he kept coming closer. That was the most horrifying moment in my life. It came closer and closer until I fainted from fear.

That happened about 5 years ago. I woke up to find myself in the hospital with a scar on my neck. When I asked what happened to my wife, she didn’t say anything (still to this day). I don’t know what happened out there, or why that creature let me go. Was it the devil? Or was it an evil creature from an old native american legend? Previously, I’ve been afraid to tell anyone who didn’t know. But now, I think the creature has left. I still go to work and drive home safely. Please, tell me what you guys think it is in the comments below.

Please ask your wife to tell you what happened. Then tell us what she said :)

Perhaps it was the Wendigo/Windigo?

Wendigo-257x300.jpg

Celebrating my 4000th post!
:beer:

Hello! This is my first post and I had encounter with a strange being-definitely not human. I’ve never had an experience like this before, so please, listen to me. You see, I live in a small city named Mekoryuk in Alaska. It is located on a desolate island of the coast of the mainland filled with forests. I was taking my regular trip home from work, whic was at a small car-wash place. The path was enclosed by black cottonwood trees. I was about halfway there when my car broke down. It was getting really dark, and my phone never had connection in that area. I got out of my car and immediately was hit by a horrifying sight. There was a dead sheep on the ground Strange, I thought. Although I don’t remember the exact details, I’m pretty sure the sheeps body was broken and twisted. Blood oozed out from a huge gap in its side. I walked a couple of miles toward home, until I was tired a sat down to rest. Then I heard the sounds. It was like the clinkling of chains or wine glasses, except the sound was echoing through the woods. I froze. The memories are fuzzy, but I remember seeing a man. He was exceptionally tall, and was dressed in a a few torn strips of ragged clothes. And ther was another big difference: he had antlers. The creature’s head kept shivering, and he kept coming closer. That was the most horrifying moment in my life. It came closer and closer until I fainted from fear.

That happened about 5 years ago. I woke up to find myself in the hospital with a scar on my neck. When I asked what happened to my wife, she didn’t say anything (still to this day). I don’t know what happened out there, or why that creature let me go. Was it the devil? Or was it an evil creature from an old native american legend? Previously, I’ve been afraid to tell anyone who didn’t know. But now, I think the creature has left. I still go to work and drive home safely. Please, tell me what you guys think it is in the comments below.

Welcome!

How were you found and transported to the hospital?

Was it your wife who did this? If not, she might not know any details (except second-hand), and your best bet would be to seek info from either the party who discovered you, the party who transported you, or your record at the hospital.

What time of year did this occur?

How were you found and transported to the hospital?

Was it your wife who did this? If not, she might not know any details (except second-hand), and your best bet would be to seek info from either the party who discovered you, the party who transported you, or your record at the hospital.

What time of year did this occur?
Of course my wife didn't do this! She's a respectable person, and would never do anything like this to me...
According to the medical staff, I was found unconscious on the path after I didn't return home or answer calls.
Checking the medical record sounds like a good idea, although one of the medical staff said there wasn't much more available info.

This occurred in January.

Thanks for the additional info.

In January the mean daily temperature on Nunivak is frigid: -16.2 F / -28.8 C.

Could you have been suffering from hypothermia before you blacked out?

I wanted to ask about the sheep ... Do people keep sheep on Nunivak? I couldn't locate any confirmation that sheep are to be found there.

I also wanted to ask about the general background to the scenario. Mekoryuk (population circa 200) seems to be the only permanent settlement on Nunivak, and the only area where developed roads appear on the satellite imagery.

You mentioned driving home from a car wash facility. Am I correct in thinking the car wash is in 'downtown' Mekoryuk, and your home is somewhere outside the main settlement area?

I wanted to ask about the sheep ... Do people keep sheep on Nunivak? I couldn't locate any confirmation that sheep are to be found there.

I also wanted to ask about the general background to the scenario. Mekoryuk (population circa 200) seems to be the only permanent settlement on Nunivak, and the only area where developed roads appear on the satellite imagery.

You mentioned driving home from a car wash facility. Am I correct in thinking the car wash is in 'downtown' Mekoryuk, and your home is somewhere outside the main settlement area?
Yes, there are small farms containing reindeer and sheep in Mekoryuk. An escaped one (probably due to poor containment) was dead on the street that day. The road that I take home is a quite undeveloped road, with bumps no fences. And yes, I live in the outskirts of Mekoryuk, therefore having to take the road to work.

You says there are cottonwood trees on the island. According to the Wikipedia page, the highest trees on the island are dwarf willow trees which reach maximum 1.2 meters in height.

Can you remember what had been going on prior to your encounter? Any stress in your life? Perhaps something as basic as whether it had been a particularly busy day at work at the car wash - how did it compare to a normal shift?

Is there any level of shared contemporary mythology regarding antlered humans, in North America?

As a Brit, I remember have watched the MTV music video to Fall Out Boy's track "Sugar, we're going down" (from 'Under the Cork Tree' in 2005) and could not decide whether it was simply a highly-ideosyncratic satire on diversity and exclusion, or somehow a joined-up FOAF ostensional pitch regarding folklore on human/deer hybrids

During my brief experiences over on the east side of the continent (into Arctic Canada and somewhat further south) I did see a few things done by the Native Americans / aboriginal peoples that (to me, as an outsider, anyway) sometimes ranged from surprising to being almost-terrifying, and that was even with the benefit of expectation & context (usually). .

Although I wonder why he (it was clearly a he) was acting so strange that day
I don't want to be accused of racism at all, please, but the level of alcohol abuse I saw displayed amongst many Native Americans in remote parts of Canada (or, the results/behaviours arising therefrom) was astounding. I've no idea if their western indigenous cousins in Alaska would act in a similar way, on occasion.

But if there is any group tendancy for this level of alcohol/other intoxication to occur, and this antler-man was indeed a Maskette person in ritual mode, then I would not to be surprised by anything that he might've done, in an encounter.

You says there are cottonwood trees on the island. According to the Wikipedia page, the highest trees on the island are dwarf willow trees which reach maximum 1.2 meters in height.
About 70 years ago, locals planted black cottonwood trees along a stream in order to preserve wildlife and beauty. I don't know why wikipedia doesn't holds this info yet.

James:

Did anyone else mention the sheep carcass at your abandoned vehicle's location afterward? In other words, was there anything (even just a passing mention) later to confirm there'd been a dead sheep where you'd left your vehicle?

Is it possible you ran over the sheep, and this shocked you into a progressively apprehensive state of mind?

One more follow-up issue ... Once you left the hospital, did you ever find out why your vehicle broke down?

About 70 years ago, locals planted black cottonwood trees along a stream in order to preserve wildlife and beauty. I don't know why wikipedia doesn't holds this info yet.
HI. I've been following this post for a while, because I visited Nunivak a couple of months ago and yes, there is a stand of fully grown cottonwood trees along the side of a river. I just wanted to clarify :)

HI. I've been following this post for a while, because I visited Nunivak a couple of months ago and yes, there is a stand of fully grown cottonwood trees along the side of a river. I just wanted to clarify :)

Thanks for the clarification ... This issue of the trees' height had confused me, too. James' description of the environment didn't seem to mesh with the 'travelogue' description of the island's trees as all being dwarfish / stunted.

What's confusing me is how an island with a population of 200 souls, give or take, can sustain a car wash business. This site reckons there were somewhere between 36 and 62 cars registered on Mekoryuk in 2016, which intuitively seems about right for that size population (the same site suggests there were between 63 and 87 households in that same year).

What's confusing me is how an island with a population of 200 souls, give or take, can sustain a car wash business. This site reckons there were somewhere between 36 and 62 cars registered on Mekoryuk in 2016, which intuitively seems about right for that size population (the same site suggests there were between 63 and 87 households in that same year).
Obviously there's a car wash business! However, our's is small and only provides washes by hand for the few people who have cars (including me).

Give me a link to a site with this information.

In the first post there's cottonwood trees along the path of the road, now you are saying it's along a river. I call bullshit, and Jackie Jones is Willyard James.

Last edited:
With my sceptical trousers on, it reads like a work of fiction. Not much detail, car breaks down just by a dead sheep, no mention of rescue, how long you were out there in the cold. And how would your wife know anything when she wasn't there?

Obviously there's a car wash business! However, our's is small and only provides washes by hand for the few people who have cars (including me).
I have to say I didn't think you'd do much business with the people who don't have cars :) To be serious, though, how much custom do you get? If that ballpark figure of 36-62 cars on the island is about right (is it?), I just don't get how a car wash business could possibly turn a profit.

Thanks for the clarification ... This issue of the trees' height had confused me, too. James' description of the environment didn't seem to mesh with the 'travelogue' description of the island's trees as all being dwarfish / stunted.
Nunivak Island has changed in since 2000. The environment has quickly adapted to the black cottonwood

You see, I live in a small city named Mekoryuk in Alaska.

You say this all took place five years ago. Are you still in Alaska today? If so, I have friends who live not far from you.

Give me a link to a site with this information.

In the first post there's cottonwood trees along the path of the road, now you are saying it's along a river. I call bullshit, and Jackie Jones is Willyard James.

Your Spidey-senses are very sharp.

I'm calling time on this. We have a fictional or fictionalised account and then two accounts posting from the same location (not in Alaska). My enquiries are met with a claim that Jackie Jones and Willyard James are cousins, but then when I spring a third ID at that address (Grant Jonathan, posting elsewhere), communication ceases.

Thread locked to prevent further speculation. All three accounts on a 24hr countdown to deletion. If I receive a plausible explanation by direct message as to why I am incorrect, play will resume at this time tomorrow and apologies will be issued.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back