• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fake NASA Videos From ISS (Green Screen)

McAvennie

Justified & Ancient
Ran into a NASA sub-conspiracy that footage sent from the ISS is filmed on earth via green screen. Gravity fails, etc... Some of it is pretty convincing, some of it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Sorry, you'll need TikTok...

Video claims to show the harness visible on the astronaut's trousers as he spins in anti-gravity. Joke made about the vertical hairspray held hair of the female astronaut, which moves solidly en masse when she tilts her head, rather than flowing naturally. Though she does have a necklace that appears to float.

Other instances seemingly showing harnessed, even one where the harness clearly gives and the astronaut crashes to the ground.

Astronaut drops something and it doesn't float. Though the string it is attached to does seem to.

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8xRfNer/

There are other examples, including an astronaut disappearing into thin air as he passed through a door, but before he has actually entered the door.

Also of UK astronaut Tim Peake seemingly caught on a monitor in the background infront of a green screen set-up that correlates with released footage of him with an IS S background.

This is a well-established line of intriguing enquiry that I've been only too aware of for years. Documented historic depictions with overt inconsistencies in their substance.

I attempt some level of reconciliation (on a personal level) regarding this type of detected anomaly.

My paradigm-protecting attitude towards it is, if we can so easily detect flaws in the recorded imagery associated with some of humanity's major achievements & challenges, then we must interpret such a presence of perceptable 'gaps in the scenery' as proof that everything we are being presented with by those in authority has to be fundamentally-true.

And any additional imagery...being produced to order, is being done because... the actual/in-situ versions don't look so good (or realistic)...

Hmm...perhaps I need to re-convince myself regarding this fragile self-generated counter-bluff (one of my personal maxims is "if I am ever being lied to, I insist that the lie is entirely-convincing")

Last edited:
the vertical hairspray held hair of the female astronaut, which moves solidly en masse when she tilts her head, rather than flowing naturally. Though she does have a necklace that appears to float.
Well, if her necklace floats, she is in microgravity, and the stiffness of her hair is natural stiffness. Micrograv is an entirely different environment to anything we are used to, and things look different there. And these idiots see a harness; I see a belt - some of the astronauts like to wear belts, perhaps to stop their shirts flapping about and revealing microgravity bellybuttons.

I fail to see how any amount of greenscreen could replicate the water globule experiments, or the curious T-handle rotation phenomenon (which was an unexpected discovery).

I would go so far as to say that NASA never fake anything, and have never been shown to do so.

All instances I have seen of fakery, simulations or mock-ups have either been clearly labelled as such, or produced by some other party, such as a privately-produced book or documentary, or a private space company (which are increasingly common nowadays) who are not publicly funded so are not held to the same high standard. All NASA's results, photos and film clips are used by scientists and private companies worldwide, so are required to be accurate.

Here's more about the 'green screen' event with Tim Peake. It wasn't even a green screen, but a blue cloth with a grid on it to give scale.
iss-green-screen.jpg

UK astronaut Tim Peake seemingly caught on a monitor in the background infront of a green screen set-up that correlates with released footage of him with an ISS background.
Except they don't correlate. Here is the image put forward by conspiracy theorists that is supposed to show two 'correlating' demonstrations;
RYtdvrC.jpg

Spooky, huh?
Except that they show two different demonstrations. The first one has Tim Peake holding a green ball on a string, and the second one has him holding a greenish metallic gyroscope filmed on a different occasion. The backgrounds are different on each occasion; Peak has strung up a blue grid-pattern for one video, and an ESA flag for the other.

The first one is shown in full here

-----------------------------------
and the second one is here

Note as well that Tim is wearing a watch in the second video but not in the first.

I am not sure whether ESA or the Russian space agency ever use simulations or photoshop instead of real footage, but NASA doesn't, and in any case this is not a fake by ESA but a mistake by a dim-witted conspiracist.

Last edited:
Back