• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fashion & Clothing: Follies, Fads & Social Norms

Men: Flaunt your fluidity, disrupt toxic gender stereotypes and expose yourself to charges of lethal gullibility by buying and wearing this Gucci frock. Alternatively, don it and enjoy this year's Halloween as Little Orphan Annie.

FULL STORY: https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/04/gucc...disrupt-toxic-stereotypes-of-gender-13368618/
Pfft, David Bowie got there first as usual. When interviewed back in the early '70s about some apparent cross-dressing incident he said 'I don't know what the fuss was about. They were men's dresses.'

Grab your pimp hats and let's paint the town red!

FB_IMG_1603108780863.jpg

The puffball skirt.

Sad in the Fifties:

iu

Sad even on a beauty like Diana:

iu

- So, obviously, it's back:

iu

Legs like rickety crickets' required.

:dunno:

maximus otter

Looks like the latest fashions that are oddly not going to catch on

(But probably 70s joy)

But they make perfect projects for covid lock-down days!
And since you're staying indoors, no need to wear them in public!

My Facebook page was being bombarded with ads for 'top lengtheners'. They looked nice so I made one in a fetching leopardskin jersey fabric.
My bum is now all Bet Lynched up.

The funny thing is that I thought they must be a new thing but they've been around for about ten years.

Does being all Bet Lynched up include clenching a cigarette holder and Woodbine? Now that would be a sight to behold!

The funny thing is that I thought they must be a new thing but they've been around for about ten years.

first time I've heard of them! Although I do have leggings where a similar pelmet is built in.

Please tell me this is Photoshop: ...

OK - It's PhotoShop ...
They're both PhotoShop ...
They're both from 2016 presentations at phil-are-go.blogspot.com - a venerable blog specializing in graphic manipulation and weirdness.

https://phil-are-go.blogspot.com/2016/12/sears-trouser-legs.html
https://phil-are-go.blogspot.com/2016/03/sears-high-waisters-1970.html

The High Waisters were so popular and widely disseminated on the 'Net that the blogger(s) added a disclaimer:

UPDATE: Due to a flood of two comments demanding to know if this is real, we have decided to post the original ad. We choose to interpret this not so much as a testament to the workmanship of the Phil Are GO! Graphic Blandishment and Photoshoppery Brigade (those guys already strut around like they own the place), but rather that people are prepared to believe almost any dopey clothing trend from The Seventies.

Perhaps this isn't a new kind of garment, but I've never encountered it before.

The Turtle-Neck Sleeve-Scarf (really).

Ep0YHH4VQAA95Gr.jpeg.jpg
5536146712_6_1_1.jpg
5536146712_1_1_1.jpg

I can see the turtle-neck sleeve-scarf as a handy item in one's wardrobe, because it would allow one to comfortably wear a short-sleeved or summer-weight shirt / blouse / top in colder weather without having to wear a full sweater (jacket; whatever ...) just to cover one's arms.

Bit niche but clever idea. This wont flop about

The first comment I read: "Finally a garment for all us women with cold arms and hot t**s."

I hope this was a joke.

Back