Fashion & Clothing: Follies, Fads & Social Norms

If you are a multi-millionaire beknighted F1 driver, what do you wear?
Anything you damn well please, apparently.
(and these 5 pics are not the worst I have seen him wearing!)

1690536352172.png

Ahhh but she is very beautiful and kind to animals.
Meh. Debateable. There is no proof for that. She is averagely pretty. But then so would I be if I was a multi-millionaire who inherited my fortune and had never done a days work in my life.
However, her clothing/attire does prove that she is an imbecile.

Meh. Debateable. There is no proof for that. She is averagely pretty. But then so would I be if I was a multi-millionaire who inherited my fortune and had never done a days work in my life.
However, her clothing/attire does prove that she is an imbecile.
Well being worth about $300 million dollars, she can dress as she pleases.
She is also a big softie and I like her, she has matured and now has a baby.
But I can't figure out why she put those clodhoppers on, guess she needs publicity!

View attachment 68203
It would have to be a very tidy sum to.,
Back in the day kids wore clothes just like their parents, they looked just like small versions of their parents.

I don't give two hoots about fashion, but working on a University campus I get plenty of exposure to what's 'In' from the undergraduates. My current bugbear is the amount of 'leisure wear' in which they like to parade. Honestly, when you can conduct a gynaecological examination on a stranger from 6 feet away, that really suggests that their clothing is a little too tight. And how can being covered in that many man-made fabrics be comfortable? I'm a big fan of cotton and linen myself - but having been in Florida, I was amazed at how many people thought that a tight-fitting sleeveless shortie playsuit thing was a good look for a theme park.

Just tell me I'm a dinosaur, I know it's true.

I don't give two hoots about fashion, but working on a University campus I get plenty of exposure to what's 'In' from the undergraduates. My current bugbear is the amount of 'leisure wear' in which they like to parade. Honestly, when you can conduct a gynaecological examination on a stranger from 6 feet away, that really suggests that their clothing is a little too tight. And how can being covered in that many man-made fabrics be comfortable? I'm a big fan of cotton and linen myself - but having been in Florida, I was amazed at how many people thought that a tight-fitting sleeveless shortie playsuit thing was a good look for a theme park.

Just tell me I'm a dinosaur, I know it's true.
No, you're right - I am constantly amazed at the clothing worn by young women now. Looks like stuffed sausages to me everywhere I look. LOL!

View attachment 68203
LH's #3 look is very reminiscent of the Nepalese Granny aesthetic I am used to seeing when in Kathmandu - or Aldershot any time the temperature dips below a nippy 23c (Kurta Surwal trouser suit, woolly cardie & trainers). Just needs a wooly beanie hat or shawl and it's spot on!

6274.jpg

Photograph: Alicia Canter/The Guardian from article : https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...be-lifted-hampshire-town-is-happiest-uk-place

I'm wearing a shirt today that is a bit louder than usual. On my way to work I was complimented on it by a guy on a bike. One who himself was dressed oddly enough that someone else there went "What the hell was that?". I remember a purple hat and leopard-spotted trousers.

I'm wearing a shirt today that is a bit louder than usual. On my way to work I was complimented on it by a guy on a bike. One who himself was dressed oddly enough that someone else there went "What the hell was that?". I remember a purple hat and leopard-spotted trousers.
I think there should be a special day for this - i.e., 'Loud Clothes Day' - specifically aimed at men.

Back