• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fear As a Medium

A

Anonymous

Is there a possibility that the latest message from Osoma bin Laden is in fact made in Americia by the at his moment in power goverment,computers can re-create almost any interface(if you get my drift)
It would sute the Bush regeme verry well, in order to put the on the assumption that by fear they can win over the undesided voters.
Bill.

That was my first thought as well. The speech, with its bombastic and cliched rhetoric of "streets running red with blood", seemed to me almost as if it had been penned by a Hollywood scriptwriter for the over-the-top evil villain in an Arnie flick.

Probably just knee-jerk paranoia, though.

He just watched farhenhite(sp) 911, also I don't think Bush would put this out, because it helps Kerry's case. As in "Bush has had three years to catch him, and I will do it sooner, and so on." jmho

graylien said:
That was my first thought as well. The speech, with its bombastic and cliched rhetoric of "streets running red with blood", seemed to me almost as if it had been penned by a Hollywood scriptwriter for the over-the-top evil villain in an Arnie flick.

Probably just knee-jerk paranoia, though.
From what I've read of the translation, if it had been made up of cut up pieces of digitally manipulated material, taken from previous speeches by Osama 'Holy Terrorist Kiddyfiddler In-Chief' Bin Laden, it would have made about as much sense.

If they could digitally insert Oliver Reed into 'Gladiator' they could certainly fake a muppet-like Bin Laden.

However, the "streets running red with blood" stuff is pretty much cliché ridden par for the course when it comes to fundie loonie ideologues, as anybody who has heard the late, English politico, Enoch Powell's infamous, "Rivers of Blood" speech (1969), could testify.

WAG THE DOG

Wag The Dog:a film/video/dvd with Robert de Niro and Dustin Hoffmann( political satire)well worth seing,tells it like it is?
Bill.

Fear... #ProjectFear... Is it really the case that governments constantly find a new 'bogey man' to keep the populace in constant fear? It certainly seems to be an easily traceable list of great threats to us back over just my life time and through a Western prism. I presume that same can be done in other cultures and timeframes...

Coronavirus
Brexit
Immigrants
Islamic terrorism
Climate change
The IRA
AIDS
Communism
Nuclear War
UFO invasion
The Germans
etc etc...

Fear... #ProjectFear... Is it really the case that governments constantly find a new 'bogey man' to keep the populace in constant fear? It certainly seems to be an easily traceable list of great threats to us back over just my life time and through a Western prism. I presume that same can be done in other cultures and timeframes...

Coronavirus
Brexit
Immigrants
Islamic terrorism
Climate change
The IRA
AIDS
Communism
Nuclear War
UFO invasion
The Germans
etc etc...

By your logic we just ignore everything. Hide under the bed, let other people do what they want to do.

But without us taking this shit seriously then maybe bad shit would'nt have happened?

Corno - look at this clusterfuck and it kills people across the age spectrum.

Brexit - it's not even started yet.

Immigrants - we like it when they clean our loos but we don't want them to practice their religion.

Climate Change - are you living in a bubble?

UFO invasion? - We never spent much council tax on that and I've no idea what you are on about.

The Germans - yeah we had a war and lots of us and them died too. They put people in ovens - but don't do it anymore because they listened to people and ditched their mentally ill royal family and aggressive stupidity. We did that by sending our kids to kill them - that's why we improved health, education, housing, etc because men who returned said things had to change.

AIDS - try living in Africa - rather than France.

Nuclear war - India and Pakistan anyone? These 2 countries are hostile to each other.

The rest - I can't be bothered.

This is why we vote in governments who send diplomats to stop the whole world burning down.

I wonder that there is a virus that strikes comfortable middle-aged people and turns them into daily mail readers and stops their critical thinking.

Last edited:
I'm not actually really sure what the question/accusation/mystery/point is.

Do bad things exist?

I think we can tick that box.

Do people sometimes use the fact that bad things exist as leverage to get what they want?

Yup - that one too.

Do people sometimes frame things that aren't necessarily bad things as bad things in order to be used as leverage to get what they want?

Fuck yeah.

And back to:

Do bad things exist?

Yes - the previous two statements do not undermine that very simple truth one iota - and therefore, generally speaking, and if at all possible, we kind of have to try and do something about them.

I'm not actually really sure what the question/accusation/mystery/point is.

Do bad things exist?

I think we can tick that box.

Do people sometimes use the fact that bad things exist as leverage to get what they want?

Yup - that one too.

Do people sometimes frame things that aren't necessarily bad things as bad things in order to be used as leverage to get what they want?

Fuck yeah.

And back to:

Do bad things exist?

Yes - the previous two statements do not undermine that very simple truth one iota - and therefore, generally speaking, and if at all possible, we kind of have to try and do something about them.

Yeah, that was my point we support robust government that is respected around the world that keeps a lid on stuff.

Back