• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Festive Forteana

lee

Junior Acolyte
A game for the ladies to play through face book. I joined in last year and it went rather well.
ELF ON A SHELF......
has anyone on here taken part?

A game for the ladies to play through face book. I joined in last year and it went rather well.
ELF ON A SHELF......
has anyone on here taken part?
You'll have to explain that...

Well basically some of the ladies put forth posts advertising a game called "elf on a shelf" it was aimed at friends who are single. If you answered yes....you placed an elf among your Christmas decks and said elf would take on the Christmas spirit and you'd get assistance with all your festive preparations.
So I thought that would be nice and useful. At the time I was awaiting a washing machine repair and I called to check and the adviser was all chatty etc and in the wait we spoke of elf on a shelf and we made agreement for him to try a scottish christmas, he'd be my elf. I called from Scotland, the guy was in the home counties south east England. All freindly stuff vetted by trusted freinds...and what happens is a ming men/ghost marriage and you treat each other really well for the holiday. Mine was very helpful with physical tasks, stress, shopping, making decisions. I'd never had an elf before, but you have to watch out because if you get a good elf...other ladies will try to steal your elf or swap him for a naughty one. There's plenty of elves for everyone. Mine was stolen inside of ten minutes....But I got him back and found a way to protect him from theft.
It was good fun. If you get a good one you keep quiet and get him again the next year. Unless he says no, or is no longer single.

Well basically some of the ladies put forth posts advertising a game called "elf on a shelf" it was aimed at friends who are single. If you answered yes....you placed an elf among your Christmas decks and said elf would take on the Christmas spirit and you'd get assistance with all your festive preparations.
So I thought that would be nice and useful. At the time I was awaiting a washing machine repair and I called to check and the adviser was all chatty etc and in the wait we spoke of elf on a shelf and we made agreement for him to try a scottish christmas, he'd be my elf. I called from Scotland, the guy was in the home counties south east England. All freindly stuff vetted by trusted freinds...and what happens is a ming men/ghost marriage and you treat each other really well for the holiday. Mine was very helpful with physical tasks, stress, shopping, making decisions. I'd never had an elf before, but you have to watch out because if you get a good elf...other ladies will try to steal your elf or swap him for a naughty one. There's plenty of elves for everyone. Mine was stolen inside of ten minutes....But I got him back and found a way to protect him from theft.
It was good fun. If you get a good one you keep quiet and get him again the next year. Unless he says no, or is no longer single.
Huh. Well you live and learn. Thank you for explaining that.

Reactions: lee
Must be a late bloomer myself...I only heard of it last year but apparently it's been going long enough to become tradition.

Back