• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fifty Shades Of Greys

Saucerian

Better not touch the hull pal, it's still hot.
I did two searches of the book Fifty Shades of Greys, and its author, Raymond Szymanski, and got zero results.

Could there have been any discussion of this book, which my searches were not worded correctly to find, or is this book a New Topic for this message board?

I have met Mr. Szymanski, and heard him lecture, and while he is serious in his UFOlogy, he also has a good sense of humor about the subject.

I have just been wondering if anyone else here on the board had read Fifty Shades of Greys?

I

I haven't read the book, but there seems a marked disparity between the reviews on Amazon.co.uk and those on Amazon.com.

I suppose calling your book Fifty Shades of Greys is a lot like calling it Gone Girls or The Girl on the Trains. i.e. next to impossible to find with a search engine.

I am going to check out the reviews on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com and see how they differ.

In doing some net searches on the title, "Fifty Shades of Greys," I found many listings, with Mr. Szymanski's book being the proverbial needle in the haystack.

However, when searching for Fifty Shades of Greys by Raymond Szymanski, I had no trouble finding reviews of his book.

It's been awhile since I've read reviews of the book, so hopefully I'll find some new things, and will give my own description of the book.

Bad Bungle wrote:

I haven't read the book, but there seems a marked disparity between the reviews on Amazon.co.uk and those on Amazon.com.

Bad Bungle, thanks for calling to my attention the disparity between the US Amazon reviews and the Amazon.co.uk reviews, which I did check out, and noted that the UK version began with 2 reviews not included in the US version.

For those who want to compare the two different Amazon review pages, here are the links:

Amazon US

https://www.amazon.com/Fifty-Shades-Greys-Extraterrestrial-Wright-Patterson/dp/1523383178

Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fifty-Shad...ond+szymanski&qid=1554483959&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I've read quite a few ufo books in my day but never heard of that one or the author....but I will ck out the links.
I did read the link reviews....sounds interesting but I'm betting at the end nothing really turns up...after years of reading these books one gets a bit jaded. If I could find a cheaper copy used I might buy it otherwise....
btw...Saucerian....what was the authors conclusions at the end of his book? Did he have any new insights?

I would tend to agree with you, dr wu, that nothing really turns up, as far as the author having any real answers or solutions to the mystery of UFOs.

I did like reading his experiences at Wright Patterson AFB, and meeting people involved in past UFO incidents, such as people in Exeter, NH, and Travis Walton.

He didn't promise any great revelations or solutions to the mystery of UFOs, as some writers do, and put forth their often wildly far-fetched solutions, so I was not disappointed with the book, and did find it worth reading, and getting to meet Mr. Szymanski in person.

Also, as far as investing a lot of money in UFO books, I fully appreciate your reluctance to do so.

A lot of my UFO books were bought at used book stores.

Heh there.....
what are your thoughts on the idea that people see 'greys' because it's related to embryo physiognomy?
:big eyes, bald head, thin frail tiny body, etc.

Heh there.....
what are your thoughts on the idea that people see 'greys' because it's related to embryo physiognomy?
:big eyes, bald head, thin frail tiny body, etc.

That's one question that I have given some thought to but have never come up with any definite answers.

It was on April 30th, just a few days ago, that Raymond Szymanski, author of Fifty Shades of Greys, made his third annual lecture visit to a local county library in my area.

Since it was at 10:00 AM rather than the later afternoon, as with the first two lectures, I had to miss this one due to taking care of my own business.

But, I am still hoping to see Mr. Szymanski again in the future. I don't think that the local press has given much, if any coverage to Mr. Szymanski's 3 local lectures, but I will do some net searches, and also ask the librarians if there has been any press coverage of his tour route.

When I did see him in the past, he was headed to other destinations in the following days.

^Is that a tour in England..? Do you now if he is going to do any visits in the US?

I thought that this could explain some cases but not all.

I'll agree with you on that, dr wu. I don't believe that the "baby," or "fetus" (memories?) could explain all alien (or grey)
reports, but possibly some.

I don't think One Explanation is going to Cover All Cases.

^Is that a tour in England..? Do you now if he is going to do any visits in the US?

Dr Wu, I think I'm a "Yank" (American as the term was used in Daniel Fry's discussion with the aliens in his White Sands story), so I'm not familiar with just how extensive Ray's touring is. Maybe a net search would reveal just how far he has traveled in promoting his book, and lecturing on UFOs in general. I think the first time I met him, he said his next destination was a UFO conference in the USA.

In the book, he does mention various conferences he has attended in different places, sponsored by different UFO groups. I'll check and see just what the location of those conferences are.

From the 2 Facebook references, he is at least known in the UK, although what those reviewers found possibly offensive? would probably not be understood by the average Yank in the USA.

It's kind of like the 1969 film, The Best House in London, which American film critic Leonard Maltin rated as a BOMB. But studying reviews by UK ers, the film was seen as a satire? on authors such as Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde, as well as social conditions in Victorian days, which the average Yank might not know enough about to appreciate.

I mention that film since it has some content of interest to UFOlogists from any part of our planet, specifically in that it shows the development of flying machines opening with a trip on a hot air balloon and ending with the voyage of an airship from London to Paris.

Those of us who have studied the history of UFO reports over the centuries are familiar with the early days of airships, and the "flaps" of reports of such machines, world wide, the reason I mentioned that film, along with different perspectives of UKers and Yanks.

Dr Wu, I think I'm a "Yank" (American as the term was used in Daniel Fry's discussion with the aliens in his White Sands story), so I'm not familiar with just how extensive Ray's touring is. Maybe a net search would reveal just how far he has traveled in promoting his book, and lecturing on UFOs in general. I think the first time I met him, he said his next destination was a UFO conference in the USA.

In the book, he does mention various conferences he has attended in different places, sponsored by different UFO groups. I'll check and see just what the location of those conferences are.

From the 2 Facebook references, he is at least known in the UK, although what those reviewers found possibly offensive? would probably not be understood by the average Yank in the USA.

It's kind of like the 1969 film, The Best House in London, which American film critic Leonard Maltin rated as a BOMB. But studying reviews by UK ers, the film was seen as a satire? on authors such as Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde, as well as social conditions in Victorian days, which the average Yank might not know enough about to appreciate.

I mention that film since it has some content of interest to UFOlogists from any part of our planet, specifically in that it shows the development of flying machines opening with a trip on a hot air balloon and ending with the voyage of an airship from London to Paris.

Those of us who have studied the history of UFO reports over the centuries are familiar with the early days of airships, and the "flaps" of reports of such machines, world wide, the reason I mentioned that film, along with different perspectives of UKers and Yanks.
Ok...I'm an American, in Indiana......just so you know. If he comes around this way I would certainly go listen.

Glad to know you live in the USA. That might increase your chances to get to hear Ray lecture and meet him in person.

From talking to him, he did not seem familiar with John Keel, and other UFO students who reject the "nuts and bolts" explanation, or the 1950s, but UFOlogy is such a vast subject, no one is going to know everyting, and Ray is quite well versed in his own niche in UFOlogy

It's a shame that some ufo researchers don't know more about the overall aspects of the ufo phenomena......having a general knowledge of all the sides is helpful.
I met Budd Hopkins once at a ufo seminar in Grand Rapids, Michigan and it was a bit disconcerting when I talked to him that he was so poorly informed about many of the stranger cases and the whole area of Dr Vallee, John Keel. and others who had looked into alternate ideas.
He said he only was basically interested in 'alien abduction cases'.....and that was what he read and knew about. I was amazed that he was so ill informed overall.

Ddr wu, this is what Ray told me, by email about his near future travel schedule:

After the North Myrtle Beach I gave a talk in Mooresville, NC, on 11 May.

Upcoming talks: 11 June, 6 pm. Troy library, Troy, Ohio
13 June, 5:30 pm, Bellbrook Library, Bellbrook, Ohio
8 July, 5:30 pm, Beavercreek Library, Beavercreek, Ohio
29 July, 5 pm, Fairborn Library, Fairborn, Ohio

I do travel if compensated for expenses. So if Dr Wu is part of a group that wishes to do so, pass my email to him if you please.

Best Regards,

Ray

If I could find someone to travel to Ohio with me...I would go but none of my friends are interested in the ufo enigma.
I don't currently belong to any ufo group.

Ddr wu, this is what Ray told me, by email about his near future travel schedule:

After the North Myrtle Beach I gave a talk in Mooresville, NC, on 11 May.

Upcoming talks: 11 June, 6 pm. Troy library, Troy, Ohio
13 June, 5:30 pm, Bellbrook Library, Bellbrook, Ohio
8 July, 5:30 pm, Beavercreek Library, Beavercreek, Ohio
29 July, 5 pm, Fairborn Library, Fairborn, Ohio

I do travel if compensated for expenses. So if Dr Wu is part of a group that wishes to do so, pass my email to him if you please.

Best Regards,

Ray
All those are near Dayton Ohio and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Back