Films That Would Not Get Made Today

SkepticalX

Devoted Cultist
I doubt Easy Rider would get remade. There are some movies that are so closely associated with a given point in time, they just wouldn't work anywhere else. Personally, I thought the movie was boring and stupid back then and, for me, it's gotten no better with age.

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
haha!it should be in the other thread of worst films ever made.A Frechman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing a Spaniard!I was going to say you couldnt write it, but somebody did!
Isn't Connery an ancient Egyptian, who, for some reason is dressed as a Spaniard? I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

Lizard King

Devoted Cultist
Not to digress to much but there was a case where a criminal {bank robber i think) was found to be psychotic and sent to a secure hospital instead of prison. He told the Psychiatrist he was Connor McLeod of the Clan McLeod etc and could only be killed by having his head cut off.There was no doubt for the Psychiatrist's mind until he sat down to watch some telly one night. After seeing Highlander for the first time the Doctor realised he had been duped and the prisoner was hurriedly re assessed and sent to prison.