• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FISH WITH LEGS

rossba1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I was thinking the other day about if i'd ever seen any strange creatures i couldn't identify. The only thing i do remember that ive never been able to identify was a fish seen on video. Those of you who know Edinburgh will have heard of and maybe been to "Our Dynamic Earth". Well if i recall correctly there is an underwater themed area that has a video stream of the deep sea. Probably recorded, very unlikely to be live. I saw on this a type of fish that had legs. It was clearly a fish but had two unmistakeable back legs that it used to walk on the ocean floor in front of the deep sea camera. Any ideas waht it could have been?

Thanks for the link but it definitely wasnt one of them. It's legs were like muscular frogs legs and they seemed to be where it's back fins should have been. Further back than on the gurnard. They didnt look like big fins but just like frogs legs

when i went to new orleans i visited, erm, the IMAX thatre, and they had a documentary about some team in thje galapagos islands, and one of the things they do is go for a submersible dive, and they found a few new creatures which are now somewhere in the smithsonian. one was a fish with legs.

Back