Flashes Of Light Outside Window

Just ban me, prove me right, time will prove me right as more come forward, and then you can give them more mundane explanations as that's what the general population does
Banning you will not prove you 'right'. All banning will prove is that you are seemingly incapable of interacting with anyone who holds a differing opinion without being either patronisingly dismissive or hyper-defensive.

I assure you, these displays of petulance towards people who are genuinely attempting to engage are gaining you absolutely no support for your theory, indeed if anything they're actively putting people off. If we do ban you, it will be nothing to do with your so-called 'truth', but everything to do with your apparent narcissism.

Whatever, we don't martyr people. We usually ban them for being arseholes.

O

Obliterating the ops experience

How so? By telling him the truth? The fact he never went away after being told it's heat lightening?

As long as he gets a mundane answer you sleep safe and sound at night, it doesn't work like that, that's why I signed up to talk to him directly, not you
You’ve transposed your event(s) & belief(s) on to the original poster. He doesn’t mention missing time, memory wiping, power outages, strange sounds or feeling tired in any of his posts.

His post was about mystery flashes - 3 of which over a 10 year period. Nobody has obliterated his experience.

Last edited:
@cjdelphi I don't understand why you won't answer my questions? I'm trying to engage with you!

Why is it aliens and not the Wild Hunt? And why do you see the Wild Hunt as mundane? At the time when it was thought to be a plausible explanation for light phenomena, weird noises, abductions, issues with time and the rest, it wasn't mundane. It was a terrifying supramundane event.

At this chronological distance it's even further out of the mundane!

Most people (especially here) will see aliens as possible, albeit with degrees of certainty ranging from "100% no other explanation can be discussed" (you) to "mathematically possible but, seriously, I have a bridge to sell you" (me). Which is as it should be in this place.

What gets people banned from here isn't the nature of their views, it's the way they discuss things. I'm concerned that we will lose you because of the way you interact. That would be a shame I think. Recently there was a terrific member who was in the 100% Aliens group. He was interesting, many of us stayed friends and in touch with him when he decided to concentrate his online time elsewhere. No way was he banned! I'm not alone in hoping he'll come back if his schedule shifts about again - feinnman you are missed! am I right @Swifty ?

So if you are eventually banned, please don't think it will be a believable badge of honour to boast about in other places around the net. This place and its culture are known. It'd be great, honestly, if you can stay. :oldm:

Thought it might be helpful if we could agree on a definition of mundane so from Oxford Languages at
https://languages.oup.com/google-dictionary-en/

1) lacking interest or excitement; dull. "his mundane, humdrum existence"

2) of this earthly world rather than a heavenly or spiritual one "according to the Shinto doctrine, spirits of the dead can act upon the mundane world".

Does that work for you @cjdelphi ?

@cjdelphi I don't understand why you won't answer my questions? I'm trying to engage with you!

Why is it aliens and not the Wild Hunt? And why do you see the Wild Hunt as mundane? At the time when it was thought to be a plausible explanation for light phenomena, weird noises, abductions, issues with time and the rest, it wasn't mundane. It was a terrifying supramundane event.

At this chronological distance it's even further out of the mundane!

Most people (especially here) will see aliens as possible, albeit with degrees of certainty ranging from "100% no other explanation can be discussed" (you) to "mathematically possible but, seriously, I have a bridge to sell you" (me). Which is as it should be in this place.

What gets people banned from here isn't the nature of their views, it's the way they discuss things. I'm concerned that we will lose you because of the way you interact. That would be a shame I think. Recently there was a terrific member who was in the 100% Aliens group. He was interesting, many of us stayed friends and in touch with him when he decided to concentrate his online time elsewhere. No way was he banned! I'm not alone in hoping he'll come back if his schedule shifts about again - feinnman you are missed! am I right @Swifty ?

So if you are eventually banned, please don't think it will be a believable badge of honour to boast about in other places around the net. This place and its culture are known. It'd be great, honestly, if you can stay. :oldm:
To add on to this great post (if I may, Frideswide) -

cjdelphi, you did not discuss any reasons why some of the alternative explanations were not fitting. Also, in your post regarding the sound recordings, you did not post what types of normal sounds exhibit multiple frequencies, and did not discuss if this was possible or not. You rejected any suggestions which differed from your interpretation, but offered no good evidence for this.

When you attack a person's credibility rather than the credibility of that poster's evidence, this is an ad hominem argument.
When you insist you are right because of your efforts, rather than because of the results of your efforts, this is narcissism.

This forum has some very intelligent and well-educated members, from a variety of disciplines. I have learned much from them - especially when they disagree with me.

Of all the light anomalies we see in the bedroom, late Friday night two very bright white light flashes occurred which appeared to have no immediately apparent source. (Sadly no alien probing - I asked Ms P to examine me carefully, but she politely declined). Pretty reminiscent of the effect produced by Police helicopters sweeping the area with their search lights (it's a rough area) but no helicopter sound albeit the road was still very busy.

This thread reminded me of a conversation I had with an old school friend a few of years ago. We knew each other at secondary school in the late 80s/early 90s. We lost touch until about 8 years ago when he found me on Facebook and we now meet up pretty regularly.

He asked me if I could remember him once telling about the weird light that shone into his bedroom. I clearly remembered us walking home from school towards the end of our secondary school years so around 91 or 92. He said he hadn’t slept well as the previous night as when he’d turned out his bedroom light and rolled on his side to look at the bedroom window a really bright light lit the curtains from outside.

He said it appeared to descend as the light angled in and became so bright he was squinting and shielding his eyes with his hand. It seemed to continue to descend as if it had dropped below bedroom window height and the light was now directed on the ceiling.

After quite a few seconds, with my friend now sat up in bed wondering what on earth this was, it went out. There’d been no noise at all. He ventured over to the window and saw nothing. He slept badly that night.

The only thing we thought it could be was some kind of parachute flare. Though they weren’t the type of thing you’d expect to float down into a back garden in a suburban area of a Derbyshire market town on a weeknight. It still strikes him as odd all these years later. He described it as being like a searchlight descending down into the back gardens.

When the alarm had gone off at 6am the other morning and the In House GP had departed for the bathroom, I was still in bed attempting to wake up when there was a single flash of white light through one of our bedroom windows.

Our bedroom is at the back of the house, looking over other people's gardens, and although there is a road at the end of those gardens, in 25 years of living here I have never been aware of car headlights being able to get as far as our back wall.

I felt as though the light had come from below - did briefly wonder if somebody with a torch had broken into our garden, but that would be pretty stupid, advertising your presence like that. My best guess is that one of the neighbours with dogs was out in their garden, looking for one of the said creatures - but again, I've never noticed anything like that before. Definitely goes into the 'weird' category.

This thread reminded me of a conversation I had with an old school friend a few of years ago. We knew each other at secondary school in the late 80s/early 90s. We lost touch until about 8 years ago when he found me on Facebook and we now meet up pretty regularly.

He asked me if I could remember him once telling about the weird light that shone into his bedroom. I clearly remembered us walking home from school towards the end of our secondary school years so around 91 or 92. He said he hadn’t slept well as the previous night as when he’d turned out his bedroom light and rolled on his side to look at the bedroom window a really bright light lit the curtains from outside.

He said it appeared to descend as the light angled in and became so bright he was squinting and shielding his eyes with his hand. It seemed to continue to descend as if it had dropped below bedroom window height and the light was now directed on the ceiling.

After quite a few seconds, with my friend now sat up in bed wondering what on earth this was, it went out. There’d been no noise at all. He ventured over to the window and saw nothing. He slept badly that night.

The only thing we thought it could be was some kind of parachute flare. Though they weren’t the type of thing you’d expect to float down into a back garden in a suburban area of a Derbyshire market town on a weeknight. It still strikes him as odd all these years later. He described it as being like a searchlight descending down into the back gardens.
Well Derbyshire is known for strange lights......
http://www.indigogroup.co.uk/edge/Peakland.htm

Where I live is quite a leafy area and a car some distance away actually can gets its lights coming up onto the trees from down the hill. This casts the lights onto our ceiling as it drives by. Any chance of this?

When the alarm had gone off at 6am the other morning and the In House GP had departed for the bathroom, I was still in bed attempting to wake up when there was a single flash of white light through one of our bedroom windows.

Our bedroom is at the back of the house, looking over other people's gardens, and although there is a road at the end of those gardens, in 25 years of living here I have never been aware of car headlights being able to get as far as our back wall.

I felt as though the light had come from below - did briefly wonder if somebody with a torch had broken into our garden, but that would be pretty stupid, advertising your presence like that. My best guess is that one of the neighbours with dogs was out in their garden, looking for one of the said creatures - but again, I've never noticed anything like that before. Definitely goes into the 'weird' category.
Might be from neighbours if they've installed a premises light which might have been triggered by something breaking the sensor beam, as they tend to flick on, and off all too easy sometimes?

I had a strange experience last night, 3.57am i woke up and looked at the time, rolled onto my back and closed my eyes to go back sleep.
Within a couple of seconds there was a flash of light, bright enough that with my eyes closed everything went orange/yellow for a second.
I opened my eyes to pitch black. I fully expected to hear thunder or something. No sound and nothing outside when i looked.

I had a strange experience last night, 3.57am i woke up and looked at the time, rolled onto my back and closed my eyes to go back sleep.
Within a couple of seconds there was a flash of light, bright enough that with my eyes closed everything went orange/yellow for a second.
I opened my eyes to pitch black. I fully expected to hear thunder or something. No sound and nothing outside when i looked.
Do you have a digital clock radio? Perhaps the light from that had briefly affected your retina somehow?

It’s not unknown to get a single flash of lightning with no thunder - I’ve seen it myself. Probably likeliest explanation but a bit odd that you woke up a matter of seconds before it happened. Response to a static build up?..

No clock, i looked at the time on my phone, not very bright and my eyes had been closed for couple of seconds at least.
I wondered for a second if putin had pressed the big red button!
It's possible that he did, we all died and we've all shifted into a parallel universe where it didn't happen. The Putin in this parallel universe may still be considering whether or not to do it.

It’s not unknown to get a single flash of lightning with no thunder - I’ve seen it myself. Probably likeliest explanation but a bit odd that you woke up a matter of seconds before it happened. Response to a static build up?..
It was odd, i rarely wake up in the night, which is why i checked the time to make sure i hadnt missed my alarm

It sounds like your eyes just readjusted to the darkness after you looked at the time or you interpreted some brain signal as a bright flash.

Exploding head syndrome is sometimes accompaned by a flash. I haven't had it occur recently but it nearly always happened.
Have you noticed an increase in the number of floaters or other changes to your sight?

Exploding head syndrome is sometimes accompaned by a flash. I haven't had it occur recently but it nearly always happened.
Have you noticed an increase in the number of floaters or other changes to your sight?
I used to get this a lot.......Flashes with and without noise accompanyment.

I went to have another nose at the video. There’s a weird dividing line at one point. I’ll put up the other pic so you can see there's no building or anything there. I suppose it could just be how my camera works.

Sorry I know this doesn’t help yours. Although I’m not that far away, I’m within the M25.
I saw a flash last year while I was parking up at home. No noise, I got it on my dash cam. (Not sure if this will share the pictures I posted or not. )

Edit- It didn’t put the pictures in the quote but you can see them if you use the arrow on the quote.

Last edited:
I don't think so, this was ridiculously bright.

At least 10 miles, no street lighting, no security lights
The reason I asked that question, is that I remember seeing night-time flashes caused by electric *shunting trains. I found this on internet .. it quotes that 'it is possible that the overhead lines of electric trains can cause arcing which can produce a bright flash. *The amount of arcing depends on how much load the train is drawing.'
So I would suggest, that distances that it would cover would be quite a number of miles - where night-time electric flashes are concerned.

Last edited:
The Southern Region multiple units using the 3rd rail for power also did that. I used to live about 2.7km from Chislehurst junction and would sometimes see a flash from that direction.

From Reddit. It seems a lot of people have experienced this.

I saw a camera flash. I was alone and in my laundry room.

This happened yesterday in the early afternoon and I was really freaked out. I was loading clothes into the dryer from the washer and there was a distinct camera flash. Almost like an old school super bright white/lightning flash. There was nobody else in the house and the window to my right had the blinds half open and there was nobody there. The next closest window was to my left in the kitchen and there was nobody there either. The weather was clear and sunny.

The flash lit the entire space I was in the same way a photo flash would. Same length of time you would expect from that same kind of flash. No light bulbs are burnt out and I cannot figure out where this came from.

https://reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/s/WtcEjhCY4r

Back