• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

fLeebLe goes to rennes-le-chateau

it was full of chavs and general scum, the centre had very poor offerings of shops and restaurants. we soon decided to leave the town and go off to sit in front of the mediterranean eating ice cream in the sun in a small town with a large templar castle in the middle of the sea front :). i can well believe that there are some nice things there, but when you are on a day trip it is awful. narbonne was a bit rough but it had a nice town centre with more diverse shops and restaurants than the much larger perpignan.

it was like a beautiful summers day when i went and the light in the conservatory was fantastic.

the opposite end of the conservatory

Wow fantastic. I reckon I could spend all day in there just lying on the floor looking up. I might get trampled slightly by tourists though.:(

it was full of chavs and general scum
Southern towns often seem like that. And I can totally understand you not wanting to be bothered. Not when the countryside and villages are instantly so much nicer.

As for the general scum - sadly many of them are Brits and Germans. The scummy druggy hippy - sort with dogs on bits of string.

Also - when you were down there - well it would be about the time that all sorts of ner - do - wells turn up for the start of the grape harvest.

We spend a fair bit of every summer swimming at Duilhac. It's a wonderful place. But always slightly spoilt by too many smelly hippies who turn up in their broken vans - always leaving their s*!t and rubbish.

Those sorts of nasty hippies are a problem everywhere nice. I have no doubt that most of them end up as bankers and salesman. Or dead.

Back