Flying Humanoid Entities & Figures

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Onix said:
I tried my best to stay away but I was perhaps too weak :D
Haha! No-one is strong enough to resist the lure of this place! 8)

Bannik

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Filthy le Dog said:
James H said:
TVgeek, that reminds me of a story of some Argentinian soldiers on night watch (this is in The Unexplained, for anyway who wants to check it out). They watched a naked, pure black woman with arms whose digits extended into bat wings fly past silently, glowing slightly green.
I thought it was US soldiers in Vietnam.

As far as floating entities go, THIS must be one of my faves, complete with multiple witnesses. Shame you don't hear about it much.
According to JerryB there were female flying entity cases in both Spain (which may be what James was thinking of) and Vietnam. (See here.)

Great find, Filthy. Alien robots in a suburban setting. It was meant to be.

Onix - Welcome back. I posted something in reply to your Remedios Varo post in the Paintings of Horror and Mystery thread (Fortean Culture) just now.

Onix_Martinez

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the nice welcome. I'll check your post Bannik :D

Graylien

As if!
Reaction score
Flying Humanoid over Los Angeles seen by Multiple Witnesses

Apparently this figure was seen hovering over a Los Angeles park on August 9, 2015. By a most fortuitous coincidence it was filmed by members of a local UFO research group who happened to be watching the skies at the time and had brought plenty of video and camera equipment along with them:

Obviously that's some kind of balloon (although Metro would like us to believe it's the Antichrist.) Still, it would be interesting to learn the full story behind it.

Incidentally, I can't believe it's ten years since I last discussed flying humanoids. Who knows where the time goes, as Fairport Convention so poignantly put it?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Michelin Man unleashed?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
It could be a Michelin Man balloon, yes.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Pilots report someone flying around LAX in a jetpack.
'Just passed a guy in a jetpack': sightings at Los Angeles airport fuel concern
Federal Aviation Administration and FBI investigate reports from airline crews

Guardian staff and agencies
Tue 1 Sep 2020 22.51 BST

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is investigating reports from airline pilots of someone flying a jetpack near Los Angeles international airport over the weekend.
“Two airline flight crews reported seeing what appeared to be someone in a jetpack as they were on their final approaches to LAX around 6:35pm PDT Sunday,” the FAA said in a statement on Tuesday, but did not elaborate further.

etc
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/01/jetpack-los-angeles-airport

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
Reaction score

Sharon Hill

Reaction score
This new incident reminds me both of the "Chicago mothman" flap that also often occurred near the airport and the whole Spring-heeled Jack idea. #JetPackJack
Can't wait to hear more about what they find but I suspect I won't...:wide:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Might be an inventor who didn't file a flight plan.

Sharon Hill

Reaction score
According to the two interviewers in the KTLA report above, this was obviously illegal but also super dangerous to be so close to LAX. There are limited suppliers of jet packs. One of the commenters noted that it's surprising that no one noticed the flight from the ground because jet packs are quite noisy.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
According to the two interviewers in the KTLA report above, this was obviously illegal but also super dangerous to be so close to LAX. There are limited suppliers of jet packs. One of the commenters noted that it's surprising that no one noticed the flight from the ground because jet packs are quite noisy.
With the noise of the aircraft, people might not have noticed the noise. But from what I've seen of jetpacks, they don't travel very far and only stay in the air for a short time so whoever was flying it couldn't have been too far from the airport and, I'd imagine they'd have accomplices on the ground.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
3000ft sounds excessive for a jet pack. All the film I've seen of these are used much nearer the ground.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
If it happened, you can bet there'll be a Youtube video of it soon.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Pilots report someone flying around LAX in a jetpack. ...
This LA Times article provides some more info on the possible explanations for this sighting.
Alarmed pilot tells LAX tower: ‘We just passed a guy in a jet pack’; FBI now investigating

The FBI is investigating.

... jet packs are not confined to the realm of science fiction. There are a handful of companies around the world that make devices that power a single person up into the air.

Former Swiss Air Force pilot Yves Rossy has created a type of winged jet pack, which typically requires him to be hoisted into the sky by a helicopter or balloon; he can take off from there. Another company, Zapata, has made something like a flying skateboard, which gives off a Marty McFly vibe. ...

JetPack Aviation Corp., based in Van Nuys, says it’s the only one to have developed a jet pack that can be worn like a backpack. The technology is real: Chief Executive David Mayman demonstrated it five years ago by flying around the Statue of Liberty, and his company has created five of them.

So it’s not out of the question that someone could have been soaring above the airport last weekend, giving pilots a scare. ...

Mayman was quick to say that if a jet pack was involved, it wasn’t one of his. JetPack Aviation keeps its five packs locked down, he said, and they’re not for sale. The company does offer flying lessons at $4,950 a pop, but he said students are attached to a wire and can’t stray too far.

None of the company’s competitors sell their products to consumers either, Mayman said.

The weekend incident “got us all wondering whether there’s been someone working in skunkworks on this,” he said, using a term for a secret project. Or maybe, he mused, the airline pilot saw some kind of electric-powered drone with a mannequin attached.

The fact remains: It’s very difficult to get access to a jet pack. If you accomplish that, though, it’s not hard to get permission to fly it. ...

To be clear, they’re not well suited to becoming a common form of transportation anytime soon.

For one, they’re too loud and don’t have enough endurance ...

For another, they’re too expensive. If JetPack Aviation were willing to sell its jet packs to individuals, it would charge at least $300,000 each, Mayman said.

Besides, selling to the general public would create liability concerns.

“It’s so easy for someone to misuse one of these aircraft,” Mayman said. He doesn’t want to be on the hook if, say, a flier were to plow into a car or building.

Mayman said that he isn’t interested in selling his products to anyone but governments or government agencies, and that his company’s focus is on search-and-rescue applications. ...
FULL STORY:
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-09-02/jetpack-lax-access-exclusive

Sharon Hill

Reaction score
So, there appears, from the initial media reports that two pilots independently reporting a "guy in a jet pack" - one from American airlines, the other on Southwest. Had it been only one, I'd probably doubt it much more. It will be interested to see if there are two reports and if they correspond to each other. But I wonder if we never will get to see that. These stories often don't have a satisfying conclusion.

Human_84

Somewhat human
Reaction score
From 23 March, 2020. Over the suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.

Drone? Man with jetpack? Balloon? Genuine? Hoax? I don't know, I'm just sharing the footage.
Go into 25% playback speed (slow mo) and pause the video on a certain frame at 22 seconds and you wind up with this. It appears to be in focus (save for the wings which never are unless you're using high speed photography). This tells me the unknown object is approximately the same distance from the camera as this hummingbird or dragonfly. If this video was shot on a cell phone which it appears to be, then we can factor out lens distortion/perspective, and that's really just a long-winded to tell you that the flying man is actually a tiny object not far from the camera. This is my very strong hunch based on what I see here, but I'm usually right (unless I'm wrong).