• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FOAF Phone Ghost Picture

Kezz2007 said:
No offence, but that picture is definatly a fake. It's either a real child, OR they've photoshopped it.

Why do you say that? I'm just curious.

You're prepared to consider it a genuine child, so you obviously can't see anything technically wrong with the image, but you're also saying it might be photoshopped.

Why can't it just be a shadow? I've seen far more impressive simulacra.

When I say "real child", I mean it could of come from a different picture that has somehow got onto that picture.. if that makes sense?

Right, OK. Well, I suppose it could have been faked that way but I still don't see a need for it - they could have faked something much better! (And it's digital so it couldn't have been a double exposure).

Hello new here. Have interesting phone picture.

Testing testing, ok.

I recently got sky and started getting into the paranormal again after many years.

My name is Antony, and friends and I have loved the Fortean culture for years but it had to be pointed out to me by a stranger on another site that I should post this recent of recently taken photographs.

I'm sorry but I cannot afford Fortean Times just yet but usually after being welcomed into a group I do start to subscribe to the 'newsletter' to help me join in.

I do KNOW of FT of course and have read a few. Anyway back to the point of my joining and this post in the Ghosts section.

A karaoke dj friend of mine surprised me recently of this evidence of the paranormal. As far as I can tell she is no photoshop or digital wiz (I even asked) or an attention seeker. She stated there was no second girl in the room at the time of the photograph.

I'll let the picture help me explain.

*Original phone upload to my computer:-

ghost1.jpg

* I then brought up the levels:-(nothing more. I assure you.)

ghost2.jpg

* This is the chilling close up!

ghost3.jpg

This is my first ever sighting of a local ghost. It was on her phone and if anyone can give me any more info on what type of spectre it may be and should I warn the occupants of the photo.

I do not know the occupants of the photo, but I remember auld folk lore talk of a familiar or a demon that would hang around witches in covens of three.

Is this me or is there any bearing to these tales?

Thank you for your time and whatever comments you can put forward.

Please. This is not a hoax by myself. If it is fake then I too have been taken for a 'ghost' ride.

Tony Rothwell
NorthWest

Attachments

• ghost1.jpg
    ghost1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 11
  • ghost3.jpg
    ghost3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings,

Tony, That is one creepy photo!
The only thing I can think is that it is a fake, or it is real.
Thank you.
PEACE!
=^..^=217

Yep wasn't it about a year ago with a diff. person but they had the exact same story and photos.

Welcome to the board, Tony. Now, don't be disheartened by this, but..
TheRothwellFiles said:
If it is fake then I too have been taken for a 'ghost' ride.
Sorry to have to tell you, but that pic's been doing the rounds for quite a while, and as suggested above we have a lengthy thread about it right here.

I'll merge this thread into it later.

I got sent this photo by a friend with a similar story, as well as seeing it posted on several forums. This is either a classic FOAF (friend of a friend) story or it is being deliberately spread across the internet for some reason known only to the originator. There might be an FT article in the story.

Ah...

I do apologise.

I've been made a bit of a fool of.

Sorry to have wasted your time but thankyou for clearing it up for me.

:(

Cue the Main Ingrediant: "Everybody plays the fool sometimes/No exceptions to the rule./ It may be factual, may be cruel/ But everybody plays the fool."

Don't worry about it. You had no reason to think the person you were talking to was a liar - and she probably wasn't, exactly, just simplifying information that had already been simplified for her or that she'd forgotten bits of. FOAFs are everywhere and we all fall for them once in awhile. Why shouldn't we?

You wanna see some baaaaaaad photo evidence? Find yourself an orb thread. I dare ya. (Actually all photo evidence sucks for reasons that will become clear if you read a few photo threads. But orbs, hoo boy!)

I'm a dab hand at photoshop and other bits of CG trickery but have never wanted to do a fake ghost or UFO pic as it may damage my credibility should I come across the genuine article.
But after seeing the Anakin Skywalker 'Ghost Boy badly comped in almost behind the country gate' pic, I am tempted to do a site of hooky ghost pics and instructions on how to do them properly.

Interestingly, this pic is very good material for those who wish to follow the trail of FOAF story.
I've had this from about 5 different sources, from all over the country, all claiming they knew the person who took the picture.

It seems that quite a few boards have been hit by the "hit and run mobile phone picture/FOAF spammers"!

Re: Hello new here. Have interesting phone picture.

TheRothwellFiles said:
Testing testing, ok.

* I then brought up the levels:-(nothing more. I assure you.)

Thanks for doing that: when you bring up the levels it seems obvious that there's a real child just behind the girls' legs.

Just a question of lighting.

Going back to the OP and saying that their FOAF had taken it 'last week' and it was dated 30th jan...I think we can now all see why it is necessary we take the Xmas decorations down in the prescribed time to avoid such supernatural shennanigans.

Unseasonally yours...
JimV

I was 'done 'by this a few weeks back as well,its a pretty good pic, but I feel like a bit of an eejit now :roll: :roll:

I'm fairly sure there's a thread about Things We Have Believed (And Still Believe) Which May Be A Bit Embarrasing.

Trust me, this photo is small stuff and the honest amongst us will admit we've been there :oops:

No, I'm not going to repost mine :shock:

Kath

I'm pretty sure I can make out another face in the photo......
ghost1yh1.jpg

Back