• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

For any Scottish UFO spotters

meanderer1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Any FT board members taking part in this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2155952.stm

UFO fans look to the skies

UFO enthusiasts have gathered in Scotland to share their experiences and look skyward.

Members of Strange Phenomena Investigations (SPI) were due to stage a "skywatch" in Bonnybridge, Stirlingshire, which has been dubbed world UFO capital because of the number of reported sightings there.

The event follows a survey which said that Scotland has the highest concentration of UFO sightings of any country in the world.

SPI representatives organised a public meeting which was due to be held in Bonnybridge's Royal Hotel on Saturday evening.

They then planned to take to the hills above the village to watch out for strange happenings in the sky.

Local councillor Billy Buchanan, who has campaigned for a visitors' centre for enthusiasts, said he was pleased with the event.

He said: "It should be a really special night and shows that Bonnybridge is the Mecca now for people interested in UFOs.

"We're finally on the map, we've gained credibility and rightly so. It would be great if someone saw a UFO, but we'll just have to wait and see."

A study by national tourist body VisitScotland said that Scotland topped the UFO sightings league.

The results were published to coincide with International UFO Day and referred to 300 reported sightings in Scotland a year - higher than anywhere else.

Scotland also recorded the highest number of UFO sightings per head of population, the study said.

They had something similiar in Wisconsin here two weeks ago...
and UFO's showed up! I've seen several (really crappy) home videos, but some excellent photos!

Some people were amazed, some were scared out of their wits,
but most (from the audio track on the videos) kept on
drinking!

TVgeek

P.S. Did anyone take part in the crop circle
meditation the other day?

jima said:
any watches going on in derbyshre soon?

depends where you are my friend in the summer i join a few watchers in Glossop, they wacth for lights and what not, they also go on ghost hunt, which as yet i havent been to any, but there UFO watches have been interesting so far, we have seen lights and things that look out of the ordinary but ive never been convinced enough to say ive seen a UFO.

I saw something once when I was looking up at the night sky. It was a clear night and I could see this point of light the same brightness as the stars, it was moving steadily between them almost like a Pinball.

I dont know if this was a UFO or a Satalite and it was about 15 years ago but I still think it was weird, has anyone else seen this?:confused:

Back