• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Foresight Dreams

XXI - The World

West Virginiaaaa~
As I skimmed the first page of the list of topics here I did not see anything about precognizance. So, I'll make this little thread here.

I'd had these kind of dreams before since childhood but I paid them no attention - because it was bizarre and I was too embarrassed to share with anyone for fear of judgment.

However, as an adult, and over the last ten years of studying the Tarot, these dreams have come more frequently. In a sense, I'm starting to feel like my awareness is starting to shift from linear experience to nonlinear experience and thought.

In these dreams I'll be living my ordinary life and an event or conversation will happen. Having used to be a person who acted on impulse when angered, I usually did something to mess up the relationship or event and chose this pattern. Then the event/conversation would repeat itself. Over and over again until I chose to act in a way that got better results. When I mastered the dream it would end and I would wake up, typically forgetting about it.

Then anywhere from a week to months later, the same event/conversation would pop up in my waking life and I'd finally have that deja vu flash and remember the dream and act accordingly; sometimes better than when I mastered the dream.

One example of this was when we went to my cousin's 8th grade graduation and it stormed like a mother. The rain was so torrential that my Mum and I had to pull over to an apartment complex and wait for it to lighten up. A nice man there let us into the foyer so we could dry off. Then when conditions were better, we drove through the town and flood waters were streaming over the streets maybe as high as my calves. We passed a gas station and a house with a garage and suddenly I remembered in the dream that we argued and as a result Mum got panicky and we were swept away in the flood. However, remembering this, I kept quiet and we managed to make it through a different route than we originally intended. Mum acted on intuition rather than going the other way that was worse flooded.

Luckily, we survived - unlike the dream I had. This was maybe two weeks ago this happened.

Does anyone else have dreams like these?

My mother was at a girls' school in Canyonville, OR when she was a child. She had a dream that a woman was pounding on the door in the middle of the night crying in the rain. The next night a woman came pounding on the door; she had been raped, and it was raining.

My mother was at a girls' school in Canyonville, OR when she was a child. She had a dream that a woman was pounding on the door in the middle of the night crying in the rain. The next night a woman came pounding on the door; she had been raped, and it was raining.

Wow that’s intense!

I've never had a dream which would fit into the premonition category, but one that felt more like a near death experience. When I was around 20 years old and before I found focus and followed my now chosen career path, I was a bit of an idiot. Well more than a bit!I had really distanced myself from my family at the time.I wasn't particularly bad but skirting on the wrong side of the law, being irresponsible and generally wasting my time. I shared a flat at the time with some friends.One night I went to bed and fell asleep straight away. I had this sensation of soaring and saw images from throughout my life pass by. I saw a baby, I assume was me and then blackness but with stars, like space. I then experienced a really bright light and the most overwhelming feeling [sounds corny)of love and warmth. My grandmother stood in front of me with several others and introduced them as relatives I had never met.My grandmother had died when I was 12 years old.She called me by my name and told me that if I didn't sort myself out I wouldn't join her there. It felt so amazing I can remember it clearly now. I asked "Can't I just stay here now?" and she replied "no you have to go back" With that I felt I dropped downwards and woke up crying and really terrified. It felt so real. I was so scared I woke up one of my flat mates to sit with me. It could have been a warning from my grandmother or my own subconscious telling me to get a grip. Well I did, whether as a direct result of this experience or not, I moved away went to college and never looked back.

I've never had a dream which would fit into the premonition category, but one that felt more like a near death experience. When I was around 20 years old and before I found focus and followed my now chosen career path, I was a bit of an idiot. Well more than a bit!I had really distanced myself from my family at the time.I wasn't particularly bad but skirting on the wrong side of the law, being irresponsible and generally wasting my time. I shared a flat at the time with some friends.One night I went to bed and fell asleep straight away. I had this sensation of soaring and saw images from throughout my life pass by. I saw a baby, I assume was me and then blackness but with stars, like space. I then experienced a really bright light and the most overwhelming feeling [sounds corny)of love and warmth. My grandmother stood in front of me with several others and introduced them as relatives I had never met.My grandmother had died when I was 12 years old.She called me by my name and told me that if I didn't sort myself out I wouldn't join her there. It felt so amazing I can remember it clearly now. I asked "Can't I just stay here now?" and she replied "no you have to go back" With that I felt I dropped downwards and woke up crying and really terrified. It felt so real. I was so scared I woke up one of my flat mates to sit with me. It could have been a warning from my grandmother or my own subconscious telling me to get a grip. Well I did, whether as a direct result of this experience or not, I moved away went to college and never looked back.
It's amazing what our family can do for us! I'm really glad you got your stuff together as she advised.

As I skimmed the first page of the list of topics here I did not see anything about precognizance. So, I'll make this little thread here.

I'd had these kind of dreams before since childhood but I paid them no attention - because it was bizarre and I was too embarrassed to share with anyone for fear of judgment.

However, as an adult, and over the last ten years of studying the Tarot, these dreams have come more frequently. In a sense, I'm starting to feel like my awareness is starting to shift from linear experience to nonlinear experience and thought.

In these dreams I'll be living my ordinary life and an event or conversation will happen. Having used to be a person who acted on impulse when angered, I usually did something to mess up the relationship or event and chose this pattern. Then the event/conversation would repeat itself. Over and over again until I chose to act in a way that got better results. When I mastered the dream it would end and I would wake up, typically forgetting about it.

Then anywhere from a week to months later, the same event/conversation would pop up in my waking life and I'd finally have that deja vu flash and remember the dream and act accordingly; sometimes better than when I mastered the dream.

One example of this was when we went to my cousin's 8th grade graduation and it stormed like a mother. The rain was so torrential that my Mum and I had to pull over to an apartment complex and wait for it to lighten up. A nice man there let us into the foyer so we could dry off. Then when conditions were better, we drove through the town and flood waters were streaming over the streets maybe as high as my calves. We passed a gas station and a house with a garage and suddenly I remembered in the dream that we argued and as a result Mum got panicky and we were swept away in the flood. However, remembering this, I kept quiet and we managed to make it through a different route than we originally intended. Mum acted on intuition rather than going the other way that was worse flooded.

Luckily, we survived - unlike the dream I had. This was maybe two weeks ago this happened.

That is pretty intense!

I have loads of prophetic dreams but they are seemingly meaningless. Like, I'll dream of dropping a box of toothpaste, next day I'm in Tescos, I pick up and drop a box of toothpaste - then recall the dream. Some dreams have been quite detailed and specific, but still utterly meaningless.

My mom has more useful dreams, of people falling ill or having an accident, but even then we only learn of the dream after we've heard the real life news, so not really all that useful

I've had a lot of dreams like this. They often seem to involve a lot of confusing imagery that doesn't make sense at the time, but with one clear image that sticks with me after I wake up. This image seems to be a kind of keystone to the whole thing and when the image presents itself in real life, the dream suddenly makes sense.

So far I've dreamed about joining the army, my grandparents' deaths, moving back to the village where I grew up, driving along roads or waking past buildings that didn't exist at the time of the dream and working in a strange building in a uniform I didn't recognise but which ties in with my current job.

The dreams usually happen 2-3 years ahead of the event, but one that's been haunting me for a lot longer than that involves a huge black cloud and my efforts to get a crowd of panicking members of the public to safety before some unspecified 'bad thing' arrives.

I've had a lot of dreams like this. They often seem to involve a lot of confusing imagery that doesn't make sense at the time, but with one clear image that sticks with me after I wake up. This image seems to be a kind of keystone to the whole thing and when the image presents itself in real life, the dream suddenly makes sense.

So far I've dreamed about joining the army, my grandparents' deaths, moving back to the village where I grew up, driving along roads or waking past buildings that didn't exist at the time of the dream and working in a strange building in a uniform I didn't recognise but which ties in with my current job.

The dreams usually happen 2-3 years ahead of the event, but one that's been haunting me for a lot longer than that involves a huge black cloud and my efforts to get a crowd of panicking members of the public to safety before some unspecified 'bad thing' arrives.

Here’s a prayer that either doesn’t happen or all involved are safe, including you.

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping that one's a metaphor, but certain things where I live have recently changed their appearance and now look the way they do in the dream- things like the interior layout of the local supermarket and newly-built houses- so I think we'll find out soon.

Just because you have some prophetic dreams it doesn't mean they all are. Reassure yourself by thinking of the dreams you had where you were wandering around a shopping centre sans trousers (or whatever), stuff that you can be safe in the knowledge would never happen. It does sound like a typical anxiety dream - we have a long history of posters dreaming of Armageddon, and it hasn't happened yet (!).

Like I say; I hope it's a metaphor. That dream is recurring, but there are enough different variations on it that I assume it stands for something, rather than being literal. The things that are always there are the cloud, the driving rain, the run-down looking shops, the efforts to get people out of the way (generally onto buses or into buildings) and the fact that I stay with a handful of others to fight whatever it is, knowing that we'll lose, but aiming mainly to buy time for the civilians to get away.

I can feel the fear of the thing, but also rage at it, and sadness.

Given my current job it seems likely to mean something, if something personal rather than global.

It probably will just be something you're anxious about, failing at your job, falling prey to forces beyond your control in life... we all feel like that sometimes. If you dwell on it, it's more likely to be a recurring nightmare. I'm not going to tell you not to be a worrier, though - I know how difficult that is.

2 things:

1 - if you can find time for a quiet visualization (or visualizzzzzazzzion if you're sleepy), you can review the dream step by step and create another ending. Just do that a couple of times a week or when you go to bed at night. That can help change the next iteration of the dream. :hapdan:

2 - IMO we're creating Armageddon in slow motion (not slow enough though!) by the way we're driving climate change and destroying habitats. After living overseas for several years, I've returned to the US and live in a place that supposedly is environmentally conscious, but everyone takes for granted it's necessary to have a car. I don't. It just depends on how urban areas are designed, that's all. People have difficulty imagining anything different. :dunno: . . . but to change the trajectory, we have to stay positive and focus on creating a life sustaining future. Every little bit helps!

Last edited:
the dreams you had where you were wandering around a shopping centre sans trousers

Yesterday on way to work I suddenly thought 'Oooh, did I remember to change into my work clothes?' and looked down and yup, all was correct. It was just like one of those dream moments except with no bare bum.

A strange thing to worry about - whoever goes to work in the wrong clothes? - but I later realised I'd forgotten my photo ID so I'd've been sent home tout suite if my manager had spotted me!

So there's my subconscious trying really hard to remind me while I was awake.

This happened last night, I dreamed that a very good friend of mine, surname Ireland fell down a long flight of stone steps, at each step his head made a sickening crunching noise.

I called him this morning and he was fine, just on his way to the shops he said. a couple of hours later I got a phone call from another friend who is part of a large well known Irish family to tell me that his mother had passed away in hospital, she'd fallen down a flight of stone steps last night and had died in the ICU .

The correlation of Ireland the name and the death of this lady from an Irish family struck me, co-incidence? Yes probably but I'm feeling a bit shook up right now.

This happened last night, I dreamed that a very good friend of mine, surname Ireland fell down a long flight of stone steps, at each step his head made a sickening crunching noise.

I called him this morning and he was fine, just on his way to the shops he said. a couple of hours later I got a phone call from another friend who is part of a large well known Irish family to tell me that his mother had passed away in hospital, she'd fallen down a flight of stone steps last night and had died in the ICU .

The correlation of Ireland the name and the death of this lady from an Irish family struck me, co-incidence? Yes probably but I'm feeling a bit shook up right now.

Dreadful news for all concerned.

Oh that must have given you quite a shock what a disturbing thing to happen! Unnerving too, as although it could have been no more than an odd coincidence, it's that little grain of doubt calling into question our understanding of reality particularly with regards to time!

Important to remember that even for folk who have these type of dreams regularly the vast majority aren't prophetic!

Whenever it has happened to me I've woken up with the sensation of 'that wasn't my dream'. what it seems has happened is that I've nipped ahead in time briefly glanced at a headline and then concocted a dream to match similarly to what you did with the 'Ireland' reference. Not suggesting that that is what happens just trying to describe how it feels. :)

Sollywos x

Last night's dream recording involved seeing a spider in the hallway next to the shower room, on a web, then noticing to my horror a much much bigger spiky spider next to it. Horrified.

An hour after waking up , get shower and go into guest room to use long mirror. Look up..

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_104956847.jpg
    IMG_20190921_104956847.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 25
Last night's dream recording involved seeing a spider in the hallway next to the shower room, on a web, then noticing to my horror a much much bigger spiky spider next to it. Horrified.

An hour after waking up , get shower and go into guest room to use long mirror. Look up..
That is spooky.

It's kind of typical. As I've said many times, everybody's dreams -i am convinced - use elements of past and future as building blocks in their otherwise irrelevsnt and random plots. It's just that most people don't pay ( and draw) attention to notice the fact.

I've omitted the spooky addendum to this incident.

As soon as it happened I told an American aquaitsnce, with whom I'd been swapping spooky stories the other day, about it online.

He's very new agey, tarot cards, claims to be psychic etc. Changing the subject he tells me - and shows me - the tarot reading he's done for himself regarding his current life choices. He neither noticed nor pointed out in doing so what the centre card ( which is the "central focus of the person or situation") showed. I had to point it out to him....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921-144758~2.png
    Screenshot_20190921-144758~2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
I've omitted the spooky addendum to this incident.

As soon as it happened I told an American aquaitsnce, with whom I'd been swapping spooky stories the other day, about it online.

He's very new agey, tarot cards, claims to be psychic etc. Changing the subject he tells me - and shows me - the tarot reading he's done for himself regarding his current life choices. He neither noticed nor pointed out in doing so what the centre card ( which is the "central focus of the person or situation") showed. I had to point it out to him....
And that tells you what?

Nothing of use. Except to speculate that if an out of routine visual experience today has a good chance to work its way into last night's dream, then a double encounter , if only by chance, with the same motif or image or concept may be all the more likely to be picked up in the dream. From this one could perhaps construct an experiment.

Expose the dreamer to more than one encounter with a thing , chosen at random, and you ought perhaps to be confident it will show up in their dream record from the preceding night.

Gaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Which deck is that?!!? Why is the 8 of pentacles a SPIDER?!!?

Yes. I think i've posted somewhere else here on the matter. Mine were more mundane. I'd dream about boring every day situations and days sometimes weeks ahead they would replay. Not like deja vu. More like In a situation I knew what was happening next including what people would say or do. Just for a brief moment. A couple of times I freaked out the other person i was with as I could say what they were going to say at the exact time they said it, a full obscure sentence not just the odd word.

Sadly this went away in my late teens early twenties having started approx age 17.

Not precognitive, yet, but interesting dream.
In early 2000's I dreamt that I was visiting my sister-in-law who lived in Scarborough (Toronto area) at the time.

We went downtown TO late at night and the skyscrapers and buildings and street lights, everything was in darkness. The place was eerily quiet as there were no vehicles. There were many poverty stricken people living there. There was no electricity.

Very strange feeling of emptiness

My sil explained that due to rising costs, no one could afford to live or work in downtown TO and that it was virtually abandoned with exception of the vagrants. Since no one owned the properties, there was no tax money coming in to fund the infrastructure of the city core and that was why there was no electricity nor transportation.

I thought it ironic at the time that because of the costliness of property ownership, the people who had nothing were the ones who benefitted. Very eerie feeling to be in downtown TO with no constant din and no lighting. My dream setting was very realistic.

Back