• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Cartoons

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
I noticed thete were now threads about fortean cartoons so i thought i would ask everyone what their favorite fortean cartoons are, there is a wide range of forteana including ghosts, aliens, cyborgs, robots etc personally i liked 'sport billy'
88d29dcdcc6082dd1601a2795cf12121.jpg

And 'the new schmoo'
s-l400.jpg

I thought we had a Fortean animation thread too! Can't find it. Anyway, here's a nice, creepy little one made with pin animation. The Nose, from 1963:

I thought we had a Fortean animation thread too! Can't find it. Anyway, here's a nice, creepy little one made with pin animation. The Nose, from 1963:

Put 'fortean cartoons' in to the search tool, im new idk how to link to other threads lol

Just noticed we're on it haha D'oh!

he internet speculation around Scoob’s origin.
All I know is that Casey Kasem suggested he was named after Frank Sinatra's musical ad-libs.

There used to be a lovely drawing of Scooby mourning at the grave of Shaggy who was killed in action in Vietnam.

There used to be a lovely drawing of Scooby mourning at the grave of Shaggy who was killed in action in Vietnam.

But among the fan theories out there, the gang were always on the run to different locations in an effort to dodge the draft.

I think you would have had to be very desperate to draft Shaggy.

Clumsy, cowardly and probably very addicted.

(But, oddly, I can see him as a patriot...)

But among the fan theories out there, the gang were always on the run to different locations in an effort to dodge the draft.

I think Fred and Shaggy had student deferment. Parapsychology students, of course.

Three mentioned in the Channel 4 animation chapter of the nostalgia book Scarred for Life Volume 2:

Sky Whales (1983):

Does that mean this community are...

...cannibals?

The Beard (1978):

Willie Rushton doing the voice there. Starts comic, gets apocalyptic.

Three mentioned in the Channel 4 animation chapter of the nostalgia book Scarred for Life Volume 2:

Sky Whales (1983):

Does that mean this community are...

...cannibals?

I caught most of this as a child on TV, I loved it and it haunted me for many years afterwards, was able to rediscover it through the internet.

I used to love the "arty"/non-commercial cartoons you'd get on BBC2 and Channel 4, this is one of the few I've been able to find, mostly I'm just going on what I can remember of them, can't recall or I never knew the titles.

I caught most of this as a child on TV, I loved it and it haunted me for many years afterwards, was able to rediscover it through the internet.

I used to love the "arty"/non-commercial cartoons you'd get on BBC2 and Channel 4, this is one of the few I've been able to find, mostly I'm just going on what I can remember of them, can't recall or I never knew the titles.
I used to watch 'four-mations' on CH4 they used to show loads of strange animation from around the world

http://livinginthepast-audioweb.co.uk/index.php?p=four-mations

BBC2 used to show a lot of National Film Board of Canada cartoons as well - and now the NFB has it's own YouTube channel where you can see most of them for free!

This morning on the Radio, I heard a report from the presenter that her Dustbin had gone missing after putting it out for emptying. Apparently, a few had phoned in saying theirs had gone missing also, and the theory was that they'd been gobbled-up in the back of the dustcart!
I'd contacted the local Council quite recently about another matter connected with recycling problems, and they said that there had been some problems with fewer refuse collectors due to covid and isolating.
Putting these two things together, I'd wondered if these were just handy excuses - which gave me a good excuse to draw-up this cartoon on my computer...

Dustcart.png

Last edited:
Back