• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Documentaries

And the movie posters that go with it
The London Monster Movie Poster.jpg

The London Monster Poster 2.jpg

This is not too bad. A documentary about the strange goings on in a strange little town in Maine. There's phantoms, ghost lights, strange creatures. Goes for 80 minutes.

PINE STATE PHANTOMS (2019) | Full Fortean Documentary
THERE’S A PLACE IN MAINE… Sabattus is an old town and like any old town it has its history of inhabitants, tragedy, and conflict. There’s a house in Sabattus, though, unlike any other. The owner reports that the property experiences strange sightings. Shadowy figures, strange balls of light, and the sounds of being followed are all common occurrences at this house. Join investigator Nate Brislin as he documents the strange goings-on at the Sabattus house. Hear the story from the eyewitnesses, and embark on an expedition that dares to ask: are there phantoms in America’s Pine Tree State?

This documentary about Baudrillard is cool with its consumerist critique and strange philosophy. But the images are cool also.

Mysteries of the wild west. Introduced by John Carradine. Laughable production values.

Thank you Dr Paul Lee I have started watching Ghosthunters. I never thought Id watch so much on TV.

An old doc featuring a much younger. thinner me with hair! Filmed with Jon Downes and myself donkey's years ago by a German company. They wanted to film us drinking tea to show we were English. This version has an American narrator. We never did get the Megalania hunt ff the ground but years later i did get over to Australia to search for the Tazzy wolf. Also contains Reinhold Mesner's non-starter bear as yeti idea.

No word of a release date, but here's a trailer for Class Action Park:

The theme park that could kill you! And for many, that was the attraction, getting seriously injured there was a badge of pride. As if you were in any doubt that people are nuts.

That looks ace.

Stumbled on one i've not seen before. Nothing special and Mothman and the Jersey Devil are not true cryptids in my opinion.

MAN-EATING ZOMBIE CATS. UK Freeview channel 37 DMAX 22.00-23.00 Sat 25 April. Explore how an incurable zombie- like pathogen is spreading fast, turning big cats around the world into fearless man killers who are baying for human blood.

MAN-EATING ZOMBIE CATS. UK Freeview channel 37 DMAX 22.00-23.00 Sat 25 April. Explore how an incurable zombie- like pathogen is spreading fast, turning big cats around the world into fearless man killers who are baying for human blood.

That's a documentary?! I'm usually just worried about them eating my garden birds!

Nice little 1986 Anglia TV program about hauntings.

What a charming film! It is just thirty-four years ago but seems already like another age.

Joan Foreman, who features, is best known for her 1978 book on time-slips called The Mask of Time. Her interest in that subject evidently stems from her own experiences as a "sensitive." She is, I think, still with us, at the age of 101!

Thank you for posting it! :)

I'm going through previous FT issues from the last 25 years book reviews. I am making a list of books that I may want to read in the future. This is because I sometimes have an urge to buy but haven't got the inspiration.

As an aside, I found Ghost and the Divining Rod by T.C. Lethbridge on Archive.org for anyone who may be interested: https://archive.org/details/tclethbridgeghostandthediviningrod

What a charming film! It is just thirty-four years ago but seems already like another age.

Yes: People speak proper English, the cameraman uses a tripod and a spirit level, and shots last longer than 1.8 seconds.

*sigh*

maximus otter

Back