Fortean Documentaries

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
An old doc featuring a much younger. thinner me with hair! Filmed with Jon Downes and myself donkey's years ago by a German company. They wanted to film us drinking tea to show we were English. This version has an American narrator. We never did get the Megalania hunt ff the ground but years later i did get over to Australia to search for the Tazzy wolf. Also contains Reinhold Mesner's non-starter bear as yeti idea.

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
No word of a release date, but here's a trailer for Class Action Park:

The theme park that could kill you! And for many, that was the attraction, getting seriously injured there was a badge of pride. As if you were in any doubt that people are nuts.
That looks ace.

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Stumbled on one i've not seen before. Nothing special and Mothman and the Jersey Devil are not true cryptids in my opinion.

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Reaction score
MAN-EATING ZOMBIE CATS. UK Freeview channel 37 DMAX 22.00-23.00 Sat 25 April. Explore how an incurable zombie- like pathogen is spreading fast, turning big cats around the world into fearless man killers who are baying for human blood.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
MAN-EATING ZOMBIE CATS. UK Freeview channel 37 DMAX 22.00-23.00 Sat 25 April. Explore how an incurable zombie- like pathogen is spreading fast, turning big cats around the world into fearless man killers who are baying for human blood.
That's a documentary?! I'm usually just worried about them eating my garden birds!

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Nice little 1986 Anglia TV program about hauntings.
What a charming film! It is just thirty-four years ago but seems already like another age.

Joan Foreman, who features, is best known for her 1978 book on time-slips called The Mask of Time. Her interest in that subject evidently stems from her own experiences as a "sensitive." She is, I think, still with us, at the age of 101!

Thank you for posting it! :)

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm going through previous FT issues from the last 25 years book reviews. I am making a list of books that I may want to read in the future. This is because I sometimes have an urge to buy but haven't got the inspiration.

As an aside, I found Ghost and the Divining Rod by T.C. Lethbridge on Archive.org for anyone who may be interested: https://archive.org/details/tclethbridgeghostandthediviningrod

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
What a charming film! It is just thirty-four years ago but seems already like another age.
Yes: People speak proper English, the cameraman uses a tripod and a spirit level, and shots last longer than 1.8 seconds.

*sigh*

maximus otter

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Watched this recently for the first time, I knew of him but didn't know about this BBC documentary film from 1992. I think it's brilliant that he's made a life for himself doing what he loves. And he's still there with the same van! Amazing guy.

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Nice little 1986 Anglia TV program about hauntings.
Thanks for sharing! I love finding new old fortean documentaries like this. I think it's the nostalgia/hauntology of seeing the past as better and more decent, with old TV programmes, mixed with my love of all things fortean that makes them so good! I still think Ghosthunters (Discovery Channel, 1996 - 1997) is the best series on the subject.

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Does anyone remember this 1999 series? Riddle of the Skies. Only 3 episodes but features some interesting old accounts and interviews.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This time we're abducted (and hopefully not probed in the process) all the way back to 1975 with a NASA produced documentary narrated by the late, great Orson Welles called:

Who's Out There?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I like this one.

The Wildman Interlude - A Short Bigfoot Documentary (2017)

Arizona Observer

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Obviously a major element of Fortean, paranormal, and cryptid documentaries is the creepy/spooky factor. This has turned out to be a barrier to finding good media to share with my kids (7 and 12 years old), both of whom have an interest in the topic. We have had some luck with the old History Channel show Monster Quest (we are in the US). Can anyone recommend any shows, books, movies, or documentaries that are low on the creepy factor and heavy on the open minded inquiry side of things? I want to nurture their interest in a topic I love without getting them scared enough to not want to pursue it.