• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Documentaries

Storyline: On June 4th, 2004, a sixty-three-ton bulldozer, fortified with steel and concrete, systematically destroyed numerous businesses and homes in the small mountain town of Granby, Colorado. The rampage lasted over two hours and resulted in more than eight million dollars in damage. State and local police were incapable of even slowing the machine. Though it was armed with three high-powered firearms, no one but the driver was killed. His name was Marvin Heemeyer. TREAD explores the polarizing perspectives on this man, his motives, and what drove him to the breaking point.

The Found Footage Festival is proud to announce a new documentary called "A Life On The Farm," which seeks to uncover the mysteries behind a strange videotape found in rural England. Nick Prueher and Joe Pickett discovered the tape last year after filmmaker Oscar Harding showed it to them backstage at a show in Milwaukee. They’ve kept the video and the documentary project a secret until now. A Kickstarter for “A Life On The Farm” launches today. Oscar Harding’s grandfather passed away in the rural country of Somerset, England a decade ago. Amongst his possessions was a video tape from one of his neighbors, an eccentric farmer named Charles Carson. Self-shooting, editing and scoring everything manually, Charles’ home movie is hilarious, imaginative and downright weird. Highlights include: A skeleton drag race A rendition of Scotland The Brave performed on pieces of tractor machinery A close-up look at a cow placenta Filmmaking wasn’t Charles’ only talent - there’s a real argument to be made that he was an early pioneer of the Death Positivity Movement. He’s a great undiscovered outsider artist and it’s time his story was told. Desperate to learn more about the man and his movies, Oscar embarked on a years-long journey that’s been full of twists and turns. There’s far more to Charles’ story than his videos reveal. A Life On The Farm is an exploration and celebration of Charles Carson and his movies, which present a moving and laugh-out-loud document of a time and place in danger of being lost to history.

Thank you people for all these wonderful links. I copy & paste the links & descriptions to a Word document and then when i want to watch something on my own, i can stream it to the TV. :)

Compilation of man inventing strange contraptions in the 30's through 50's.
Gizmo.jpg

Whatever you may think of the topic, this one is nicely produced:

Sasquatch On Lake Superior: A Documentary
The accounts of Sasquatch encounters and evidence witnessed in the Northwest Lake Superior region are given.

Whatever you may think of the topic, this one is nicely produced:
Sasquatch On Lake Superior: A Documentary
The accounts of Sasquatch encounters and evidence witnessed in the Northwest Lake Superior region are given.
Thank you for that, LL, I enjoyed it. I love their accents! (quite distracting!) I like the chap describing how he was working on the soil samples, that he described lots of detail of how he was working. It lends an air of believability. Though when he got to the 'I saw a sasquatch' bit I thought he might look a bit more shamefaced (that you might not just 'come out with it' as it's quite an admission...)! But I love the video, whatever their explanation I thought they were great stories compellingly told! Much spooky music also. I liked that (apart from the last person and his 17foot tall visitor... is he the maker of the film?? I'm not very good on faces) , they apparently weren't out there in the back of beyond to encounter weirdness, but (apparently) it found them.
There seems to be a part two also
He's kind of going down the 'not quite physically Real' route in that one. He's made them pretty much by himself, I think they're rather good really.

Last edited:
Thank you for that, LL, I enjoyed it. I love their accents! (quite distracting!) I like the chap describing how he was working on the soil samples, that he described lots of detail of how he was working. It lends an air of believability. Though when he got to the 'I saw a sasquatch' bit I thought he might look a bit more shamefaced (that you might not just 'come out with it' as it's quite an admission...)! But I love the video, whatever their explanation I thought they were great stories compellingly told! Much spooky music also. I liked that (apart from the last person and his 17foot tall visitor... is he the maker of the film?? I'm not very good on faces) , they apparently weren't out there in the back of beyond to encounter weirdness, but (apparently) it found them.
There seems to be a part two also
He's kind of going down the 'not quite physically Real' route in that one. He's made them pretty much by himself, I think they're rather good really.

Excellent find! Thanks for sharing. I've got a day to myself today, so this is on my watch list now!

1990 doc on the yeren.
I liked this a lot, Lordmongrove, thank you. It has the air of a Michael Palin travel documentary (i.e. is quite respectable in the way it's presented, and it's not at all sensational). We follow two anthropologists (or at least one) to the far reaches of China, where they eventually find and talk to some people who are devoted to looking for the Wild Man. Also they speak to local people who seek them out to tell their story. As the travellers note - what do those witnesses have to gain by coming to present their story? People have seen creatures with red hair... could it be an ape related to orangutans? Possibly the best bit is when one of the travellers, snoozing in the sun with his shirt off, is awoken by people alarmed that there's a Wild Man about (...in fortean twist, it's actually him).
Anyway I would recommend, even if it's fairly inconclusive. It's just nice to see something quite openminded and not along the lines of modern 'ancient aliens' style documentaries. (Also it includes contemporary adverts which are mildly diverting to an old codger like me).

From the same YT channel and also a LM recommendation, this one is interesting too. From the channel 4 monster files series, it's about the Mapinguari. Presented in the same calm way. An ornithologist in the Amazon thinks the creature might be a ground sloth (he's found new bird species so has some credibility in the unknown animal department, though most scientists aren't interested). Curiously, the animal is supposed to be upright with a very very bad smell (sounds familiar?!). Some say his Belief isn't helping, as they think it's entirely mythological in the culture of the local people. Spoiler, I don't think the Mapinguari has turned up yet.

Last edited:
I liked this a lot, Lordmongrove, thank you. It has the air of a Michael Palin travel documentary (i.e. is quite respectable in the way it's presented, and it's not at all sensational). We follow two anthropologists (or at least one) to the far reaches of China, where they eventually find and talk to some people who are devoted to looking for the Wild Man. Also they speak to local people who seek them out to tell their story. As the travellers note - what do those witnesses have to gain by coming to present their story? People have seen creatures with red hair... could it be an ape related to orangutans? Possibly the best bit is when one of the travellers, snoozing in the sun with his shirt off, is awoken by people alarmed that there's a Wild Man about (...in fortean twist, it's actually him).
Anyway I would recommend, even if it's fairly inconclusive. It's just nice to see something quite openminded and not along the lines of modern 'ancient aliens' style documentaries. (Also it includes contemporary adverts which are mildly diverting to an old codger like me).
My thoughts exactly. It's the kid of documentary i'd like to be involved with.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I suspect it has as I'm off to find a Skinwalker thread after posting this).

I initially thought that there was nothing to it. And although no evidence has been found it appears to be intriguing all the same. I hope that it doesn't crumble to nothing on closer examination. It is free to watch on Prime Video by the way:

The Hunt For The Skinwalker.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8399718/

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I suspect it has as I'm off to find a Skinwalker thread after posting this).

I initially thought that there was nothing to it. And although no evidence has been found it appears to be intriguing all the same. I hope that it doesn't crumble to nothing on closer examination. it is free to watch on Prime Video by the way:

The Hunt For The Skinwalker.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8399718/
The show is ok but you can see where a lot has been restaged for dramatic purposes and some of the reaction shots are just silly beyond belief.

The show is ok but you can see where a lot has been restaged for dramatic purposes and some of the reaction shots are just silly beyond belief.

I've got this on my list of shows to watch on Amazon Prime. Perhaps I won't be so hasty.

I tried it the other day. I managed a few minutes. Immediately it was shouty and sensational. I thought the whole point was that scientists and the ministry of defence (or whatever) had been involved. But it looked far less professional and far less balanced than any number of things you could watch about the subject on youtube? Perhaps I should have been less hasty.

If there's weirdness going on there I'm happy to be told about it. But not by some shouting person who's already convinced in the first 5 minutes that it's definitely a rip in the fabric of space time and with aliens and demons etc (I may be exaggerating... slightly). Which is where it seemed to be going. I took it off my watch list in embarrassment that my other half would see haha.

This one is pretty disturbing. If you've never heard of Gypsy Rose Blanchard, don't read before you watch this coz you won't believe the levels of batshit here.

This one is pretty disturbing. If you've never heard of Gypsy Rose Blanchard, don't read before you watch this coz you won't believe the levels of batshit here.
It's just a bizarre thing. I remember this case. The guy who killed the mother was suckered into it when he could have taken the girl away to somewhere safe, such as a women's refuge. Now he's in prison for life.

It's just a bizarre thing. I remember this case. The guy who killed the mother was suckered into it when he could have taken the girl away to somewhere safe, such as a women's refuge. Now he's in prison for life.
mmhmm
Not many good choices or decisions made by anyone in this case. The entire social structure around this poor woman was fubar. I hope she gets it right when she's free to live her own life for the first time ever in a few years ... forlorn hope tho - there'll probably be some scumbag waiting in line at the gate for his/her turn to shaft the hapless victim. Cruel fkn world for little people.

Amazon Prime has a few Seth Breedlove doco's/ Always good value as he interviews witnesses. It's not flashy, but it's done well, he just interviews witnesses and provides, where possible, locations. Also has the local paranormal/folklore expert to add their thoughts.

https://www.smalltownmonsters.com/

A number of conceivable threads and of course please relocate as necessary - it does contain pertinent material.

Simply that I stumbled across this historical gem from 1970. :)

[Edit: Just noticed it was only uploaded 2 days ago and has 5 views (I think 3 of them might be myself!)

Last edited:
These are four office lamps that are mirrored on the window.

Back