Fortean Films

hunck

Justified & Ancient
You're right.
Downgraded. 3/5 at best.
I am a massive Coens fan, and it wasn't up to form.
It was very watchable but a bit lightweight wasn't it. Agree with GNC it doesn't really work as a film, none of the parts being connected. Re the last story, my friend thought they were all dead. I wasn't convinced.

The locations were splendid & it looked amazing, as do all their films, & the performances good. No well known actors - the only character I recognised was Tom Waits. Wouldn't watch it again though.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
You're right.
Downgraded. 3/5 at best.
I am a massive Coens fan, and it wasn't up to form.
Yeah, I love the Coens (usually), but the production process seems to have overbalanced them here.

skinny

Antediluvian
Liam Neeson's Curmudgeon was so minimal it was hardly there until the coup de gras, but Harry Milling was Scissorhandsesque and stole the scene in that particular vignette.

I thought the penultimate tale borrowed a touch too much from Tarantino's Hateful Eight ... which was awesome.

Probably I enjoyed the tale of the gold digger best. That resurrection scene filled my heart with joy.

skinny

Antediluvian
Calling Ramon Mercado to settle the numbers nonsense fer good n all.
RM, what did you think of Buster Scruggs? Rate it out of ten.

bagins_X

Devoted Cultist
An interresting one is an Italian movie from 1978 called Closed Circuit (Circuito chiuso) directed by Giuliano Montaldo has a rather good twist at the end.

(not to be confused with half a dozen others with the same title.....)

Wm.

Last edited: