Fortean Films

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about this:

First film based on a paranormal podcast, apparently. Supposed to be funny, I think? Anyone any the wiser?

I'm assuming you've never listened to the Parapod podcast? The first two seasons are incredibly funny. Essentially one presenter is a believer in all things paranormal and the other isn't. The next season wasn't as good but still funny.

That's all you need to know.

I'd rate it as possibly the funniest podcast I have ever listened to. Due to the success of the podcast they decided to make a doco/film. I've not seen it myself yet

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Not very different from the swathes of related material on Youtube already, where intentional and unintended laughs are impossible to distinguish.

Urban Explorers are reaching to the point that they declare up-front that they are not ghost-seers, as a seal of authenticity in their own niche! :pipe:

The podcast was hosted by two comedians. Unlike the crap on Youtube, it was very funny.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I'm assuming you've never listened to the Parapod podcast? The first two seasons are incredibly funny. Essentially one presenter is a believer in all things paranormal and the other isn't. The next season wasn't as good but still funny.

That's all you need to know.

I'd rate it as possibly the funniest podcast I have ever listened to. Due to the success of the podcast they decided to make a doco/film. I've not seen it myself yet

I apologise, I thought it was a found footage spoof, didn't realise it was "authentic". Might give it a go if you recommend it, then.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
I apologise, I thought it was a found footage spoof, didn't realise it was "authentic". Might give it a go if you recommend it, then.
I've not seen the film yet, but I'd give season one and two ago of the podcast. You'll know if it's your cup of tea or not.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
John Huston's late - 1979 - adaptation of Flannery O'Connor's Wise Blood has gone up on Youtube, for the picking!

An excursion into deep and weird Southern Gothic; Brad Dourif returns from war to institute his own religion of Christ-without-Christ. Or something like that.

Huston's pictures were funded by such arcane, tax-haven routes that ownership has not always been easy to establish.

Catch this one, while it's up for grabs. It won't be for all tastes but I think it's one of his very best! :)

Nosmo King

(Formerly Souleater)
Reaction score
Been trying to remember the name of/find a film I saw many years ago, it was a supernatural western starring (I think) William Fitchner, he played a revenant/ghost (similar to High Plains Drifter) and him main memorable idiosyncrasy was he burned gun powder to stimulate his senses as his senses were not good being a ghost and all. I think it involved him wanting revenge for the death of his family/wife. If anyone recognises this I would be grateful of a reminder of the title. Thanks