• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
You're right.
Downgraded. 3/5 at best.
I am a massive Coens fan, and it wasn't up to form.

Yeah, I love the Coens (usually), but the production process seems to have overbalanced them here.

Liam Neeson's Curmudgeon was so minimal it was hardly there until the coup de gras, but Harry Milling was Scissorhandsesque and stole the scene in that particular vignette.

I thought the penultimate tale borrowed a touch too much from Tarantino's Hateful Eight ... which was awesome.

Probably I enjoyed the tale of the gold digger best. That resurrection scene filled my heart with joy.

Calling Ramon Mercado to settle the numbers nonsense fer good n all.
RM, what did you think of Buster Scruggs? Rate it out of ten.

An interresting one is an Italian movie from 1978 called Closed Circuit (Circuito chiuso) directed by Giuliano Montaldo has a rather good twist at the end.

(not to be confused with half a dozen others with the same title.....)

Wm.

Last edited:
The meg, a total load of silly nonsense. But hugely enjoyable silly nonsense.

Agreed! Watched it at the weekend. First film in a long time where we've been yelling at the telly.

"Pippin! Swim faster! Oh god... Pippin... PIPPIN!" :freak:

Agreed! Watched it at the weekend. First film in a long time where we've been yelling at the telly.

"Pippin! Swim faster! Oh god... Pippin... PIPPIN!" :freak:
Ha .. we were doing the same Pippin shouting at the screen thing :twothumbs:

The trailer for the new Hellboy movie is out. The films of Del Toro has a certain quality to them that worked well with Hellboy. This new one seems a different beast.

An interresting one is an Italian movie from 1978 called Closed Circuit (Circuito chiuso) directed by Giuliano Montaldo has a rather good twist at the end.

Saw this as part of C4 International Film season in the '90s - or rather I didn't see it as I was engrossed in a crossword in front of the telly and only occasionally glanced up at the subtitles. During a tricky 6 Across the hairs on the back of my neck rose and the shoulders just froze (you can guess at which scene) - amazing what peripheral vision can pick up when you're concentrating on something else.

tom was aces opposite robert redford and danny glover in old man and the gun recently too

Last edited:
spider-man into the spider-verse was great tonight, if only because it looks so radically unlike any other movie out there, especially from all the identi-fit superhero white-bread crap ... spider-pig and spider-an-ime aside i liked everything about it and the interdimensional stuff was nicely articulated

Saw Sorry To Bother You tonight. A weird SciFi Satirical comedy set in an alternate reality. There are tv game-shows such as I Got The Shit Kicked Out Of Me and that's the least strange thing about the film. I had a nice pint of Erdinger afterwards.

The trailer for the new Hellboy movie is out. The films of Del Toro has a certain quality to them that worked well with Hellboy. This new one seems a different beast.

The new trailer reminded me of the Keanu Reeves Constantine film of about a decade ago. I'm sure the fans will love it if it's like that (!). Neil Marshall directing gives me a little optimism, though.

Saw Sorry To Bother You tonight. A weird SciFi Satirical comedy set in an alternate reality. There are tv game-shows such as I Got The Shit Kicked Out Of Me and that's the least strange thing about the film. I had a nice pint of Erdinger afterwards.
Saw this yesterday too. Donald Glover was originally meant to star, but he was doing Solo so his Atlanta co-star took over. Does have the feel of Atlanta The Movie at times.

holy crap ... how have i lived to my incredibly advanced age without seeing Two Lane Blacktop ! even through a early evening stage 4 hangover in black and white, or especially because of, it just destroyed me ...

holy crap ... how have i lived to my incredibly advanced age without seeing Two Lane Blacktop ! even through a early evening stage 4 hangover in black and white, or especially because of, it just destroyed me ...

First time I saw it, TLB seemed incredibly serious, almost cosmically so. Second time I saw it, it struck me as weirdly funny, intentionally so. Warren Oates is great in it. Sadly, and almost incredibly given his earlier lifestyle, James Taylor is the only one of the main cast members still alive, and has been since the 1980s.

strange detached and beautiful, i can see the direct continuity with jim jarmusch

how is road to nowhere, monte hellmans 90s flick, i like the main actress, is it any good ?

Back