• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

British man's dream to sail Atlantic Ocean in "Smallest ever vessel to do so", ends when it sinks in a dock and then falls apart during repairs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Atlantic-home-3ft-yacht-ends-heartbreak.html

yacht.jpeg

( I feel sad for this man. I admire adventurers. Though when I read about this vessel a month ago I worried it would get into danger during the crossing.)

Last edited:
British man's dream to sail Atlantic Ocean in "Smallest ever vessel to do so", ends when it sinks in a dock and then falls apart during repairs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Atlantic-home-3ft-yacht-ends-heartbreak.html

View attachment 66588

( I feel sad for this man. I admire adventurers. Though when I read about this vessel a month ago I worried it would get into danger during the crossing.)
He's lucky he hadn't had this happen once he'd left.

Though I can understand his heartbreak, as he was hoping to raise money for charity on behalf of family members who'd died of cancer.

Yes. I'd heard of her. She was a full grown, small adult who posed as a child. I'll have to watch this later to see if it gives any more information as to why she did this impersonation to get adopted.
I don't know if you have already heard this, but I just saw it this morning, our Discovery tv channel is doing a special on this couple who adopted a girl from the Ukraine, who attempted to kill them:

Inside the Bizarre Tale of Natalia Grace, Adopted from Ukraine: Is She a Child or an Adult 'Sociopath?'​

Natalia Grace, an orphan from the Ukraine, was adopted in 2010 by an Indiana couple.

Michael and Kristine Barnett believed they were adopting a 6-year-old girl. But soon, they became suspicious of her age, leading to a bombshell claim: that Natalia, who has a form of dwarfism called spondyloepiphyseal, was merely posing as a child — and was really an adult woman with sinister intentions.

The strange case is the subject of a new docuseries, The Curious Case of Natalia Grace, debuting across three consecutive nights on ID beginning Monday, May 29, airing nightly from 9-11 p.m. ET/PT. (A trailer for the show is below.)

The Barnetts claimed Natalia tried to harm them and their biological children. Natalia was accused of trying to poison Kristine's coffee and kill her by dragging her towards an electric fence. Natalia was also accused of placing clear thumb tacks on the stairs face up so that they would step on them.

Michael Barnett told Good Morning America that doctors allegedly treating Natalia told them "this person is a sociopath. This person is a con artist. You are all in danger."

https://people.com/crime/natalia-grace-id-documentary-child-or-sociopath/

I've been watching this case on our ID channel, and this supposed 6 year old 'child' gives me the creeps.
First of all, I wonder why this couple did not give the child back to the adoption agency, which apparently was trying to make money on getting her adopted. That was fraud, trying to pass her off as a 6 year old, when she had pubic hair and menstrual periods. Even doctors who examined her knew she was much older.
And waking up to find this 'child' standing over their bed with a knife in her hands would have freaked me out, I would have called law enforcement to have her taken to an institution for evaluation. She is definitely extremely dangerous.

The Best and Worst Drinks for Your Penis

When it comes to the beverages in your daily diet, the best drinks for your penis are the ones that can help increase blood flow, prevent damage to cells that release nitric oxide, and help you maintain overall health and vitality. Conversely, the worst drinks for your penis are the ones "that decrease levels of nitric oxide…

https://apple.news/A8VpOVKuBQWCY3Gg6x2NhV

maximus otter

The Best and Worst Drinks for Your Penis

When it comes to the beverages in your daily diet, the best drinks for your penis are the ones that can help increase blood flow, prevent damage to cells that release nitric oxide, and help you maintain overall health and vitality. Conversely, the worst drinks for your penis are the ones "that decrease levels of nitric oxide…

https://apple.news/A8VpOVKuBQWCY3Gg6x2NhV

maximus otter

Sorry, this item isn’t available in Apple News.​

Palm trees destroyed to stop people having sex under them

A number of trees have been cut down in the Plymouth Hoe area in an attempt to stop people using the area for sex and drug-taking. A council spokesperson said: “The area around the Belvedere shelter has suffered from growing anti-social behaviour, with council officers regularly having to clean up sex and drug paraphernalia.”

Plymouth City Council, which recently came under heavy criticism after 110 mature trees were chopped down in the centre, has admitted removing large shrubs including cabbage palms near the waterfront.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/palm-trees-destroyed-stop-people-8469932

maximus otter

A number of trees have been cut down in the Plymouth Hoe area in an attempt to stop people using the area for sex and drug-taking. A council spokesperson said: “The area around the Belvedere shelter has suffered from growing anti-social behaviour, with council officers regularly having to clean up sex and drug paraphernalia.”

Plymouth City Council, which recently came under heavy criticism after 110 mature trees were chopped down in the centre, has admitted removing large shrubs including cabbage palms near the waterfront.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/palm-trees-destroyed-stop-people-8469932

maximus otter
As it says in the article, it will only move the problems elsewhere.

maximus otter
That is disgraceful. Chopping down the trees, I mean.

One-legged British crime boss jailed after five years on the run
For Gods Sake - what is wrong with headline writers these days?
Surely they could have worded it differently to take advantage of his unipedal stature?
EG, "One-legged British crime boss jailed after five years on the hop."

I have two vaginas — one for my husband and one for my career

A woman born with two vaginas has embraced her rare condition and become a popular content creator on OnlyFans — saying she uses one of her organs for work and the other for play.

Evelyn Miller, 31, was first diagnosed with uterus didelphys in 2011 after a gynecologist noticed a physical irregularity during an examination at the Women and Children’s Hospital in Adelaide, Australia.

Miller’s condition — which affects about one in every 2,000 women — means she has a double uterus, two sets of ovaries and two vaginas.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/03/i-hav...my-husband-and-one-for-work/?dicbo=v2-E5LgV0K

maximus otter

that seems suprisingly frequent! :eek:
Indeed. During one of my pregnancies, in hospital for complete bedrest, one of my fellow patients was there as after a previous stillbirth it had been discovered that she had two wombs. To be honest I was a little jealous of her as her previous stillbirth problem had an obvious cause whereas mine didn't. We were in for over a month together but although we had lots of chats she never mentioned having two vaginas!

We both had live births but we didn't keep in touch as my baby died at 7 weeks old (SIDS). However and being as how this is the FTMB I may as well mention that fifteen or so years later, living in a different town 200 miles away I did meet her again and met her daughter for the first time. Getting to know the mother of my sons friend, also newly moved to the town, things started to click and it turned out she was this women's sister! Great coincidence, but also as you can imagine a little sad.

Indeed. During one of my pregnancies, in hospital for complete bedrest, one of my fellow patients was there as after a previous stillbirth it had been discovered that she had two wombs. To be honest I was a little jealous of her as her previous stillbirth problem had an obvious cause whereas mine didn't. We were in for over a month together but although we had lots of chats she never mentioned having two vaginas!

We both had live births but we didn't keep in touch as my baby died at 7 weeks old (SIDS). However and being as how this is the FTMB I may as well mention that fifteen or so years later, living in a different town 200 miles away I did meet her again and met her daughter for the first time. Getting to know the mother of my sons friend, also newly moved to the town, things started to click and it turned out she was this women's sister! Great coincidence, but also as you can imagine a little sad.
Sorry to hear about your stillbirth experience, but luckily you went on to have more babies! :)

“Dead Duck Day” marks that time a scientist witnessed gay duck necrophilia

On June 5, 1995, a Dutch ornithologist named Kees Moelikerwas working quietly in his office in the new wing of the Natural History Museum in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, when there was an unusually loud bang one floor below. The wing's all-glass facade sometimes took on mirror-like qualities, so there was a regular supply of birds colliding with the glass. In this case, the collision was from a drake mallard duck (Anas platyrhynchos) lying dead on its belly in the sand.

Things took an unusual turn when Moeliker spotted a second, living male mallard nearby, which began pecking at the back of the dead duck's head. After a couple of minutes, the living duck "mounted the corpse and started to copulate, with great force," Moeliker recalled.

Moeliker published his findings in a 2001 paper that would eventually snag him the 2003 Ig Nobel prize in Biology. It also inspired the annual "Dead Duck Day" celebration, held at the very spot the unfortunate duck perished, marked by a memorial plaque. The brief commemorative ceremony is typically followed by a six-course duck dinner at a local Chinese restaurant.

https://arstechnica.com/science/202...e-a-scientist-witnessed-gay-duck-necrophilia/

maximus otter

World UFO Day is July 2. I know this article is from the summer of 2022, I must have missed it:

World UFO Day: What's Been Spotted In New Jersey's Skies?​

A cigar-shaped object turns to smoke. A round aircraft hovers over houses. NJ has seen its share of weird UFO reports​

NEW JERSEY — A “very fast, moving ball of light” appears near the parkway in Woodbridge. A “cigar-shaped object turns to smoke” in the night sky above Avon-by-the-Sea. A video of a jet fighter flying in Hackensack also captures “two white objects.” And in Newark, a “very large, round aircraft” was seen hovering over houses.
These are just a few of the unidentified flying object sightings that have been reported in New Jersey so far in 2022, according to a crowd-sourced list from the National UFO Reporting Center (NUFORC).
Don’t believe in UFOs? As World UFO Day approaches on July 2, here’s something to consider. In May, during the first public hearing on UFOs in half a century, a top Navy intelligence official told lawmakers the military has added more than 250 reports of aircraft flying at mysterious speeds and trajectories to its database in the past year, bringing the total to about 400.

• Jan. 5 (Jamesburg) – “Walked outside saw a bright blinking burning light, turned to a translucent light and was moving too fast to be a drone or plane.”
  • Jan. 12 (Newark) – “A very large, round aircraft was hovering over houses.”
  • Feb. 19 (Hamilton) – “A greenish-white sphere was hovering side to side in one location in the sky.”
  • March 6 (Hopatcong) – “Possible craft which shot something out or was almost hit by something.”
  • March 18 (Rahway) – “Triangle shaped aircraft with swirling lights.”
  • May 29 (Hackensack) – “Father took video of jet fighter flying low over house, after watching video, I spotted two white objects flying in the sky.”

https://patch.com/new-jersey/newarknj/world-ufo-day-what-s-been-spotted-new-jersey-s-skies

Council issues warning about scum found near Twatt

A Scottish council has issued a warning after toxic scum was found near Twatt.

Yes, you read that right.

Shetland Islands Council's environmental health team has found blue-green algae on the Loch of North House near the village of Twatt on the Shetland Mainland.

It's not to be confused with the village of Twatt on Orkney, which is close to the Loch of Boardhouse, and as far as we know is scum free.

Article at link: https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/06/council-issues-warning-about-scum-found-near-twatt-18904830/

SEC_159157463-631c.jpg

Back