Fortean Headlines

uair01

Justified & Ancient
From my Twitter feed:

I think one of the overlooked pressures of being an antiques buyer & trader, must be the times you buy a cursed artefact, and have a spend a night excavating a hole in the basement floor into which you can drop said item, in the vain hope the screaming will stop...

My current fascination with macabre, slightly funereal, things continues with this life-sized solid clay sculpture that is somewhat akin to a death mask. Found today in the varied and wonderful Cambridge Antiques Market north of Boston.

ChasFink

Devoted Cultist
Indian restaurant refuses to serve man ‘because he is Indian’
Owner criticises ‘one-sided’ ruling and intends to appeal

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-customer-ravis-kitchen-dublin-a9072831.html

An Indian restaurant in Dublin has been ordered to pay €3,000 (£2,745) after officials ruled its owner refused a man service because he was Indian.
Mayank Bhatnagar won a discrimination case heard before the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC).
Mr Bhatnagar told the WRC he had entered Ravi’s Kitchen in July last year, with the intention of having lunch with two colleagues.
He claimed he asked the restaurant’s owner, who was handing out menus, how long the lunch would take because the group had a limited time, according to The Irish Times.
The customer alleged Ravi Shukla, the owner, then asked him if he was Indian.
He replied that he was.
Mr Bhatnagar claimed the proprietor said he did not serve Indians and asked him to leave.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar